BANNED

Default Action Comics #995 (spoilers)

Not a fan of Booth, I rather Jurgens did the pencils again. I was pissed for a second with the scene of Booster's field giving in instead of Supes but then I reread the electric pulse bit. On the other hand Kal was written like a sanctimonious boob until the rooftop scenario, so it evens out. Make no mistake, this is a Booster Gold story featuring Superman for me and that's why I'm loving it.

Skeets yapping Kal up about Booster was precious.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

It's a tricky line of writing and I don't think Jurgens gets enough credit for walking it. Hopefully people don't just read the preview and assume there's no point out how he's written in the full story. Superman is wildly headstrong, but we see that Booster is just the same. The difference is that Booster went to Krypton to shake Kal off the trail while Skeets makes an appeal for help when Booster gets in the same boat, and Superman decides to help.

The art lacked a certain polish after the first few pages.

We saw another bad father here... Betraying his son..

Speaking of fathers, I hope that Sam Lane doesnīt end like an idiot.. Lois is going to save him..

I donīt like to say this but.... For one moment.. I CONFUSED LOIS(We saw her with short hair normally) WITH DONNA TROY.. Is the same artist of Titans?
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-10-2018 at 10:57 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

As someone that doesn't care for booster that much, this is a pretty boring story. Will be kinda sad if Jurgen's action run is ending with this arc.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

I agree Dragonpiece..I'm uninterested in Booster, so current arc is boring me..feels like Action is just treading water into #1000..

Spectacular Member Embryonic Superman's Avatar

I enjoyed it despite not generally being a fan of Booth's art. It's always nice to have Jurgens take another crack at Booster, and the pairing of him and Superman always takes me back to the Doomsday-era Justice League.

This storyline is essentially feeling like Time and Time Again... Again, albeit designed to plant seeds for future stories (especially with the visit to the Zod Planet next issue). I personally don't want Jurgens going anywhere after #1000, as it feels he still has plenty to say about this still relatively new era of Superman.

BANNED

This would have made for a nice feelgood christmas issue if the timing had been right. Booster's family interactions were compelling and later heartwarming, and I liked that Skeets presented Supes with a dilemma (rescue Booster without compromising his public image) that managed to switch him from being whiny to more of his assured self again. Lois on her rescue mission is badass and I hope she gets a day in the limelight issue all to herself focusing on her and Jon's adventure.

I liked the issue. The arc is pretty fast moving and there is a lot of stuff going on. Within a single issue i could see the story of Booster. It was nice to see him meet with his mother and Superman showing up too. I am enjoying the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Speaking of fathers, I hope that Sam Lane doesnīt end like an idiot.. Lois is going to save him..

I donīt like to say this but.... For one moment.. I CONFUSED LOIS(We saw her with short hair normally) WITH DONNA TROY.. Is the same artist of Titans?
    I noticed that too. She looked a lot like Donna Troy.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-12-2018 at 06:08 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Booth WAS on Titans, he was taken off of it to come here presumably.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I liked the issue. Booth's art wasn't great but not bad either. The fight scenes looked pretty cool. Jon secretly following his mother in her mission to save her father was sweet. Now it's time Supes and Booster kneel before Zod...!!!