Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BANNED

Man this looks good,and guess what folks,the Reborn suit looks AMAZING here,and THIS is how Superman should look.

And I say that being a long time classic Superman fan

Skeets refers to a war between and Earth and Krypton and Supes has no idea what Skeet is talking about. Are we going to get a Krypton vs Earth battle?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    Skeets refers to a war between and Earth and Krypton and Supes has no idea what Skeet is talking about. Are we going to get a Krypton vs Earth battle?

I hope so,just think if DC actually learned from last mistakes and did this right,it could be SUPER on a huge magnitude

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

"Hmmm, New Krypton. Sounds like a Zod thing."

Will Conrad is pretty tight.

BANNED

This could be DCs summer blockbuster crossover.you could bring in every series in the whole DCU line and make it epic this time

Astonishing Member

Oh fun.

I like that alt-timeline "young adult" Lor-Zod has the Michael Shannon goatee. The books I don't think will ever (hopefully!) do that with Dru-Zod because they want to do their artistic takes on a Terrance Stamp style beard, so this is a good place for that slight homage.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Learner View Post
    Or it could just be another sign that the history is not complete yet, and that currently Superman doesn't remember New Krypton but he will after Doomsday Clock.

I mean, Superman couldn't possibly be whole without every shitty Geoff Johns idea back in continuity.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I really like Lois Lane doing this crazy type of investigative reporting, it reminds us why she is one of the best in journalism.

BANNED

Another preview page from Will Conrad (using a physical copy of the issue)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeIxssNHg3G/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Or it could just be another sign that the history is not complete yet, and that currently Superman doesn't remember New Krypton but he will after Doomsday Clock.

I mean, Superman couldn't possibly be whole without every shitty Geoff Johns idea back in continuity.
    That's like saying a discussion isn't complete without tenuous, unrelated complaints.

WoNK is definitely out of continuity, from what we have already seen with Zod now kinda with Lois.

BANNED

New Krypton didn't strike me as something Johns was actually passionate about. It felt more like he was trying to do for Superman what he did for Green Lantern with Sinestro Corps War, which is why he was willing to leave the book and work on other books and leave it up to others to finish up that story.

You'd never see him do that with Green Lantern.

It wouldn't surprise me if New Krypton stays gone for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    That's like saying a discussion isn't complete without tenuous, unrelated complaints.

WoNK is definitely out of continuity, from what we have already seen with Zod now kinda with Lois.
    Its not really unrelated though. If Skeets is hinting at a battle between Earth and Krypton in this very issue, and Superman has no recollection of it, it's incredibly possible that indeed they're dropping NK hints. Maybe something new? Of course a possibility as well. But the former is just as possible if not more so. The little commentary at the end nothwithstanding, its worth considering. That was just colorful snark, not intended to be taken seriously.

I mean if it stays gone, obviously I'm happy, but its certainly relevant to ponder one way or the other considering something that at least sounds similar to War of the Supermen has been brought up.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-22-2018 at 02:24 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

I get the feeling Jurgens read the New Krypton material back in the day, thought to himself "not how I'd have done it" and here we are

BANNED

Either it will be new Krypton part 2

Or

A saved Krypton,actually envades and goes to war with earth.

Or we all forgetting they are moving through time and Krypton is in play,it could have not exploded,and Kal could have not been sent to earth.maybe Kryptonians would get that lust for galatic conquering again.

BTW the Reborn suit looks great here