Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Are you excited for the possible Black Widow film? If not, why?

As of yesterday, we may finally be getting a Black Widow movie. After hearing the news, I went everywhere online to see just how hyped everyone was about it. I mean, she is technically the main female of the MCU. However, it seems to me that the reaction so far has been kind of lukewarm. Is it just me? Is anyone actually excited for this film? And if not, why? As for me, I'll watch the movie, even though I wasn't one of those screaming for her get one.

Looking forward to it, if it is a fun movie. It doesn't have to be a super-huge budget. They can make it a spy story and streamline the budget.

No, I'm not into spy films. Scarlett is a good actress, but she is very literally the sole reason this movie is being made. No one (important) actually cares enough about the character themselves to make this movie.

Incredible Member

I'm a fan of the character but not of Johansson. I think the reason Marvel was hesitant at first to make a solo movie with her is because most movies where she is the star fails to put asses in seats. I know some people love her as the Black Widow but her performance as the character just falls flat for me. Sorry.

As a fan of comics Black Widow, I'm exicted but not that much because I don't really love MCU characters at least my two fav (in the comics) who are Hawkeye (the MCU Hawkeye is really bad) and Black Widow who is better but not great.

I want to hope it will be a good film and I hope it'll be a spy film without super power, super tech and those thing we got since the beginning of the MCU, just a spy movie with human (like Widow or Hawkeye, those kind of character).

But I'll see how it goes.

BANNED

It's like a James Bond movie, except with even more superhero elements than usual, and a more likeable main character. What's not to like?

Also, it's about damn time too.

No.
    Hate the character, hate the actress, hate the spy genre,...
    You couldn't drag me to see that movie.
    #EmmaWasRight

I'm interested to see what they do with it and hope they don't put Taika Waititi in the director's chair.

I also hope Bucky's in it.

I would like to hear more about the movie before I decide whether or not I'm excited about it.

But I think she's a good character to make a movie out of, and in a general sense it's nice to see other characters getting some spotlight.

I hope that there are superhumans in it. I'm talking about Unicorn, Ursa Major, Darkstar, etc. but I assume it will be a formulaic black widow vs black widow picture. maybe they could swipe Bucky's story; where he winds up in the Russian prison and has to fight his way out.

Excited is probably too strong a word... but I'm definitely interested in seeing it.

Would be cool if it tied a little more into the Agents of SHIELD universe, but that ship probably has sailed.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Extremely excited, though probably less so than if it had been announced when I was more interested in the MCU and superhero movies in general.

If it really does go through, I'm anxious over how they'll interpret the character. I think you can easily make something really formulaic and boring if you exclusively focus on some of the surface-level tropes. Like, I expect them to examine the atonement angle, since that's what her MCU character is built on, and deal with the trauma from being raised in the Red Room since the MCU is using that origin, but if they only focus on that stuff, it'll be boring.

I do hope they use Yelena. It would suck for them to stop using the evil mirror-version of a character by the time they get to BW, since I think Yelena is an interesting twist on that trope.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    maybe they could swipe Bucky's story; where he winds up in the Russian prison and has to fight his way out.
    One of the villains in that story was from a BW-centric arc in The Champions, so it wouldn't be such a bad idea :P
    Last edited by responsarbre; 01-11-2018 at 03:56 PM.

I used to want one, and after Cap 2 would have been the prime time for it (dealing with the fall of SHIELD, her dumping all her info out there, all the past enemies that could have come back to haunt her), but now I don't trust Marvel with her character anymore. I hated how she was portrayed in AoU and am afraid if they make a movie for her now they'll shove Bruce or Bucky into it, neither of which I want anywhere near her. I'm just too worried they're going to mess her up more than Whedon already did.

If they DO make one I hope they keep it grounded, just fun gadgets and super spy stuff, but no enhanced people. So a supporting cast of Clint, Fury, Maria and Sharon would be great.

I think it's about time. I have a tremendous amount of affection for the character and would love to see her get a chance to shine in her own film.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I'm excited. I wish it had come sooner