Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Even calling himself X suggests the entity we now see contains only a small part of Xavier. It would be wise not to be too hopeful. This was originally referred to as a 12 issue maxi-series, we are only in act two of a presumably three act structure where Xavier has emerged as the through-line. Expect rising tension/action and a reversal or two before we reach a climax.

The pacing is beginning to feel longer than 12 issues but I doubt this story will last longer than three trades, and may remain as two trades. Maybe act two will be four issues and act three, two issues.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 01-12-2018 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    One of the toughest parts of writing an X-Men book — really, any team book — is finding moments to spotlight each of your cast members. Who are some of the regular cast that will get big moments in this arc?

Psylocke has some really cool stuff to do, as does Rogue. Bishop is crucial here because he has what he calls his Endtime Database, with files on possible apocalypses and their inciting events. He sees some very troubling signs in what’s been happening recently, and might have to take some drastic action.

Ofcourse Rogue. She saved the day in issue 1 and helped to defeat Shadow King at the end of arc 1. Definetely she also need to save the day from Proteus or be important to help Xavier do it.
    I think Gambit and Logan can be left to be possessed again. Now by Proteus.
    In theory, Proteus literally and are his words, he fears the power and touch of Rogue, he knows that it is very dangerous, she should be able to absorb its energy, even if it has no physical body, in XML it absorbed a couple of times to beings that they did not have a solid body, although the progressions that he was giving were good because he was in control of his powers, but now he is again out of control, so maybe he does not have the same advantages that he had with his absorption with control.

But I hope it is used as a key to defeating Proteus, and with its absorption that is what makes it really powerful, the super strength of invulnerability and flight are fine, but I do not see how it can help against someone like proteus.

But I will have my reservations, issue 1 was great for Rogue, and in general for the whole team, but then soule showed not knowing the characters a bit, so I'll have my reservations until I see what happens.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    If it is even a full manifestation of Xavier. His dialogue is very suspect, his actions are overtly campaigning for allies and his speech has often remained in black bubbles. Notably Soule is sticking with X like the character is. It may be a corruption of Xavier, it may only be a vestige of him with a great deal of other personality influences. It may not be him at all. By no means is this a "hey let's have a party Xavier is back" situation.
    I'm pretty sure it IS Xavier, but Soule wants to show his death and subsequent time in the Astral Plane had actual consequences. Chuck spent what felt like centuries fighting the Shadow King, having to give everything to not allow him to win. This might have honed his skills to the ultimate level, but also might have changed his personality a lot. X being the actual Xavier works, because he's gone through too much to come out unchanged. He's a very different man now, but we'll have to see how much it affected what he was and what he'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I'm pretty sure it IS Xavier, but Soule wants to show his death and subsequent time in the Astral Plane had actual consequences. Chuck spent what felt like centuries fighting the Shadow King, having to give everything to not allow him to win. This might have honed his skills to the ultimate level, but also might have changed his personality a lot. X being the actual Xavier works, because he's gone through too much to come out unchanged. He's a very different man now, but we'll have to see how much it affected what he was and what he'll be.
    We will have to see but I suspect we will not end up with this current status-quo with Fantomex, and we may not end up with the real return of Xavier. This is shaping up to be a villain origin story in my eyes.

It is to this story’s credit that we can even have this discussion. I don’t see similar discussions about the nuances of X-Men Gold or Weapon X.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 01-12-2018 at 06:11 AM.

We will have to see but I suspect we will not end up with this current status-quo with Fantomex, and we may not end up with the real return of Xavier. This is shaping up to be a villain origin story in my eyes.

It is to this story’s credit that we can even have this discussion. I don’t see similar discussions about the nuances of X-Men Gold or Weapon X.
    Another villain taking advantage of Xavier's potential, humm I've only seen him before, true RedSkull lol.

The comics is pretty bad, I hope I improve this arch.

I admit, the speculative possibilities of this X character are quite interesting, even if the book itself is not.