Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

spoilers:
    So, Zoom was the main villain afterall, called it when the voice cast was announced, no way they’d bring him back with C Thomas Howell after Flashpoint if he wasnt.
    end of spoilers

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Mainly enjoyed this film becuase of Bronze Tiger. The rest were meh. I don't care about Deadshot, Killer Frost was basically the same from the other movie, dont care about Captain Boomerang either, Harley did nothing and is still is a travesty that happened to this franchise. Copperhead was also enjoyable though.

I'm entrigued by Scandal Savage and Knockout. Loved both their designs and they were badass.

Waller was meh. Just gave orders.

Punch and Jewelee were a good tease. Loved their equipment.

The story was random. I mean the other film had a buildup to the story but this just dropped you right in and wasn't throughly explored.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 03-29-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Mainly enjoyed this film becuase of Bronze Tiger. The rest were meh. I don't care about Deadshot, Killer Frost was basically the same from the other movie, dont care about Captain Boomerang either, Harley did nothing and is still is a travesty that happened to this franchise. Copperhead was also enjoyable though.

I'm entrigued by Scandal Savage and Knockout. Loved both their designs and they were badass.

The story was random. I mean the other film had a buildup to the story but this just dropped you right in and wasn't throughly explored.
    Agree with everything you said... Bronze Tiger (and Zoom) were my highlightd

Not the worst movie but definitely not the best

Assault on arkham was much better, that actually felt like a Squad movie made by fans of the franchise. This felt like a movie made by people who were forced to do a squad movie instead of a secret six film.
    Deadshot was boring
    Waller was boring
    No setup for the Squad or its creation just Boom you are being sent on a mission get it done or die.
    Terrible body count
    Harley had nothing to do but be comic relief
    Boomer had nothing to do
    Bronze Tiger was alright but the purpose of his story arc loses its push when you realize the mission they are undertaking isn't honorable or even to save lives
    All the cameos felt excessive
    Two face,Professor Pyg, Zoom, Knockout, Scandal, Doctor Fate,Silver Banshee etc you might as well have made a different movie the only thing missing was Batman but they somehow kept from including him
    Animation was good and I guess its the most violent edgy DC animated movie yet but it still somehow felt lacking

Mighty Member

I loved it. But didn't like the fact that Knockout was nerfed. She was a Female Fury and she gets taken down by bullets. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Agree with everything you said... Bronze Tiger (and Zoom) were my highlightd
    Oh yeah I enjoyed Zoom too.

Fantastic Member

Concerning pending blu-ray here in U.K. Can anyone please tell me how long the supporting features are and their opinions. Would be appreciated.

Extraordinary Member

so in general you just hate SS it sounds
    it was good move overall, becasue it skipped alot of origins we dont need to see

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    I loved it. But didn't like the fact that Knockout was nerfed. She was a Female Fury and she gets taken down by bullets. Really?
    piercing weapons , arrows would work on her too

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    so in general you just hate SS it sounds
    it was good move overall, becasue it skipped alot of origins we dont need to see
    No, I don't hate SS. I just hate everything SS that isn't written by John Ostrander or not inspired by his run. Everthing after his run have been utter dog poop.

Solid. Flawed but solid, which IMO has been the case for every non-Bruce Timm DC Animated movie since Bad Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    This felt like a movie made by people who were forced to do a squad movie instead of a secret six film.
    Suicide Squad has increasingly become like Secret Six anyway, especially New 52 onward. Hence why the Six seemed so redundant in their last volume.

Film has me curious how Gail Simone would approach the Squad if the title were given to her.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 03-30-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I watched it today but I didn't really care for it. The story seemed SO random.
    It's based on a Secret Six plotline from Gail Simone's earlier run.

I think the central theme and MacGuffin fit the Squad and Waller's desperation well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Solid. Flawed but solid, which IMO has been the case for every non-Bruce Timm DC Animated movie since Bad Blood.

Suicide Squad has increasingly become like Secret Six anyway, especially New 52 onward. Hence why the Six seemed so redundant in their last volume.

Film has me curious how Gail Simone would approach the Squad if the title were given to her.
    Could you elaborate on what you mean please?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Could you elaborate on what you mean please?
    New 52 and Harley were major factors in tipping Squad closer towards the "crazy and wacky" dynamics of Secret Six. Deadshot's family backstory as shown in Secret Six and his earlier solo mini-series also spilled over to Squad.

The live action movie then turned the similarities up several notches, emphasizing on the commonalities and playing up the "family of morally ambiguous misfits" angle that traditionally fit Six more than Squad.

Extraordinary Member

No, I don't hate SS. I just hate everything SS that isn't written by John Ostrander or not inspired by his run. Everthing after his run have been utter dog poop.
    I guess what I mean you do not like what the SS is presently as of 2011
    That what a long ago a whole new generation has been introduced to a new suicide squad and unfortunately Harley is trapped in it to bring in audience. The Ostrander SS is gone DC is not intrested in it beyond keeping Boomer and Deadshot in the lineup at all times. I understand the wish for a straight adaptation of his run, but I doubt it will ever come.