Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    We'll have to see what sort of treatment they give it. If it's going to be a comedy, then no, I'll avoid it like the plague.
    Everything this guy said

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Yeah, if they use this as an excuse to bring a bunch of people together, fine.

If it's going to be Ghost in the Shell 2, meh.

You know what? I would be 100% for it if its rated R.
    Hell ya something like Assassins where the Red room puts out a bounty on her head since the events of CW means so is not protected by the US, Shield or the Avengers.

It could be used to get Tasksmaster, Songbird, and others (mainly to create the thunderbolts:P )

and if the deal is done, I would have Wade Cameo in the end credits bitching how that Blind ass Lawyer dragged his ass getting him here.

But hay, who am I to judge the writer behind Olaf's Frozen Adventure

Honestly, there isn't one of that "Initial" team of Avengers that I would be "Super Psyched" if they put a film together for.

Which isn't to say that each of them couldn't be the foundation for a solid film. Except Hawkeye. I have a hard time seeing that one working.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Scarlet Johanson's character changes so frequently between films she may as well be a series of Skrulls occupying the body in rotation. Yet paradoxically, at her core, she is Joss Whedon's defining legacy in the MCU, a quip spouting, red-headed Buffy. Like most Marvel females though, she doesn't have much of a public following outside 'being sexy' and like as some posters already said, whatever interest the public had in her character has long passed.
    I don't think that's necessarily true.

But having said that, there are/were tons of movies that are planned ( even to the point of having a script, an director, and a star) that never get made. It's best not to get too excited until a film is literally in production.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly, there isn't one of that "Initial" team of Avengers that I would be "Super Psyched" if they put a film together for.

Which isn't to say that each of them couldn't be the foundation for a solid film. Except Hawkeye. I have a hard time seeing that one working.
    Arcade kidnaps him, mockingbird, and other non powered heroes

and have a deadliest game/ battle royale type movie

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post

See, you're already heading in the opposite direction of a "Solo" Hawkeye film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post

Sort if like a gender-swapped Hunger Games then?

Nope. I've never been able to get behind ScarJo as BW when there were much better actresses for the role. Look how Ghost In The Shell turned out. I think people are having ScarJo fatigue since Hollywood keeps casting her in every damn movie.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just go watch Red Sparrow?
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnFillory View Post
    Well, news broke late last night that Marvel is in fact developing a possible Black Widow film. When I first heard about this, I expected the web to explode with excitement over the fact that the character who could be considered the main female of the MCU is finally getting a movie. Yet, to me at least, everywhere I have gone to, people don't seem to be that excited. Is it me? Is anybody excited that there will finally be a movie focusing on the Black Widow? And if not, why?

I myself am ambivalent. I would watch the movie, but I wasn't craving for one, either. I will be fine if it doesn't come to be.
    About fragging time. Scarlett Johansson is an A-list actress with a number of movies that did well. I don't understand why this took so long. I get that the Black Widow isn't Wonder Woman but she's more than popular enough to warrant it and the character is a bigger name in comics than some of the characters that have gotten movies until the movies themselves made them big name characters.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Sort if like a gender-swapped Hunger Games then?
    no hunger Games is a gender swap of The Running Man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Nope. I've never been able to get behind ScarJo as BW when there were much better actresses for the role. Look how Ghost In The Shell turned out. I think people are having ScarJo fatigue since Hollywood keeps casting her in every damn movie.
    So she is the white Idris Elba. (THAT's RiGHT I SAID IT!!!)

BANNED

Not excited and don't care too much either way. I'd likely see it if they did follow through with it unless it looked awful, but I disagree with the general consensus that there was ever a "good" time for a Black Widow solo film prior. I've said it before: for all the people demanding one, there'd have been 3 complaining (rightly, btw), and probably one actually outright protesting, that guys get Asgardian princes who happen to be gods of thunder, genius billionaire playboys in super suits, legendary super soldiers, immortal bad asses like Wolverine, men of steel and dark knights, while women were getting yet another morally ambiguous ex-assassin with no super powers to speak of slinking around in a tight leather outfit. Especially after DC released Wonder Woman, the MCU's first female led feature had to be similarly empowering, which was problematic with so many of their strong, established female characters either licensed to other studios or in murky rights situations

Boisterously Confused

As others have said, it depends on the treatment. One of the things the MCU has managed to do right across all of their phases has been providing room for diverse kinds of films, from comedies like GotG, to smash'em-ups like The Avengers films, to political thrillers like CA:TWS. There's room for a dark, mean espionage film, and BW is as good as anybody else they've got to carry it.

Happy for the fans but not a character I am interested in. More interested in Batgirl and Gotham City Sirens. Just wondering if there are enough other casual movie goers to make this work?
    A movie like this depends on more than just Black Widow's rabid and vocal fan base, even if it is allegedly part of the MCU. Just wondering what they could do to set it apart from Atomic Blonde,
    as an example of another female comic book character similar to Black Widow, that sort of bombed at the box office. Doesn't seem like they could do a Black Widow movie similar to Wonder Woman.