Default Preview: Amazing Spider-Man: Venom Inc. Omega #1

This six-parter is finally ending. Preview over here: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...m-inc-omega-1/

I don't know how I feel about Venom holding a machine gun (or a giant monster finishing off the story...been there done that!). At least the art is nice.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

"Flash, I'm contractually obligated to let other characters take over my book and deal with the bigger threats while I just wander off, so now it's your turn!" .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Flash, I'm contractually obligated to let other characters take over my book and deal with the bigger threats while I just wander off, so now it's your turn!" .
    My takeaway of Flash in this story has been, "I'm a hero again YAHOOOOOOOO" and that's about it.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Tbh, after the first 2 issues, this event has been, if not bad, colossally boring IMO. And does anyone else find it stupid that Maniac can go toe to toe with all these heroes when he only wields a small portion of the Venom symbiote? Theoretically Eddie alone should be able to beat Maniac, since Eddie has the rest of the symbiote, and souls have a larger portion of its power.
    Last edited by blackspidey2099; 01-11-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Spectacular Member

Ughhhh the art.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    My takeaway of Flash in this story has been, "I'm a hero again YAHOOOOOOOO" and that's about it.
    And as the reader it's like "Flash, I know you're glad to be back in action and all after a couple months, but there are so many better ways you could have handled a lot of things this story."

Kinda cliche though that the endgame of this story has basically turned into the attack of the 50 foot whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Tbh, after the first 2 issues, this event has been, if not bad, colossally boring IMO. And does anyone else find it stupid that Maniac can go toe to toe with all these heroes when he only wields a small portion of the Venom symbiote? Theoretically Eddie alone should be able to beat Maniac, since Eddie has the rest of the symbiote, and souls have a larger portion of its power.
    Actually it isn't a portion of the symbiote that he has. Mania is a full clone of it. Plus the Venom solo stated that the Mania symbiote is actually stronger than the Venom symbiote.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 01-11-2018 at 10:44 PM.

I've actually enjoyed the series, minus Peter's annoying "what measure is a non human" attitude. Though I dunno if a 50ft Maniac is a homage or a rip off of Carnage back in Planet of the Symbiotes

Astonishing Member

Great art indeed.
    Stegman illustrations are awesome.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Actually it isn't a portion of the symbiote that he has. Mania is a full clone of it. Plus the Venom solo stated that the Mania symbiote is actually stronger than the Venom symbiote.
    Huh, I wasn't aware. Thanks for the correction.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    I've actually enjoyed the series, minus Peter's annoying "what measure is a non human" attitude. Though I dunno if a 50ft Maniac is a homage or a rip off of Carnage back in Planet of the Symbiotes
    Same here, though it is grating that even when Flash vouches for the symbiote's capacity for goodness and willingness to bond with partners that can teach it how to be good, Peter still insists, "They're all evil and ought to be destroyed." Funny thing is, that's not very different from Eddie Brock's attitude in the period between losing Anti-Venom and forcibly bonding with Toxin.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here, though it is grating that even when Flash vouches for the symbiote's capacity for goodness and willingness to bond with partners that can teach it how to be good, Peter still insists, "They're all evil and ought to be destroyed." Funny thing is, that's not very different from Eddie Brock's attitude in the period between losing Anti-Venom and forcibly bonding with Toxin.
    It doesn't help that sometimes Marvel writes that all symbiotes are evil (Like in Spider-Man & the X-Men, which has many symbiotes and they're all evil), I honestly never liked this idea, the symbiotes being influenced by evil people is a better concept, and it can have good symbiotes around like Toxin.

Also another thing I don't like is that all symbiotes are immune to the Spider-sense, Venom was immune to it because Peter had used that symbiote (Think Peter still had parts of the symbiote in him, which is why Venom was immune), Carnage and Toxin were immune because they're Venom's offsprings, but then everyone else also is? It's like Marvel forgot why Venom was immune to it to begin with...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It doesn't help that sometimes Marvel writes that all symbiotes are evil (Like in Spider-Man & the X-Men, which has many symbiotes and they're all evil), I honestly never liked this idea, the symbiotes being influenced by evil people is a better concept, and it can have good symbiotes around like Toxin.

Also another thing I don't like is that all symbiotes are immune to the Spider-sense, Venom was immune to it because Peter had used that symbiote (Think Peter still had parts of the symbiote in him, which is why Venom was immune), Carnage and Toxin were immune because they're Venom's offsprings, but then everyone else also is? It's like Marvel forgot why Venom was immune to it to begin with...
    As explained elsewhere, the Mania symbiote is actually a clone of the Venom symbiote and like most clones would possess (nearly) all the attributes of its source material, including immunity to Spider-Man's spider-sense. That said, I agree with you that it's a better idea for the symbiotes to be as capable of good and evil as any other sapient species, but influenced by (and influencing) for better or worse the hosts they bond with.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And as the reader it's like "Flash, I know you're glad to be back in action and all after a couple months, but there are so many better ways you could have handled a lot of things this story."

Kinda cliche though that the endgame of this story has basically turned into the attack of the 50 foot whatever.

Yeah, speaking of which, can he run to a cancer lab and give them a cure already? Or has it been explained why anti-venom can't cure cancer?

This was pretty bad. Lee Price didn't act anything in this story like how he did when he was Venom. He was just a generic, raving megalomaniac here. Dime-a-dozen baddie. "Giant symbiote villain" is also beyond played out (and was never a great idea to begin with).

The only good thing that came of this is the foreshadowed redemption of Black Cat. And Anti-Venom, I guess, if you're an Agent Venom fan.
    Last edited by Scarlet Spider-Man; 01-19-2018 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    This was pretty bad. Lee Price didn't act anything in this story like how he did when he was Venom. He was just a generic, raving megalomaniac here. Dime-a-dozen baddie. "Giant symbiote villain" is also beyond played out (and was never a great idea to begin with).

The only good thing that came of this is the foreshadowed redemption of Black Cat. And Anti-Venom, I guess, if you're an Agent Venom fan.
    Yeah, one of the main criticisms is that Venom Inc. was a watered-down version of the video game, Spider-Man: Web of Shadows. Oh, if we only knew!

Stillanerd Reviews: Amazing Spider-Man: Venom Inc. Omega #1 review
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton