View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coyotes #3

0 0%
  • Eternal Empire #6

1 11.11%
  • Kingsmen: The Red Diamond #5 (of 6)

0 0%
  • Paradiso #2

0 0%
  • Port of Earth #3

1 11.11%
  • Rose #7

0 0%
  • Royal City #9

0 0%
  • Sleepless #2

1 11.11%
  • Slots #4

2 22.22%
  • Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #31

2 22.22%
  • Witchblade #2

2 22.22%
  • Youngblood #8

0 0%

Default Weekly Image poll #2 - Slowly warming up to 2017

Hey guys & gals, it's week 2 of the new calendar year meaning EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT. Except of course your trusty weekly poll, in which you can vote! Woo!

Last week's poll
    will hopefully not be indicative of a very slow year, but then again comics always tend to have a lull from about halfway through December until February. Extremity #10 won though, taking the first victory of the new year!

This week gives us the penultimate issue of the current Kingsmen series, the long-gestating return of Rose, a reprinting of the first Witchblade issue to accompany the second, and a new storyline for Youngblood. Additionally, Image are handling the deluxe hardcover reprint of Cowboy Ninja Viking, a title which may evoke old arguments about pirates vs. ninjas you may have had online - such innocent times.

On weeks without new series starting I traditionally assume the power to select the shown cover below, but power isn't everything folks. I had a tough decision to make between Port of Earth #3, Sleepless #2 and the ultimate victor - the gorgeous Witchblade #2 cover!

299376.jpg

Has anyone been reading Port of Earth? That seems like something I may be interested in

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Has anyone been reading Port of Earth? That seems like something I may be interested in
    I've been getting that one. I quite like it. Alien arrival intrigue.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Amazing Member

Picking up a few of these on my pull list,
    Eternal Empire
    Port of Earth
    Rose
    and Sleepless
    Looking forward to all 4 of them. Excited to see where the new arc turns for both Eternal Empire and Rose. Port of Earth has been pretty good so far, but its still early and could go either way. I liked the first Sleepless issue and looking forward to seeing more of those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    I haven't picked up a new Image series in a long time. Was thinking about either that or God Complex.

Second time in 3 weeks I didn't have an Image title come out.

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post

Does the world expand much after the first issue? Because it just felt like a basic cop story in a world where aliens exist.

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    Second time in 3 weeks I didn't have an Image title come out.

Does the world expand much after the first issue? Because it just felt like a basic cop story in a world where aliens exist.
    Not so far. Still following the same two cops as they deal with an alien security breach. You get a little bit of a sense on how the alien arrivals have impacted the world told as a background story via TV interview with a government official. But it is mostly still local cop versus alien story so far.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Yosaltenberg-- Did you read Alex and Ada? I really enjoyed that series, and even after six issues of Eternal Empire found it not as engaging. How are you finding EE as it's progressed, especially if you can compare to A+A?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Stray Bullets almost always gets my vote, but I see that right now it doesn't 'need' mine, so I voted for Slots, which, like Grass Kings and Briggs' Land, deals with utterly non-super-hero characters in settings (here, Las Vegas-style gambling) I'm completely apart from, with characters who, whether or not I "like" them, none-the-less engage me.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Yosaltenberg-- Did you read Alex and Ada? I really enjoyed that series, and even after six issues of Eternal Empire found it not as engaging. How are you finding EE as it's progressed, especially if you can compare to A+A?
    I did read A+A in trades, and have been reading EE in the singles. Interestingly I really do find a big difference in how the stories impact me in the different formats. Plowing through 5 or 10 issues in a single sitting helps and hurts the experience at the same time. I like EE a lot though, the characters are interesting and I like the world they are set in. I think there is a lot of potential for what can start to unfold, but its TBD at this point.

Yosaltenberg, thanks. Those are very much my impressions, too, although I'm sort of 'done' with fantasy worlds these days. Thanks again.