Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

Default Who Else Would Be Up For A Gillen X-Men Forever Book?

Look, it's no secret many X-fans have not been happy these past three years or so, for reasons that can be found throughout this forum. And while I do think the X-Books will get great again - hopefully sooner rather than later - I can't help but wish that Gillen had stayed on the books. Which got me thinking - a Gillen X-Men Forever style book. By that I mean a series, maybe 20 or 30 issues, in which Gillen writes his continuation of the X-Men outside the constraints of continuity and everything that's happened since he's left. Let him give us his take on what writing "the end" of the X-Men would look like. Even if the direction of the X-books gets rectified, I'd still like to see where he'd go with it, without the constraint of knowing that someone else will pick up after him.

Would anyone be else be interested in this? I know I'd love to read it.

Can you imagine what our lives would be like if Gillen had stayed on instead of us getting Bendis?
    We'd all be so happy. Our lives would just be enriched.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I would pass on anything with gillen.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    Can you imagine what our lives would be like if Gillen had stayed on instead of us getting Bendis?
    We'd all be so happy. Our lives would just be enriched.
    Yea. Should of let him take control instead of Bendis. Nothing good came from Bendis's run on X-men.

I am against this tho, because I don't feel like reading another alternate reality X-men.

Yeah, no alternate Xmen for me either.

I was not as enamored with Gillens run as others were, (didn’t he have Land for some issues? Oh god)

But I would love for him and Jamie to do a run with the xkids, a school setting, or road trip book.

I'd rather he be back to write a new X-men book. He doesnt need a non-canon Forever title especially since his material was so recent

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

No thanks. Put him on Gold instead.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Yeah, no alternate Xmen for me either.

I was not as enamored with Gillens run as others were, (didn’t he have Land for some issues? Oh god)

But I would love for him and Jamie to do a run with the xkids, a school setting, or road trip book.
    I understand not liking the artist, but that doesn't mean much about the writing, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I understand not liking the artist, but that doesn't mean much about the writing, does it?
    It affected his enjoyment of the book and I can get that. Ive seen ugly art ruin otherwise good writing

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It affected his enjoyment of the book and I can get that. Ive seen ugly art ruin otherwise good writing
    Yeah. Art-style can definitely bring down enjoyment some. Though sometimes, depending on what you're dealing with, you can tolerate the art, but don't wanna see it often. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I can understand it too, but it came across as 'Gillen's writing is still bad because he worked with Land that time." Unless he is still working with Land?

I'd have loved for him to stay with UXM after AvX. I really loved his UXM run, particularly after Schism.

Bendis...he just made such a mess. It seemed like he had no real plan for the X-Men besides "The 05 are back", so many of his storylines went nowhere, and some seemed to be twists for the sake of shocking the readers.

I recently saw some post on tumblr about Xavier being married to Mystique and I laughed thinking it was fanfiction until my repressed memory came back and I remembered that Bendis actually did that.

BANNED

I would love to see a year three of Claremont's X-Men Forever.

BANNED

Im happy with the xmen gold and xmen blue run as well as generation x and astonishing xmen.

If we'll get xmen forever, have Claremont write it.

BANNED

Or have Joe Kelly and Steve Seagle write xmen books again.