Default Cable #153 Spoilers

-It starts by Gideon finally waking up and walks for a while until he arrives in the New York and sees the X-Masion in Central Park and goes inside a finds Cable's arm and goes back and kills Candra.
    -Back at to Cable's team there still getting hit by a telepathic attack and tells anybody to wake up Doop. So, X-23 volunteers and slaps Doop and he wakes up.
    =The team managed to clear a path, but Doop is really out, so Cable puts him on his back. Tells him he did good. (Aww)
    - Armor really wants to get out of the base and doesn't really want to die against a "stupid mustache twirler's dumb underground base."
    -Cable tells the team to stay close to him and tells Armor to do something on his mark and then the base explodes.
    -Gideon confronts Selene with the rest of the Externals and tells them why are they next to her after want she did to you.
    -Selene attacks Gideon but Gideon has the other powers of the other Externals he has killed.
    -Absalom stabs Crule and Selene is surprise by that, and Absalom says that Burke is right he doesn't want to live anymore its not worth it.
    -Absalom to kills Nicodemus as well at the same time he tells him to accept to the inevitable. They have Selene cornered but she tells Blink to get her out of there.
    -Absalom turns out he was a spy of Gideon.
    -Back to Cable's team we found out that Armor turn into a big size Armor (She has done it before, but she doesn't know yet since this is her past version.)
    -We see that Selene and Blink transport where Cable's team is located and she asked for help.

To be continued!

Just one more issue to go, and Brisson leaves the title. Just give Brisson a team book already the guy knows how to write a team book. The silver lining of this is that Jean has been confirmed to appear in the next arc, so I'm excited for that (Well the writer(s) confirmed it). The downside is that (well at least to me) is Hope is showing up the same arc as well. :|

I'll be reading Jean in Cable's solo not Red.

It's funny how Gideon asks the same question that many have since Gold debuted what the heck X-Masion does in the middle of Central Park?

It had been a long time since saw Armor receiving so much attention in a history.

I wonder how the rules of time travel will stay after this the Externals are almost all dead this does not that change the future?

One issue missing and yet we have no interesting scene with Blink .

I loved this issue and love this team. Agree with giving Brisson a team book. My hope is that he's doing the rumored X-men Black or X-Force that Bleeding Cool said would be replacing Weapon X soon. Fingers crossed...he did say he had to give up Cable to take a dream assignment. Maybe it's that?

As for Jean showing up in Cable, where was that said? I never saw that anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    One issue missing and yet we have no interesting scene with Blink .
    Yes! I guess the downside of this series (besides the art) is that Blink hasn't done anything yet. At least she has Exiles coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    As for Jean showing up in Cable, where was that said? I never saw that anywhere.
    https://twitter.com/ZacBeThompson/st...91094157049856
    I guess she'll up in March?

Probably my favourite read this week.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Awesome. Thanks. That will be cool to see them interact again.

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    Probably my favourite read this week.
    No doubt. This was the 90s at its best and most fun all over again. Freakin’ loved it. Give either Brisson or Duggan a Cable-led X-Force book and I’ll be so happy.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Can anyone possibly explain to me what is going on with the timeline in this run?

As far as I've figured out, 13 years ago is literally 2005, which is why Cable borrowed a pre-X-Men Armor and a feral X-23 for his mission, and they're referring to Gideon's seeming death in X-Force #52 as happening "a decade ago."

Is that everyone else's read on it? This issue with the time-traveling Gideon is the first time it clicked into place for me, but I'm still confused about why we are suddenly using absolute years to refer to Marvel's typically sliding timeline. If it's really been 22 years since Gideon originally died, Boom Boom is now in her 40s!

(Also, I am just seriously annoyed that Cable has Armor and X-23 on this team. If he had all of X-Men Academy in 2005 to choose from, Hellion would have been a much better choice of telekinetic. Also, he could have just as easily brought a team of characters from the present day to the past with him to make use of more of the X-Men's massive cast. I dig this story and the art, but the editorial aspects of it are just killing me.)
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I cannot believe how easy it was for Absolom to kill Nicodemus and Crule. That was a bit to easy if you ask me.
    The art is growing on me.

I hope they explain how Blink was resurrected by Selene for the second time and exactly the way she did during Necrosha...
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Can anyone possibly explain to me what is going on with the timeline in this run?

As far as I've figured out, 13 years ago is literally 2005, which is why Cable borrowed a pre-X-Men Armor and a feral X-23 for his mission, and they're referring to Gideon's seeming death in X-Force #52 as happening "a decade ago."

Is that everyone else's read on it? This issue with the time-traveling Gideon is the first time it clicked into place for me, but I'm still confused about why we are suddenly using absolute years to refer to Marvel's typically sliding timeline. If it's really been 22 years since Gideon originally died, Boom Boom is now in her 40s!

(Also, I am just seriously annoyed that Cable has Armor and X-23 on this team. If he had all of X-Men Academy in 2005 to choose from, Hellion would have been a much better choice of telekinetic. Also, he could have just as easily brought a team of characters from the present day to the past with him to make use of more of the X-Men's massive cast. I dig this story and the art, but the editorial aspects of it are just killing me.)
    I think you’ve got the gist of it. They seem to be using real time instead of Marvel’s sliding timescale, which is confusing. And also taking some liberties too here and there. I’d say chalk it up to Secret Wars resetting reality and maybe things being just slightly different, but in the main you’ve got it. I just roll with it and enjoy the story. It’s a fun one! Takes me back to the best part of the 90s IMO, which is the early 90s.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I cannot believe how easy it was for Absolom to kill Nicodemus and Crule. That was a bit to easy if you ask me.
    The art is growing on me.

I hope they explain how Blink was resurrected by Selene for the second time and exactly the way she did during Necrosha...
    Honestly doesn't seem like this arc takes place over much time, so this could have been when she brought Blink back. Necrosha was over a longer period of time and this actually helps to explain why she was loyal to Selene besides just the "I came and got you when no one else would"