Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Not excited. I’ve found BW to be mostly boring in the movies and never liked SJ as Natasha.

Would've preferred a Netflix series of a younger BW sans ScarJo, but I'm happy for all the fans who wanted this. Hoping it doesn't follow a formulaic villain with same power set story though. Also hoping we'll get some Winter Soldier too.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Ultimate Member

Yes, absolutely. She's been my favorite MCU Avenger and I've been waiting for this for years.

Part of me would like to see this as the MCU's first R-rated film (since Bob Iger says that he's open to that idea). Not that I expect that to happen, but it'd be kind of cool. Basically a MAX story as a film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Maybe. I do like James Bond type of flicks -- more in the Roger Moore vein -- lots of action -- not just espionage. I loved Natasha's scenes in Iron Man 2. I want to see more of that -- and see her using widow's bite blasters -- finally!
    The espionage level of most Bond movies not titled "From Russia With Love" hovers around zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'll check it out.

Actually I had been hoping that they'd do a Black Widow/Hawkeye/Nick Fury team-up movie.
    This is the movie I've wanted since 2012. I was pretty disappointed when they made a SHIELD tv series instead because I really wanted this movie. Clint and Natasha are my favourites but have been shafted, and Fury has kinda vanished; I would love to see this dynamic on screen.

Incredible Member

The movie will probably be about Yelena Belova and the Red Room. They could get Red Guardian involved in some form. I would like Alexander Lukin involved but he's more associated with Captain America. I know people just want Natasha and Nick Fury and Sharon Carter but I need some more meat. Toss Hawkeye or Bucky in there.

Niffleheim

Give me something close to the pace and energy of the Bourne trilogy and i'm all in.

If it’s about her past, I really hope they give her a Russian accent and include Bucky.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    If it’s about her past, I really hope they give her a Russian accent and include Bucky.
    A Russian spy with an obvious Russian accent? Isn't she supposed to be a good spy?

Extraordinary Member

I am more of a lore guy, Russian/KGB/Leviathan stuff isn't stuff I am particularly interested in.(The reason I am way more interested in Captain Marvel is that I love Hala/Kree/Skrull lore.)
    But I will totally watch a BW movie if it add interesting stuff to the whole MCU lore.
    Also it may help more female characters getting their own movies if it does well critically and financially.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-13-2018 at 05:24 AM.

I've seen people discussing whether it should be R-rated or not. Personally, I hope not. Young girls watch these films too, and for the longest time she was the only female hero they had. I feel like it would be unfair to finally give Natasha a movie, but bar the younger people from seeing it. It could also limit the box office haul by doing so and give people more reason to hate on female heroes. Obviously Wonder Woman has stomped on the idea that those films don't sell, but I don't want people claiming she was the exception.

Also I think a lot of what they could do with this film comes down to where they leave Natasha after Avengers 4.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am going to have to see a trailer before I make up my mind. I have never really been interested enough in the Black Widow to see her as a solo character and have always thought she works better on a team or teamed up with someone than solo.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

When they revealed her DoB in Winter Soldier, the character lost any and all interest for me as a solo star.

She needed to be in the Red Room at the height of the Cold War, not post the collapse of Communism.

Plus that hook writes itself - Arnim gives her DoB as the 50s, Cap looks at her, she makes some jokey remark about looking good for her age or having secrets.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am going to have to see a trailer before I make up my mind. I have never really been interested enough in the Black Widow to see her as a solo character and have always thought she works better on a team or teamed up with someone than solo.
    I love Natasha, but I get that. Hawkeye is my favourite character, but I never really wanted him to have a solo movie. My dream movie has always been a Black Widow/Hawkeye team-up film, or a solo film for her like Cap 2 where it's her film, but Clint has the same size role she did in that one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Plus that hook writes itself - Arnim gives her DoB as the 50s, Cap looks at her, she makes some jokey remark about looking good for her age or having secrets.
    She needed to be born in the 1930's to not miss the height of the cold war.

It would also work much better with just a silent smirk instead of a the jokey remark.