Amazing Member

Default Justice League of America #22 - Spoilers

There was nowhere else to discuss this issue, so here is a place to let loose with the spoilers!

Opening a comic book with the Queen of Fables on the cover was a great way to start a Wednesday. I've missed Tsaritsa, she's such a ham.

One question, has the Immateria appeared in DC before now? If not, it seems like Steve Orlando just opened the door to the Promethea comics.

Quote Originally Posted by azurescarf View Post
    There was nowhere else to discuss this issue, so here is a place to let loose with the spoilers!

Opening a comic book with the Queen of Fables on the cover was a great way to start a Wednesday. I've missed Tsaritsa, she's such a ham.

One question, has the Immateria appeared in DC before now? If not, it seems like Steve Orlando just opened the door to the Promethea comics.
    This is the place to discuss the comic and it's recent issues

http://community.comicbookresources....e+league+vixen
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    This is the place to discuss the comic and it's recent issues

http://community.comicbookresources....e+league+vixen
    It's not a problem to have a separate thread at all.

I didn't really like this issue much. Caitlin came across as so... weak and whiny. I dunno. Hopefully it'll finish off on a higher note.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

Like the issue fine. I thought Cait's turnaround was quick too but it's clear she's under a supernatural influence. And she's exhibiting the same kind of bipolar storytelling she gets in the Flash TV show too, so it's nothing new. She's not Crystal or Louise, who are you know ... evil and untrustworthy. She's wishy-washy, it's part of her character's makeup, in a very soap opera young adult drama kind of way.

I'm interested to see where this goes. I actually never read the original Queen of Fables arc and don't think I've read any of her subsequent short arcs either. Her sort of "imaginationland" aspects are new to me, though I get the context and references fine.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    It's not a problem to have a separate thread at all.

I didn't really like this issue much. Caitlin came across as so... weak and whiny. I dunno. Hopefully it'll finish off on a higher note.
    Probably not, but the whole point of the thread was so we didn't have seperate threads and will always have a place to go to if people just looked for it.

So while there is nothing wrong with another thread, this thread could be merged with one I linked making it a part of the discussion thread anyway.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Probably not, but the whole point of the thread was so we didn't have seperate threads and will always have a place to go to if people just looked for it.

So while there is nothing wrong with another thread, this thread could be merged with one I linked making it a part of the discussion thread anyway.
    Oh, I apologize if this is not the usual way that threads are handled here. I thought maybe my question might be too much of a spoiler for the main thread.

As for Caitlin, I love Black Canary but maybe she is being a little too harsh. From their earlier dealings with the Might and the King Butcher it seemed that none of the wish receivers made active wishes. They were shown different scenarios and their dream selves made a passive choice. They weren't completely aware of their actions.

Now, Caitlin wants to take full responsibility for all of her actions, since she feels guilty for making not one, but two mistakes, feeding and lying about feeding. Plus what's done, is done and if she's being honest Frost thinks she avoided a doomsday scenario. All of this is happening while Canary yells at her, and Atom professes his love for her toxic nature. It's a lot to handle.

And hey, it would be great if Batman shared the purpose of the group with more than two members.

I already responded in the general jla thread- i forgot this thread was here, four pages in.S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R.
    According to bleeding cool, the queen of fables storyline will be extended through #24, and apoarently pronethea, who i’m not familiar with, will be in it.
    Last edited by protege; 01-18-2018 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by azurescarf View Post

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    Speaking of promethea, according to bleeding cool, the queen of fables arc is going to be extended to #24, and apparently, promethea, who i’m not familiar with, is going to be a part of it.