Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

Default A New Future: How will Mutants join the MCU?

With the sale of the FOX films to Disney up in the hands of regulators before the merger, and with a full slate of Xmen films/Marvel films already coming up in theaters, what is the most likely way we're going to see the Xmen in the MCU. Without getting into behind the scenes legalistic jargon what are some avenues that will explain/integrate the Mutants into the Marvel universe? What are some plot threads in Infinity war or an upcoming film that allows for a transition for the mutants that's a least slightly plausible? What do you feel their impact will be across the spectrum of the ABC shows, movies, Netflix series and more importantly- how will Disney address their absence as they fit into the larger scheme of the films?

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

I've been thinking that mutants will come into play as a side effect of Thanos' actions with the Infinity Stones and/or Gauntlet and they will be hated and feared because of their connection to Thanos.

Thanos is a alternate Cable who is evil and stuff , then Deadpool 2 and yadadadyayaya

I mean the same actor play them

Why do they need some explanation or convoluted plot to introduce them. Just have them as being there when they are ready to debut hem

They are a fairly new phenomenon...period. They are not widely known about but do exist in small numbers like a hundred. There have been rumors but no confirmation. A new mutants powers manifested and killed a small amount of people but it was covered up and the mutant was killed. Due to this event and reaction they are reluctant to expose themselves to the public...it’s a big world and it would be easy to keep under raps at first. In the beginning there wasn’t a lot of mutants around, this should be no different, people act like there was always millions of mutants around...remember that came later.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

They are highly likely going to soft reboot the MCU similar to DOFP considering the information on Avengers 3 and 4. So the X-Men just came in at a very convenient time.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

The only wrinkle to just saying they are a new phenomena is the rise of the Inhuman line in the MCU (well more accurately the TV line). I have 2 ideas:

1) explanation would be that part of the battle against Thanos takes place in various parts of the time stream. Once particular part of the battle happens in the recent past (20-40 years ago) and the battle releases a pulse around the globe. This pulse (a combination of the Soul gem and Power Gem) leads to the creation of the X-gene.

2) A major tear in the barriers between dimensions from the war results in a merger of the two worlds leaving a new blended MCU in place. This provides an opportunity to either revive Pietro via QS from the X-Men universe or merging him with AT-J's version and him waking up alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    The only wrinkle to just saying they are a new phenomena is the rise of the Inhuman line in the MCU (well more accurately the TV line). I have 2 ideas:

1) explanation would be that part of the battle against Thanos takes place in various parts of the time stream. Once particular part of the battle happens in the recent past (20-40 years ago) and the battle releases a pulse around the globe. This pulse (a combination of the Soul gem and Power Gem) leads to the creation of the X-gene.

2) A major tear in the barriers between dimensions from the war results in a merger of the two worlds leaving a new blended MCU in place. This provides an opportunity to either revive Pietro via QS from the X-Men universe or merging him with AT-J's version and him waking up alive.
    I like your way of thinking. I could get behind both of these.

What does Inhumans being present have to do with the birth of mutants? Second point really has nothing to do with mutants either and your first point is a little far fetched on the absurd side...don’t feel attacked just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    They are a fairly new phenomenon...period. They are not widely known about but do exist in small numbers like a hundred. There have been rumors but no confirmation. A new mutants powers manifested and killed a small amount of people but it was covered up and the mutant was killed. Due to this event and reaction they are reluctant to expose themselves to the public...it’s a big world and it would be easy to keep under raps at first. In the beginning there wasn’t a lot of mutants around, this should be no different, people act like there was always millions of mutants around...remember that came later.
    Something like that works for me. I agree, just a few random mutants spread around the world, most of them keeping a low profile, is how the franchise started. Keep it tight, and you can slowly escalate their numbers over time.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I've always thought the Infinity Gauntlet would be a great way to hand-wave them in, and accounts for alternative history that the audience then gets to learn in future movies.

I don't like the idea of two universes merging, though. I want a fresh start for the X-Men, disconnected to the Fox-Men series. If Quicksilver gets revived(which I would like), just use the MCU version. Fox's Peter is not Pietro.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Something like that works for me. I agree, just a few random mutants spread around the world, most of them keeping a low profile, is how the franchise started. Keep it tight, and you can slowly escalate their numbers over time.
    I agree. Though I don't want to lose all my great limbo characters!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I agree. Though I don't want to lose all my great limbo characters!!!!
    Limbo characters? Like who, specifically?

BANNED

https://screenrant.com/x-men-mcu-andy-park/
    Marvel Artist Says X-Men Won’t Join MCU Anytime Soon
    I was saying in 5 years but it could be more, the later the better as MCU burns out.

One of two ways I can see happening:

1) Thanos' actions in IW altering reality in a way that lead to mutants having always been in the MCU.
    2) Thanos' actions resulting in the coming of mutants.
    3) Most likely, they start at the very beginning. A small number of mutants exist but live in hiding. Either an inciting incident or kids being born at a rate that can no longer be hidden leads to the public panic and debut of a previously hidden team called the X-Men. Who will be distrusted and feared and demonised by the media, along with anyone else like them. The first MCU X-Men story being about mutants being made public knowledge and the X-Men trying to handle their first mass mutant crisis while operating within a world that largely hates them (cause the mutant related incident/intro resulted in the death of many humans), and a superhero community that distrusts them.

I don't frankly see any reason for the Inhumans to have an effect on the 'new phenomena' story. The show was a flop that was quickly buried, AoS isn't that popular and they never factored into the films. The popular Marvel TV content never featured them or gave them a sparing thought.
    The X-Men are and have always been a bigger property so it will be a 'film' thing, and the Inhumans on tv never got to the point where the global public had to react to their existence. So the story will stay fresh, aside from some angry completist nerds who'll yell in a few comments that the inhumans didn't get this much support for a similarish storyline.

Either way it'll be years before any of this happens. The current slate of X-Films need to be out of the way and the planned MCU storyline needs to be settled in time for marvel's 'second chapter'. They will factor into a shared universe, but the main avenger storyline of the one the MCU is focusing on needs to wrap up. Mutants are too big a power player to just randomly be introduced in an Avengers 4 cameo.
    Last edited by silence.; 01-16-2018 at 01:02 PM.