View Poll Results: Which 3 character's should complete the line-up?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arrowette (Cissie King-Jones)

18 14.88%
  • Artemis Crock

25 20.66%
  • Aquagirl (Lorena Marquez)

26 21.49%
  • Aqualad (Jackson Hyde)

43 35.54%
  • Blue Beetle

53 43.80%
  • Bunker

26 21.49%
  • Empress

23 19.01%
  • Ms Martian

61 50.41%
  • Ravager (Rose Wilson)

18 14.88%
  • Red Devil

13 10.74%
  • Secret

13 10.74%
  • Slobo

7 5.79%
  • Speedy (Mia Dearden)

19 15.70%
  • Thirteen (Traci 13)

17 14.05%
  • Other

14 11.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No, what led to the show lasting only 2 seasons was poor scheduling by CN. DC had nothing to do with that. And it's coming back for a third season at least.
    Actually it was shit toys. Though to be fair I have no clue how involved DC are in those dealings.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-11-2018 at 10:33 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    She has a unique look and a cool powerset. Plus she's tied to a fan favorite JL member and was part of a great animated show. I think exploring her lobotomizing minds is worth exploring and could definitely add friction/drama to a team, which would make things interesting.
    Heroes put villains away for far lesser crimes. Lobotomizing minds isn't something which should be explored for the sake of drama, it's something which should have her put in jail.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I voted Aqualad, Blue Beetle, and Bunker. I would also add in given the chance Stargirl and Cyclone.

This would be my lineup:

Conner (he needs a new name)
    Tim (he also needs a new name)
    Wonder Girl
    Kid Flash (Wally 2)
    Aqualad
    Blue Beelte
    Bunker
    Stargirl
    Cyclone
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 01-11-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Heroes put villains away for far lesser crimes. Lobotomizing minds isn't something which should be explored for the sake of drama, it's something which should have her put in jail.
    Well, when you put it like that.... Lol I still think her going down the darker path would be interesting. Anyway she's not leading anymore. Jaime and Jackson caught up, with Miguel and Anita right behind them.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I voted Aqualad, Blue Beetle, and Bunker. I would also add in given the chance Stargirl and Cyclone.

This would be my lineup:

Conner (he needs a new name)
    Tim (he also needs a new name)
    Wonder Girl
    Kid Flash (Wally 2)
    Aqualad
    Blue Beelte
    Bunker
    Stargirl
    Cyclone
    If it meant getting her back sooner rather than later, I'd definitely take Maxine over Lorena, even if I'd rather she just come back with the JSA.

Also, I'm pretty sure if DC decided to include NuWally instead of Bart they won't any and all good will he's built up with most fans would vanish.

Well, when you put it like that.... Lol I still think her going down the darker path would be interesting. Anyway she's not leading anymore. Jaime and Jackson caught up, with Miguel and Anita right behind them.
    I am digging the Anita love here.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

If it meant getting her back sooner rather than later, I'd definitely take Maxine over Lorena, even if I'd rather she just come back with the JSA.

Also, I'm pretty sure if DC decided to include NuWally instead of Bart they won't any and all good will he's built up with most fans would vanish.
    The thing with Bart is I just don't see a place for him in the current DCU. What role would he really serve? Love him or hate him Wally 2 fills that young speedster role now and I don't see DC getting rid of him anytime soon. It the problem that all the YJ orignal 3 face. Damian has replaced Tim. Jon has replaced Conner. Wally II has replaced Bart. With Tim and Conner it is easier to just give them a new codename and slide them back in, but Bart is a whole other story.

I love Bart but I just have a hard time seeing where he fits in the DCU as it is currently set up.

I mean, in Hawkgirl's case, the same year JLU ended, she got a spot on the League and a solo book and prior to that she'd been a long-standing member of the JSA and a major character in Hawkman. Different Hawkgirl yes, but it's not as if DCAUShayera was like comicShayera and Kendra is cooler than them both.
    What I've read of Kendra isn't too far off from DCAUShayera, but I think the Hawkgirls, like the Hawkmen, all kind of just blend together at certain points.
    And dude, you know I love Jaime, but DC did try to capitalize on him, with the book you mentioned and other appearances. It's just that those attempts were absolute garbage because DC very rarely hits the mark these days.
    I think I can count on one hand the number of times the Big Two have successfully been able to capitalize on the popularity of a character they push in outside media.

Marvel has certainly struggled several times with getting books with popular MCU leads to sell.
    I just don't get the appeal AT ALL. Her comic version was boring and her animated counterpart was a monster. Then again, plenty of people like to pretend the latter part isn't true so I guess that explains it.
    I don't think she's a monster, but I acknowledge she really went way too far with her powers in the second season, and even she realized it once she screwed-up and lobotomized Kaldur.

In-spite of all that I found her to be a likeable and endearing character, both in comics and out, but your mileage may vary.
    DC does have a history of letting heroes who mindwipe people get off scot-free.

I also remember the Illuminati mindwiping Cap once...
    The thing with Bart is I just don't see a place for him in the current DCU. What role would he really serve? Love him or hate him Wally 2 fills that young speedster role now and I don't see DC getting rid of him anytime soon. It the problem that all the YJ orignal 3 face. Damian has replaced Tim. Jon has replaced Conner. Wally II has replaced Bart. With Tim and Conner it is easier to just give them a new codename and slide them back in, but Bart is a whole other story.

