Default Deadpool #292 *spoilers*

With 8 issues until 300 and the rumor that Duggan might be departing, it really raises the question of how we're going to wrap up some of these dangling threads in time. Deadpool managed 1 name on Stryfe's hit list, but that took time shenanigans, trickeration, and an entire arc. How's he going to manage 3 more in the span of eight issues, and find the time to work in Evil Cap, Not so Evil Cap, Madcap (unrelated to the previous two), and Rogue?

Well...

spoilers:
    Number 2 on the list doesn't take nearly as long. Stryfe names Irene Merryweather as the next to go, what starts as comedy with Deadpool cosplaying as Stryfe turns deadly serious when Deadpool stabs her in the chest with no hesitation. He feels guilt, but it doesn't really matter.

Two down Stryfe names Evan (Genesis) number 3. Unlike Irene and Cable, Deadpool flatly refuses to kill Evan, but he's stuck between saving Ellie or him.

Punting that decision down the road, Wade acts on the information he was given last issue by Bob. The exact location of where they're holding Evil Steve Rogers.

Pool breaks in easy enough, losing only a gun toting monkey in the process (seriously). Wade wakes Stevil with an inland Taipai and the two have a talk. Stevil's not scared of threats and ignores the snake. Deadpool ignores Stevil's threats about what the world will do to mutants including Ellie. The only thing they agree on is **** Maria Hill (I can agree to that too). Steve finally points out that Wade isn't going to kill him, Wade agrees and lets Stevil know he's going to spend the rest of his life taking from him. He won't tell him when, or where, or what, but it will keep happening for the rest of his life. Tonight was his sleep...and his toilet because Wade's petty like that.

Fucking with Stevil puts Wade in a good mood and he has an idea how to handle Evan. Wade's spotted leaving the prison and a call goes out to bring him in. A call a certain Sassy Southern Brawler hears, and decides she can no longer ignore Wade's actions.

end of spoilers

This issue was mood whiplash all the way through, in the best of ways. It's pretty scary figuring out where Wade's lines even are and how he can turn comedy into jarring murder in a heartbeat. I'm a Pool fan, but I'm kinda hoping spoilers:
    Rogue
    end of spoilers puts a nice whooping on him next issue.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Given the art posted on Duggan's twitter, she gives him a good clock to the face at least.it may or may not stop there. lol

Though I still hate to wait, I am glad the next chapter is the end of this month, rather than waiting until Feb.

Duggan is officially off DP after chapter 300. He's mentioned it on his twitter that things are ending for him with DP.

This run needs an omnibus to go along with the Duggan/Posehn run. Seems like Duggan is going out tearing Deadpool down instead of leaving him as a hero. Broken is probably the best place for someone else to pick up.

Wade I like the necessary, I like his version of the movie more, and I'm not a fan of his solos, and I hate the possible match with Rogue, I'm sorry they are not compatible with anyone else that Duggan so that relationship will never be given, but if I pick up Rogue's appearances, so I'm on board in this issue.

So why exactly does Wade hate Cap much less hate him even more than he does Captain Hydra? Steve literally did nothing to him while Captain Hydra used him as a tool and thus destroyed his life.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So why exactly does Wade hate Cap much less hate him even more than he does Captain Hydra? Steve literally did nothing to him while Captain Hydra used him as a tool and thus destroyed his life.
    This is the same Wade who hated Doc Samson because the guy died before helping him...

Maybe he hates Cap because Cap hasn't tried to help him since the Hydra deal. He's been ostracized and Cap hasn't spoken on his behalf. Or maybe he blames Cap for making him an Avenger in the first place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    This is the same Wade who hated Doc Samson because the guy died before helping him...

Maybe he hates Cap because Cap hasn't tried to help him since the Hydra deal. He's been ostracized and Cap hasn't spoken on his behalf. Or maybe he blames Cap for making him an Avenger in the first place.
    maybe he hates steve cap cuz he isn't sure he is or isn't the real cap anymore lol. it could be one final trick pulled by kobik.lol.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

Probably the second one.

Cap gave Wade a taste of the good life, membership in the hero community that Deadpool's wanted legitimacy in since Deadpool's series started, how long ago? And that Wade's lost it, he has to blame someone other than himself (though he'll do that too). If Cap never helped him in, Wade never would have been kicked out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    To me it's because he trusted him and it was that sense of security that he hates.

btw Stevil Rogers looked damn sexy...with those arms and those eyes. I liked the Taipan on his chest it was a nice nod to the Hydra shield.