Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I haven't been following this series. How are the previous issues?

Is this the first issue where they meet one another?

If they do end up fighting, Wonder Woman shouldn't even break a sweat trying to defeat Conan.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I haven't been following this series. How are the previous issues?

Is this the first issue where they meet one another?

If they do end up fighting, Wonder Woman shouldn't even break a sweat trying to defeat Conan.
    First of all, it is a great series which I recommend very much to check out.

Conan and Diana met towards the end of issue one.

SPOILERWARNING:

They were more or less forced to fight each other in a gladiator arena in issue two. The fight was very evenly matched, with Conan winning because Diana got distracted for a moment. Before anyone gets up all in arms over this: Wonder Woman being somewhat depowered is part of the storyline and not just some willful rewriting of the character's abilities. It actually makes quite a lot of sense given the way that Gail Simone has structured the story. There are still some major plot points to be resolved two issues from the end and I am very much looking forward to it.

I am enjoying this series more than any appearances of Wonder Woman in the mainstream DCU these days.

Diana's personality and voice, even when she has amnesia. Her interactions with Conan. The depictions of Hippolyta, Themyscira, and individual Amazons. The evocative, subtle, threatening nature of the Corvidae (great villains!).

The art is also excellent. If I could see a version of this in the mainstream DCU, I'd be a much happier Wonder Woman fan.

Thank you Gail Simone, Lopresti & Ryan, and everyone else involved! I don't generally buy comics set outside the DCU (whatever that is these days, given the constantly shifting continuity). But this one has me hooked.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/