I love Bart but I just have a hard time seeing where he fits in the DCU as it is currently set up.
    Bart is such a distinct character from Wally II that I think he could probably fit in fine, but certainly I think a Young Justice Rebirth book would be as much about cementing the YJ4's new role in the current DCU as it would getting them back together.

BANNED

I really don't see your point at all. Wally II and Bart have nothing in common personality wise, there's more than enough room in hero families for more than one young character, you say Tim and Kon can get new codenames, but Bart is the one who still has a perfectly good one to return to (Impulse) and even just in terms of the roles they serve, NuWally is a sidekick, while Bart was his own man. Not to mention, as I alluded to, it'd be pretty heinous to see NuWally hanging out with the other YJ4 in Bart's place, and this discussion is pretty pointless, since Bart IS coming back. We've had three teases in the Flash book, his Tomorrow self appear alongside the others , we've seen more teases in the first look we got at Flash War and Williamson is a massive fan of the character. Bart isn't just coming back, he's probably going to be the first or second member of the Flash Family to return.

Just a hunch I, and many other fans have. The founders just made their much anticipated return to the comics and the team does have an extemely popular animated series returning this year. DC is obviously going to capitalize on that.
    "Obviously"?!?

How long have you been reading/following DC comic books?

BANNED

Voted for
    Lorena
    Ms Martian
    Slobo
    And if I had 3 more spots
    Red devil
    Empress
    Bunker

But really I can handle the YJ4 for aslong as they let me

My ideal team would be the YJ4 + Blue Beetle + Lorena.

I think a starting 6 character cast is the way to go, but it depends of who’s writing it.

Hah...I didn't notice we were limited to three, so I voted for seven members. But of those seven, I'd like to see Red Devil, Traci Thirteen, and Empress on the team.

(Others were Arrowette, Aquagirl, Ms. Martian, and Other, because I'd love to see the Wonder Twins here)
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 01-11-2018 at 06:10 PM.

For me, I want a roster the echoes both the 90s YJ team and the animated YJ team. Comparing them, you have:

(90s)
    Robin
    Superboy
    Impulse
    Wonder Girl
    Arrowette
    Secret

(TV)
    Robin
    Kid Flash
    Aqualad
    Superboy
    Miss Martian
    Artemis

Going with the idea that the new YJ is built around Tim, Conner, Bart, and Cassie, the “odd ones out” from the two lists are Arrowette and Secret (from the 90s) and Aqualad, Miss Martian, and Artemis (from the animated series).

Both of these include an “archeress”; so my first pick would also be an archeress. But which one? Not Artemis; on the Primary Earth, I'd rather she be the fully grown JSA antagonist called the Huntress rather than a teenager. Not Arrowette, either; her story is done, and although it could be rebooted I don't see any point too doing so.

My archeress pick, then, would be Mia Dearden. Another purpose I see for restarting YJ is to rescue teen heroes who feel through the cracks after the New 52 hit: Conner and Bart are prime examples, as is Cassie if you treat her new YJ characterization more like her pre-Flashpoint versions than the klepto “heroine” that the N52 Teen Titans saddled us with. Mia Dearden is another such case, and fills the archeress role quite well.

That leaves Secret from the 90s and Aqualad and Miss Martian from the animated series, with two slots to fill. Aqualad is already a Teen Titan, and I'm inclined to leave him there. Secret is a bit like Arrowette, in that her story has been brought to completion; but more on that below. Miss Martian, OTOH, is in limbo: she appeared in a brief cameo near the start of the N52 Teen Titans and hasn't been seen since. And she could be presented as a rival to Cassie for Conner's affection, leading to a love triangle and some team drama. So she's in as my second pick.

That still leaves one slot. After a lot of deliberation, I settled on Lorena Marquez: like Aqualad, she brings a teen counterpart of Aquaman to the team; and like Conner, Bart, Mia, M'gann, and arguably Cassie, she's a pre-N52 rescue. So:

Tim Drake as Red Robin
    Conner Kent as Superboy or Scion
    Bart Allen as Impulse
    Cassie Sandsmark as Wonder Girl
    Mia Dearden as Speedy
    M'gann M'orzz as Miss Martian
    Lorena Marquez as Aquagirl (?)

This would just be an initial roster; I'd expect it to grow in time. For instance, I'd like to bring Secret in soon after with her story being rebooted, both as a way of recognizing her key role on the 90s team (she was the only one, I think, who never took a leave of absence) and as a lead-in to giving YJ a Lantern: her brother, Harm, after he gets inducted into the Indigo Tribe.

I'd also consider Blue Beetle as a later member, both as a teen counterpart to Cyborg (human host to alien technology) and as a nod to the animated series (he was pretty central to Season Two). OTOH, I could also see him as a Cyborg expat in the Teen Titans.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 01-11-2018 at 07:38 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Aquagirl - Thought she was an interesting character when she was introduced and would like to see her again.
    Red Devil - Every team needs a loveable idiot.
    Bunker - The ONLY good thing to come from the godawful New 52 Titans era.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    (she was the only one, I think, who never took a leave of absence)
    If you're just talking about the first six, Cassie also never took a leave of absence and while Kon did briefly lose his powers, he never officially quit the team, and even then, the power loss was only for an issue or two.