View Poll Results: Which 3 character's should complete the line-up?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arrowette (Cissie King-Jones)

18 14.88%
  • Artemis Crock

25 20.66%
  • Aquagirl (Lorena Marquez)

26 21.49%
  • Aqualad (Jackson Hyde)

43 35.54%
  • Blue Beetle

53 43.80%
  • Bunker

26 21.49%
  • Empress

23 19.01%
  • Ms Martian

61 50.41%
  • Ravager (Rose Wilson)

18 14.88%
  • Red Devil

13 10.74%
  • Secret

13 10.74%
  • Slobo

7 5.79%
  • Speedy (Mia Dearden)

19 15.70%
  • Thirteen (Traci 13)

17 14.05%
  • Other

14 11.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Voted for Beetle, Aqualad, and Miss Martian.

They all have history with the cartoon version, so there's a nice balance between the comics' YJ4 and some of the major players from the show. They have great, varied skills and abilities. And it doesn't hurt that it also improves the representation factor with another woman and two men of color (one of whom is also gay).

I also voted for Ravager and Artemis because I voted before noticing that I was supposed to limit it to three. My bad!

I think the book could handle a roster of nine though. And Artemis and Rose bring some nice dynamics and abilities with them.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

I'd say Aquagirl, because i kind of like her and enjoy the idea of a regular Atlantean getting a chance to show their natural strengths and I think the idea of a character with multiple subcultures she belongs to is interesting.

Miss Martian, because even with the disputes people have over her character arc in Young Justice, I think it was still treated pretty well and with more forethought (unlike, say, certain movies located in my current signature!) Plus, you can modify her tale a bit to be less icky if you need it, and a telepath is always good for exposition.

And finally, for Other, Cassandra Cain as Orphan/Black Bat/Other Alias. She's already a proven ensemble asset, but I think she might work better in a cast made up of other teenagers; just imagine her body language ability being played with their hormones and soap opera drama. Plus, I want to replay the Supreboy/Batgirl thing she used to have with Kon, and I like the idea of her kind of being everyone's martial arts teacher, trying to figure out what kind of skills to tailor to their power sets.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I'd say Aquagirl, because i kind of like her and enjoy the idea of a regular Atlantean getting a chance to show their natural strengths and I think the idea of a character with multiple subcultures she belongs to is interesting.
    Lorena isn't an Atlantean. She's a human whose body was modified to adapt to underwater life when San Diego was sunk.

And finally, for Other, Cassandra Cain as Orphan/Black Bat/Other Alias. She's already a proven ensemble asset, but I think she might work better in a cast made up of other teenagers; just imagine her body language ability being played with their hormones and soap opera drama. Plus, I want to replay the Supreboy/Batgirl thing she used to have with Kon, and I like the idea of her kind of being everyone's martial arts teacher, trying to figure out what kind of skills to tailor to their power sets.
    Some more neat ideas there.
    Last edited by Assam; 01-11-2018 at 08:10 PM.

I voted for:

Blue Beetle
    Miss Martian
    Traci 13
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Lorena isn't an Atlantean. She's a human whose body was modified to adapt to underwater life when San Diego was sunk.

Some more neat ideas there.
    Thats kind of my idea; she's a Latina American girl who also has a foot in surface world and Atlantean cultures. Of course I kind of think you could repackage her. Sub Diego, while a cool idea, hasn't been referenced in years, and I think I'd love it if Lorena had a more complex history, like being the result of an Atlantean refugee marrying a surface dweller and, unlike Aquaman, both oarents raising her in their worlds as best as they could. Maybe have her appear to invert the usual paradigm by actually knowing how to navigate across all her different subcultures, and instead being aggravated by how seemingly no one else can.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Sounds awfully similar to Jackson Hyde's backstory. Also, I didn't like it when Johns did something similar to Superboy and Wonder Girl back in 2003; is much rather they just put Sub Diego back into continuity.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Aquagirl, but I'd de-age her considerably.

Empress, as a "spy" on the inside.

Traci 13!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Aquagirl, but I'd de-age her considerably.

Empress, as a "spy" on the inside.

Traci 13!
    May I ask why?

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Sounds awfully similar to Jackson Hyde's backstory. Also, I didn't like it when Johns did something similar to Superboy and Wonder Girl back in 2003; is much rather they just put Sub Diego back into continuity.
    How is it similar to Johns' Superboy and Wonder Girl?

Thats kind of my idea; she's a Latina American girl who also has a foot in surface world and Atlantean cultures. Of course I kind of think you could repackage her. Sub Diego, while a cool idea, hasn't been referenced in years, and I think I'd love it if Lorena had a more complex history, like being the result of an Atlantean refugee marrying a surface dweller and, unlike Aquaman, both oarents raising her in their worlds as best as they could. Maybe have her appear to invert the usual paradigm by actually knowing how to navigate across all her different subcultures, and instead being aggravated by how seemingly no one else can.
    Actually, what if Lorena was a normal human? We don't have a lot of those in Aquaman's main cast and it would better help build relations between the surface and Atlantis.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-11-2018 at 11:36 PM.

All-New Member

Jaime, Lorena and Anita aka Blue Beetle, Aquagirl, and Empress. I would have voted for Aqualad but he’s already on a team. I also contemplated voting for Traci but her powers overlap with Empress too much.

BANNED

If they don't bring Sub Diego back,maybe they could have aquaman have to use Atlantis magic or a blood transfusion to save Lorena, a regular humans life.which of course gives her powers blah blah blah.

YJ imo members should be all older than damian or jons age,a good lil separation is good to differentiate the different generations.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'd go with Lorena being a normal human who develops a mutation allowing her to breathe and live underwater (or maybe she just HAS the abilities and isn't aware why, and that's a mystery going forward). She'd be on the young side, very much AquaGIRL. A nice addition to Aquaman's cast.

Maybe Mera can give her some guidance.

Beetle
    Ms. Martian
    Aquagirl or Lad (I like both )
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The thing with Bart is I just don't see a place for him in the current DCU. What role would he really serve? Love him or hate him Wally 2 fills that young speedster role now and I don't see DC getting rid of him anytime soon. It the problem that all the YJ orignal 3 face. Damian has replaced Tim. Jon has replaced Conner. Wally II has replaced Bart. With Tim and Conner it is easier to just give them a new codename and slide them back in, but Bart is a whole other story.

I love Bart but I just have a hard time seeing where he fits in the DCU as it is currently set up.
    Bart's actually easy to just give another codename to - he used to be Impulse, so he can revert to that. As for his origin, just use time travel to explain why he hasn't been around in the New 52 continuity, isn't time travel involved in his classic origin? Conner definitely needs a new name as there's a new Superboy now. But Tim doesn't. There's no reason there can't be multiple Robins, so Red Robin is fine, just give him a costume that's, you know, mainly RED.

Astonishing Member

Tim Drake, Kon-El and Impulse are the big 3 recognisable "must haves" for a Young Justice comic, with Wonder Girl coming in a close fourth.

But beyond that, I'd want to see them prioritise characters who:

1. Were in the original Young Justice
    2. Have never been a Teen Titan
    3. Aren't a "junior" version of an adult hero

Empress and Secret tick all three of those boxes.

Beyond them, I'd like to see some brand new characters, particularly LGBT and non-white.

I really want Young Justice to maintain its own identity. It would be a terrible shame if it just ended up looking like Teen Titans circa 2009 or something.

Astonishing Member

Realistically I want to see some obvious, sensible, and clever as far as how you use them in the comics with their comics baggage. Artemis/Tigress, and such. With synchronicity with the YJ cartoon and what-not. Miss Martian. So on.

But I want to get wilder with the other what, three? Just because!

Keeping thematic I'd like to see some 18/19/20ish heroes. Dick and the Titans seem to fit the "graduated from college" stuff, and Damian's Teen crew fit the high school age crew, excepting that there's some sort of supervision/chaperone age members. YJ is Tim and Co, so we know they're going to be "cusp of adulthood/18ish" age, so ...

Figuring we have the Super, Bat, and Wonder, and Flash families covered ... but not going obvious with the O.G. JLA sidekick family lineup. (So not just doing Megan, Lorena, and I dunno, some youngish Lantern-related kiddo, or Spoiler, or something - but these are artificial restrictions).

1. Rose Wilson. (the Deathstroke connection, the Johns-era connection, but mostly a post-Priest version of her being interesting.)
    2. Jaime Reyes. (with Ted Kord acting as the "supervisor/chaperone" character for the whole team and lots of Kord stuff.)
    3. Mia Dearden. (my actual Arrow family member would obviously be Artemis/Tigress, but c'est la vie!)
    Bonus. Vykin.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com