Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

It may be late but it's hardly too late.
    "It seems that all he does is catches things and moves them." Jessica St. Clair

"He also blows." Paul Scheer

How Did This Get Made? #178, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Scarlet Johanson's character changes so frequently between films she may as well be a series of Skrulls occupying the body in rotation. Yet paradoxically, at her core, she is Joss Whedon's defining legacy in the MCU, a quip spouting, red-headed Buffy. Like most Marvel females though, she doesn't have much of a public following outside 'being sexy' and like as some posters already said, whatever interest the public had in her character has long passed.
    What if in her movie it starts the Secret Wars? Where she actually is a Skrull, and the original having been captured Since Civil War.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Scarlet Johanson's character changes so frequently between films she may as well be a series of Skrulls occupying the body in rotation. Yet paradoxically, at her core, she is Joss Whedon's defining legacy in the MCU, a quip spouting, red-headed Buffy. Like most Marvel females though, she doesn't have much of a public following outside 'being sexy' and like as some posters already said, whatever interest the public had in her character has long passed.
    Isn't she really defined by Whedon as the anti-Buffy? The comically serious? The only Avengers that is serious and not quippy at all 90% of the time?

Already saw the Black Widow movie. It was called Atomic Blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    Already saw the Black Widow movie. It was called Atomic Blonde.
    And Red Sparrow, starring Jennifer Lawrence, is coming out soon, March 2018.

Prima ballerina Dominika Egorova faces a bleak and uncertain future after she suffers an injury that ends her career. She soon turns to Sparrow School, a secret intelligence service that trains exceptional young people to use their minds and bodies as weapons. Egorova emerges as the most dangerous Sparrow after completing the sadistic training process. As she comes to terms with her new abilities, Dominika meets a CIA agent who tries to convince her that he is the only person she can trust.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Not excited in the slightest. We have seen so many other spy 'thrillers' male and female alike that recycle the same plots and characters. We have seen enough of Widow across all these movies. Give me another female character from Marvel.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Not excited in the slightest. We have seen so many other spy 'thrillers' male and female alike that recycle the same plots and characters. We have seen enough of Widow across all these movies. Give me another female character from Marvel.
    You sound like all those people complaining about all the superhero films lol

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    You sound like all those people complaining about all the superhero films lol
    Not really, but ok...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I feel like we've barely seen her at all.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    So she is the white Idris Elba. (THAT's RiGHT I SAID IT!!!)
    No she's the while female Samuel Jackson. Idris isn't nearly as overused playing the same hackneyed character over and over again. What's in your wallet? Besides Idris had to wear that ridiculous costume in the Thor movies. Have some sympathy.

Not really, no. They're only doing it because of Wonder Woman, making it feel thrown together to capitalize on that, and that pisses me off and makes me not want to support it.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.