Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Thank you for all you've done, Mr. Slott

Dan Slott,

Thank you so much for all the great stories you've spit out through Spidey over the years. I am very excited to read how you wrap things up, and just as eager to follow your future work. I'm full of suspense wondering where you'll spin your magic web next. My hats off to you. I don't think this message is quite enough to show my gratitude, that offer for falafel on me still stands!

- Jonnie

Dear Mr. Slott,

While I may complain at times it was your innovative storytelling in Superior Spider-Man that got me back into reading Spidey Comics after a long hiatus (since 2007). I greatly appreciate all you have done to refresh characters such as Peter Parker and Dr. Octopus plus to entertain us often ornery fans. And of course, you did in large part create RYV, so that's another big plus. You will be missed.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-19-2017 at 12:31 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

There is no confirmation he is leaving yet, so can we please not..I don't want him to leave yet.

BANNED

You've had a good innings, created new fans, keep some of the long-runners attached, and for a certain generation you are their Stan Lee. I may not have enjoyed every storyline or character depiction, but the ones I did enjoy from you are among a very elite list of favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    There is no confirmation he is leaving yet
    Read the March solicitations.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 12-19-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Well, if he isn't leaving, hooray! I'm game for another ten years! I'm going by the CBR article and the solicits. I have thoroughly enjoyed Dan's work on my favorite character. I got back into comics and started reading at his Ends of the Earth storyline.

While I don't like Slott's characterizations of some characters, I do like that he writes planning for the long term and he does have interesting ideas for stories, so I'm gonna miss those if he truly is leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    You've had a good innings, created new fans, keep some of the long-runners attached, and for a certain generation you are their Stan Lee. I may not have enjoyed every storyline or character depiction, but the ones I did enjoy from you are among a very elite list of favorites.

Read the March solicitations.
    Well, if he is, I'm sorry to see him go. We all complain about many aspects of his run, but I will miss him being the main ASM writer and I knew this was his dream job and anything he will do after this is clearly something that he won't hold in as high regard for the current book he is writing.

Is Dan Slott really retiring from ASM? I've seen this rumor get posted before and then turn out not to be true?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Is Dan Slott really retiring from ASM? I've seen this rumor get posted before and then turn out not to be true?
    The solicit for ASM #797 certainly makes it sound like Slott is leaving.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #797
    DAN SLOTT (W) • STUART IMMONEN (A)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY TBA (1 of 5)
    DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    MIGHTY THOR VARIANT COVER BY CLAYTON CRAIN
    REMASTERED VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    B&W REMASTERED VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    GO DOWN SWINGING Part 1
    The Green Goblin is back — and scarier than ever! Dan Slott has saved his most harrowing Spider-Man story for last as he and Stuart Immonen kick off the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN story ten years in the making. Osborn got his crazy back and has a plan that’ll make all his past plans look like child’s play. Peter Parker and the people he loves (ALL of them) are in deep trouble. And who or what is the RED GOBLIN?! The only way Spider-Man survives is to GO DOWN SWINGING!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Mighty Member

I have not read all of Slott's run. But, if it is ending, I suppose catching up will be easier. (Joking aside, it has been a good run. And, like another member in this thread, Slott got me back in to Spider-Man.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Dan is liking tweets about his run ending on Twitter, so maybe it really is the end.

BANNED

Marvel Teases Dan Slott’s Final Amazing Spider-Man Story

https://www.cbr.com/dan-slott-leavin...ng-spider-man/

If Slott were to leave Amazing Spider-Man, what would we expect to see? My guess is that there would be announced stories that tie up loose ends/ pay off elements that have been set-up in the past, as well as a lack of announced stories that introduce new elements. The current story is a Venom crossover, with Spider-Man's first real encounter with Flash Thompson after he became a superhero. After that, we've got the return of the Zodiac, resolving the time-door loose end. After that, a final confrontation with the Green Goblin. Nothing else has been announced so far. So it certainly seems possible for Slott to be tying up his run.

If so, as far as I'm concerned, he's established a position as one of the best Spider-Man writers.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

This doesn't mean he's leaving Marvel, does it? Just saying.. leaving a title is one thing, people "do it all the time"...

My suggestion for a follow-up writer is Christopher Priest.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If Slott were to leave Amazing Spider-Man, what would we expect to see? My guess is that there would be announced stories that tie up loose ends/ pay off elements that have been set-up in the past, as well as a lack of announced stories that introduce new elements. The current story is a Venom crossover, with Spider-Man's first real encounter with Flash Thompson after he became a superhero. After that, we've got the return of the Zodiac, resolving the time-door loose end. After that, a final confrontation with the Green Goblin. Nothing else has been announced so far. So it certainly seems possible for Slott to be tying up his run.

If so, as far as I'm concerned, he's established a position as one of the best Spider-Man writers.
    The annual will also be wrapping up the Betty Brant story from Clone Conspiracy.