Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default X-Men: Blue #17 preview

Cullenn (W) • R.B. Silva (A)
    Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS
    CROSS-TIME CAPERS Part 2
    • Lost in time, JEAN GREY and her team of X-MEN must survive long enough to fix what is wrong with the timestream…
    • …which isn’t easy with the teens stranded in the not-too-far future. If only there were a similar group of mutant heroes to help them out.
    • Oh, wait! There totally is! GUEST-STARRING X-MEN 2099!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Fantastic Member TheForbiddenOne's Avatar

Thats it, one pic? And why doesn't Bloodstorm get a headshot yet in the side panel? Geesh!

Fantastic Member TheForbiddenOne's Avatar

I don't even know what to think about this. I'd much prefer them to just get back to the main plot line. We wasted enough issues with Mojo Worldwide

Great to see X-men 2099 again. They didn't get much face time when they showed up in X-men 92. Hope they get to contribute more here.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Just because tyke is in this book...... Why ohh why
    They better give me good tyke moments lol

Great art.
    How did Magneto know what time periods to program into his time machine? If not him, then who?
    No Serpentina.
    Obligatory fights: Teen Angel vs Bloodhawk! Bloodstorm vs La Lunatica!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

If Polaris turns out to be in this, and someone sends me pages that treat her well, then I'll buy and read it. Otherwise I'll be skipping.

And for the record: it's fine if she's not in it. Not every issue needs to include her. I'm just stating that after Blue #8 and #9, and issues that followed, I still have Blue on a "probationary" status where I need to see how Lorna's treated before I'll buy/read it. Lorna not being in it means there's no pages to assess, so nothing to get me to read it in this situation.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Ultimate Member

Unless they come back to the present in between trips through time I could see Lorna not being in the arc at all, or at least not the current Lorna...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenOne View Post
    I don't even know what to think about this. I'd much prefer them to just get back to the main plot line. We wasted enough issues with Mojo Worldwide
    This is the main plotline, I'd say.

It was seeded in early on that Magneto had a time machine. Mojo Worldwide pulled the book away from that storyline, now we're back to it.

And answering the question of what timeline the O5 are actually from seems to be the paramount question this book needs to answer. If this is going to definitively answer that, as Bunn has promised, I'm all for it.

As for these previous pages, wow! I know some people dug the art last issue but it wasn't my cup of tea. Very happy to see Silva back - these pages look gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    No Serpentina.
    She got her head smashed in like in issue 2 or 3. Well before La Lunatica joined them(at which point Metalhead had already left the team, although they do get points for fixing him from his pretty boy image in last issues' last page to his more rounded monster look he rightfully has in this issue, nice catch editor!).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

To be fair, Metalhead could've just rejoined later, this must be set an indeterminable amount of time after the original X-Men 2099 comic concluded.

They read as mutants... except for Jimmy. Nice catch there. Ultimate Universe mutants have a different origin (genetic experimentation, not born that way), so of course their DNA is probably different.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-07-2017 at 08:07 PM.

BANNED

I see Bloodstorm, hurray!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Looks decent, although I think XMen 2099 are pretty obscure characters, not sure many readers will care about them
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY