Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I've seen people discussing whether it should be R-rated or not. Personally, I hope not. Young girls watch these films too, and for the longest time she was the only female hero they had. I feel like it would be unfair to finally give Natasha a movie, but bar the younger people from seeing it. It could also limit the box office haul by doing so and give people more reason to hate on female heroes. Obviously Wonder Woman has stomped on the idea that those films don't sell, but I don't want people claiming she was the exception.

Also I think a lot of what they could do with this film comes down to where they leave Natasha after Avengers 4.
    This my main concern.

Disney isn't going to take an Avenger, who's been around in the films longer than almost anyone, and spin her into an R-rated movie. But that's likely the rating where Nat would really shine and stand out as a character. I'd rather she never see a solo film than see one that can only do it half-assed.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

What is it with these R-ratings obsession?

The US is so permissive with violence that as long as you don't literally have buckets full of the red stuff all over the place, you basically have to have nudity or F-bombs in your movie to earn an R.
    And none of these three seem particularly suited to Black Widow. James Bond doesn't get Rs.

I have been waiting for this film ever since I first saw Iron Man 2. I feel in love with Natasha then, and this was years before I ever read a Marvel book. She has been deserving of a solo for years now, and I realy hope it all works out. Nat is such a great character.

I wonder if said film could be R-rated? Not normally a fan of R-rated superhero films, but it would fits Black Widow...

BANNED

How does it fit Black Widow? Was there a popular Black Widow MAX series that I missed?

(Okay, there was one, but it was about Yelena Belova and her forays into BDSM, hardly standard Widow fare)

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I cant speak for anyone else, but for me its less about nudity, violence, or language, and more about subject material.

If you want to explore the idea of the Red Room for example, and you want to do it right, the way such a thing would probably look in the real world.....that's some seriously screwed up stuff. The idea of the graduates being sterilized, which is pretty horrific, should be nothing more than the barest tip of the iceberg.

Little girls having their humanity ripped out of them and turned into living weapons and spies is something that deserves an R-rating.

We dont have many R-rated superhero films to use as a guideline. But if you look at Logan, its not the violence that justifies the rating (though it was a little more brutal than usual) it was the way they approached the story and the topics they explored. I'd expect the same kind of maturity from a properly done Widow film.

As I said earlier, Im not a big Widow fan so I dont really have any skin in the game here and I dont know the character *that* well. And you could probably do it with a PG-13 rating if you were careful and really good at threading the needle. But I never thought of Nat as a superhero, she's a spy living in a superhero world.

You dont have a ton of red in your ledger because you fought evil robots, yknow?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I mean yeah, I'll watch any Marvel film.

Added bonus if Hawkeye's in it.

How does it fit Black Widow? Was there a popular Black Widow MAX series that I missed?

(Okay, there was one, but it was about Yelena Belova and her forays into BDSM, hardly standard Widow fare)
    I think it would fit more so they could get into the really gritty details of things like the Red Rom and what she did pre-SHIELD and the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post

Same here (throw in Bucky too) .

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post

My dream team always.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

She needed to be born in the 1930's to not miss the height of the cold war.

It would also work much better with just a silent smirk instead of a the jokey remark.
    The height of the Cold War is generally given to be around 1962, so anything post 1950 would have been fine.

And it's a Marvel film, so a quip would have been the way they'd have gone.

But they didnt, so I stopped caring about a generic spy film with a female lead.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Mighty Member

Default Black Widow Movie : Yea or Nay?

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnFillory View Post
    As of yesterday, we may finally be getting a Black Widow movie. After hearing the news, I went everywhere online to see just how hyped everyone was about it. I mean, she is technically the main female of the MCU. However, it seems to me that the reaction so far has been kind of lukewarm. Is it just me? Is anyone actually excited for this film? And if not, why? As for me, I'll watch the movie, even though I wasn't one of those screaming for her get? one.

I thought I left a comment here yesterday but I see it not. I feel despite the character being in Iron Man and Avengers it and SJ's performance didn't stand out to fans or the general audience. Basically the character was shoehorned in to Avengers because I can only guess the Pym's in any version were held hostage for the ridiculously long time it took Ant Man to launch. Because this character was a Soviet Era assassin first and foremost and not a true spy any reference to her villainess role would have to be explained to the general audience. Fans already know the history. As a film it would have to stand up against the film and TV versions of 3 Nikita's, the Amerikans, Fringe, and Homeland at the very least. Add Superheroes into the mix and all I can say is lots of Luck.Not impossible to do well but not easy.
    Last edited by alton; 01-14-2018 at 05:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    The height of the Cold War is generally given to be around 1962, so anything post 1950 would have been fine.
    She'd be 12 in 1962 then.

Incredible Member

Tasha in Russia, on a mission that involves the red guardian, Soviet super soldier project, and the crimson dynamo.....

Invincible Member

The US is so permissive with violence that as long as you don't literally have buckets full of the red stuff all over the place, you basically have to have nudity or F-bombs in your movie to earn an R.
    And none of these three seem particularly suited to Black Widow. James Bond doesn't get Rs.
    Deadpool was successful and the Netflix Marvel shows have been successful so now some fans think that an R-rating is the way to go for all their favorite silver age/bronze age superhero characters.

Astonishing Member

As a fan of Avengers comic books and MCU movies in general,a possible Black Widow movie would be a must watch movie to me.