Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Spider-Men II Ending (Major Spoilers)

Today's Spider-Men II #5 had a surprise at the end. Earth-1610 is back! The new Ultimates lineup is Peter Parker, Jessica Drew, Giant-Man, Human Torch, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, and Ironheart (yup, Bendis just introduced Ultimate Riri Williams).
    ultimaterestored.jpg

Which means the Ultimates Ewing used in Ultimates2's final two issues can't be the originals. Maker must've made clones.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-27-2017 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Fixing typo in mod-edited thread title

Damn. Ninja'd.

Isn't this too much of a spoiler to put in a thread's title?

Well, I for one hope that all of the Ultimate characters now in 616 go back.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I seriously dont get the point of this? Its becoming more and more like DC with all these clone characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Isn't this too much of a spoiler to put in a thread's title?
    Not saying what it was would've made people think it was in the wrong section, since this happened in a Spidey book.

Since my thread is obsolete, lemme bring over my questions to this one:

Few questions, though:

(1) What happened to Tony Stark from 1610?
    (2) What will happen to the other Ultimates that are helping hunt down Maker?

(3) Do they remember Ultimate End?
    (4) Will we ever get a proper 616/1610 crossover? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    I seriously dont get the point of this? Its becoming more and more like DC with all these clone characters.
    ????

The Ultimate Universe has existed for almost two decades

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Well, I for one hope that all of the Ultimate characters now in 616 go back.
    Well Miles definitely isn't anytime soon.
    Last edited by Tycon; 12-27-2017 at 08:44 AM.

Tony, probably same as what happened in 616. He got beaten in battle (could've been against a villain though - it couldn't be Carol as her Ultimate version doesn't have powers), wound up in a coma.

Ewing's Ultimates are easily explained as recreations, clones. It would explain why Hank and Janet remember being killed.

Ultimate End won't be remembered, no. Those were duplicates, not the real Earth 616 and 1610 heroes.

And no, this doesn't mean the Ultimate line will be back or that there'll be any crossovers. Especially with Bendis gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not saying what it was would've made people think it was in the wrong section, since this happened in a Spidey book.
    Could always mention in the title it's bigger than just Spidey, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    (2) What will happen to the other Ultimates that are helping hunt down Maker?
    I'm also wondering what are the Makers gonna do if/when they learn that Ultimate is back, are we gonna see an army of Makers invading Ultimate? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Today's Spider-Men II #5 had a surprise at the end. Earth-1610 is back! The new Ultimates lineup is Peter Parker, Jessica Drew, Giant-Man, Human Torch, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, and Ironheart (yup, Bendis just introduced Ultimate Riri Williams).

Which means the Ultimates Ewing used in Ultimates2's final two issues can't be the originals. Maker must've made clones.
    Okay, so is the the Spider-Man on the Ultimates team the Ultimate Peter Parker or the 616 one? Also, what does the return of Ultimate mean? Will there be new comics set there or is it just establishing that it still exists and leaving it at that?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

On one side I don't mind because Hickman already established that the Richards were restoring realities. On the other hand this brings up more questions and feels like an insult to all the 1610 refugee stories we've had so far.

Also no one remembers the Secret Wars.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Okay, so is the the Spider-Man on the Ultimates team the Ultimate Peter Parker or the 616 one? Also, what does the return of Ultimate mean? Will there be new comics set there or is it just establishing that it still exists and leaving it at that?
    It's the Ultimate Parker (lol) since he knows Kong.

BANNED

It would be nice to see something come of this, but I doubt anything will. Bendis is just leaving the door open to anyone who wants to do something with the UU, and signing off his biggest story (USM).

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It's the Ultimate Parker (lol) since he knows Kong.
    After posting the question, looking on other threads has others saying it was Ultimate Peter (and that he was talking to Ultimate Mary Jane on that holographic communicator). Really glad to see those two's happy ending from the Ultimate Miles comics didn't get overwritten (irregardless if this's the last time we see them).

Wonder if this means that Secret Wars reset some things, like did Peter still "die," become publicly know as having been Spider-Man, and them come back briefly before leaving again? Cap and Osborn were also dead last we checked in on Ultimate.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    It would be nice to see something come of this, but I doubt anything will. Bendis is just leaving the door open to anyone who wants to do something with the UU, and signing off his biggest story (USM).
    Yes, I think this was just Bendis giving a happy ending to the UU. Sure, someone could run with this but they don't have to. Rather than being a set-up to something else, I think it's just a nice nod to these characters and this universe, letting fans know that they're still out there having adventures.