Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Which kind of betrays the point of the rotating roster of the Suicide Squad. There's not supposed to be a "consistent" line-up, yet DC keeps missing the point just to have an attempt at synergy.
    There are certain characters you just kind of expect to show up in adaptions of the Squad.

Waller is obvious, but Deadshot is another one, as is Captain Boomerang. Now they're trying to make Harley one of those too.

They always seem to find an excuse to leave out Flag though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Wait, are they using skinny Waller again?
    Honestly, that's going to make this film look more dated then it actually is .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    That article says this releases in spring, which is sooner than I expected. I thought Batman Ninja was coming out before this because of the earlier trailer release. Is that the case?
    They're produced by 2 different studios.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Which kind of betrays the point of the rotating roster of the Suicide Squad. There's not supposed to be a "consistent" line-up, yet DC keeps missing the point just to have an attempt at synergy.
    I see your point but Harley is incredibly popular while Deadshot and Waller have been part of every single incarnation of this team across every medium. Deadshot in particular embodies the entire concept of the Suicide Squad better than any character who has been part of the franchise.

Not a fan of the DC animated movies set in the main animated universe they decided to utilize after Flashpoint Paradox. Assault on Arkham was already a great Suicide Squad movie. Doubt this will be any better than the other New 52ish movies.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There are certain characters you just kind of expect to show up in adaptions of the Squad.

Waller is obvious, but Deadshot is another one, as is Captain Boomerang. Now they're trying to make Harley one of those too.

They always seem to find an excuse to leave out Flag though.
    Flagg Jr. was always meant to be a temporary and tragic character who is steadfast to his morals in a grey world and falls. Kind of like the Ned Stark of Suicide Squad. So not surprised many adaptations just skip him.

Honestly, that's going to make this film look more dated then it actually is .
    Even weirder as the first film had a plus sized Waller. This Waller... doesn't even resemble Viola Davis if that's what they were going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    They're produced by 2 different studios.
    I know but I assumed DC would have released the trailer for the film that comes out first. When is Batman Ninja coming out btw?
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 01-13-2018 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Flagg Jr. was always meant to be a temporary and tragic character who is steadfast to his morals in a grey world and falls. Kind of like the Ned Stark of Suicide Squad. So not surprised many adaptations just skip him.
    I think it's more that they just want to focus on the villains, and Deadshot in the lead, so they don't want to put the straight-laced, moral, military guy in there.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Trailer

BANNED

Looks mediocre and underbudgeted.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Trailer
    Looks weird. I don't like Harley or Killer Frost's designs. I wish Diablo and Katana were in this

Scandal and Knockout look coo though
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Looks weird. I don't like Harley or Killer Frost's designs. I wish Diablo and Katana were in this

I just don't like Harley in the SS at all.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Trailer
    Oh hey, Vandal Savage with a scar on his face. That reminds me of his design from another cartoon. I wonder if this movie shares a designer with said cartoon ?

Scandal and Knockout look pretty cool.

Oh hey, the elevator scene from the live-action movie. How original.

Ben disliking Deadshot is totally in-character.

Why is Harley's makeup incomplete on her left eye?

I'm surprised it looks like Savage is the main villain. I thought that was going to be Reverse-Flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

I think Frost looks pretty good. Reminds me of her Arrowverse costume.

Good:
    -Nice team, hope Harley and Deadshot don’t take all the attention
    -It looks fun

Bad:
    -Some design choices, but especially skinny Waller. I don’t mind changing the color of the skin nor genre in adaptations, but changing Waller’s shape is taking out one of the most interesting aspect of her, beside being against the whole “inclusivity” comics and it’s adaptations in other media aim at
    -Vandal Savage. I like the character, but it’s kind of a one note character and seems uninspiring in the trailer

As always, I wish it will be good, but I won’t see it with high expectations and, for the time being, it doesn’t look very promising
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

looking forward to seeing all of the DC villains. Nice appearance already from Silver Banshee. I normally wouldn’t like the idea of Christian Slater voicing Deadshot but he’s so damn great on Archer as “Slater” that I really don’t mind it. The animation looks surprisingly weak. Obviously the character designs are uninspired but it also doesn’t have the usual smooth movements of the other DC animated films. Was this a rush job?

At the end of the day I’m just super happy they’re using Bronze Tiger. One of the mainstays during the Ostrander days who has been sorely missed in the modern Squad. Really hoping they include him in the next movie as the character has a ton of potential.

RF is pretty much the only reason I'm super interested in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    looking forward to seeing all of the DC villains. Nice appearance already from Silver Banshee. I normally wouldn’t like the idea of Christian Slater voicing Deadshot but he’s so damn great on Archer as “Slater” that I really don’t mind it. The animation looks surprisingly weak. Obviously the character designs are uninspired but it also doesn’t have the usual smooth movements of the other DC animated films. Was this a rush job?

At the end of the day I’m just super happy they’re using Bronze Tiger. One of the mainstays during the Ostrander days who has been sorely missed in the modern Squad. Really hoping they include him in the next movie as the character has a ton of potential.
    The animation on the Animated Feature line has been a little choppier then usual, potentially because they have to deliver 3-4 movies a year.