Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The more I look at that preview, the funnier it gets.

Quire: "IMMA PHOENIX!! GRRRRRRRR!!!"
    Jubes: "Did I leave the stove on?"

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Really wonder which original Generation X member will we see as well. Not much options. Either Penance, Emma or Mondo I. I think the latter.
    As desperately as I want it to be Penny, it'll probably be Mondo. Because the universe is cold and indifferent. In addition to being very busy, Emma was a teacher, not an actual team member. (Although having her show up would be awesome).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    As desperately as I want it to be Penny, it'll probably be Mondo. Because the universe is cold and indifferent. In addition to being very busy, Emma was a teacher, not an actual team member. (Although having her show up would be awesome).
    Was Mondo really a team member, though? That "Mondo" was a clone or whatever. Real Mondo never was a member of the team.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Was Mondo really a team member, though? That "Mondo" was a clone or whatever. Real Mondo never was a member of the team.
    I think he may have been for like 3 seconds. I honestly can't recall. But it really ought to be Penny. Especially for the big boss fight with M-Plate.

I think he may have been for like 3 seconds. I honestly can't recall. But it really ought to be Penny. Especially for the big boss fight with M-Plate.
    He never was.

You know it makes me a bit sad seeing all this effort go into helping Quintin, but characters like Hellion are left out to dry and on their own.

BANNED

You know, I always say that I don’t hate any X-men characters. That hating a fictional person is an utterly wasted and pointless emotion. And that’s true.

But holy crap do I intensely dislike Quire.
    He's the Kitty Pryde (Gold) of this book. He has WAAAAY too much panel time and is the catalyst for far too many storylines. Strain is trying to hard to get readers to like him...she's trying to change him and it's not working. So many other new characters are getting less panel time and it isn't balanced. Plus she's dragging this Monet thing on for far too long now.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Strain is trying to hard to get readers to like him...she's trying to change him and it's not working.
    If she's trying to get folks to like QQ, she's going about it the wrong way.

Plus she's dragging this Monet thing on for far too long now.
    Well she only has this issue and one more to tie that up. And hopefully it ends with a freed and angry Monet pounding Marius' face into strawberry jam.

BANNED

If she's trying to get folks to like QQ, she's going about it the wrong way.

Well she only has this issue and one more to tie that up. And hopefully it ends with a freed and angry Monet pounding Marius' face into strawberry jam.
    Agreed & I hope so. Emplate is a villain best forgotten about...he's good for an arc...not an entire run.

Agreed & I hope so. Emplate is a villain best forgotten about...he's good for an arc...not an entire run.
    To be fair, he was the 'Magneto' of Gen X; there was no more significant, new, villain(other than perhaps Adrienne, but she was contained in the last part of the series, and only because she took out Synch and destroyed the team cohesion). He is a solid villain, actually, with his power stealing and dimensional hopping abilities, but dragging Monet through the mud this long has been overwrought.

BANNED

To be fair, he was the 'Magneto' of Gen X; there was no more significant, new, villain(other than perhaps Adrienne, but she was contained in the last part of the series, and only because she took out Synch and destroyed the team cohesion). He is a solid villain, actually, with his power stealing and dimensional hopping abilities, but dragging Monet through the mud this long has been overwrought.
    He and his team of villains would have been a good counterpart to GenX...but they were only used once and he was only ever around infrequently. If he comes and goes...fine,...but being tied to M has gone on for far too long....GenX did that storyline already literally. He merged with M and the twins.

If this was an original thing...ok...but it's been done and it was also supposed to be over by now.

He and his team of villains would have been a good counterpart to GenX...but they were only used once and he was only ever around infrequently. If he comes and goes...fine,...but being tied to M has gone on for far too long....GenX did that storyline already literally. He merged with M and the twins.

If this was an original thing...ok...but it's been done and it was also supposed to be over by now.
    I know it was done already(but really, he had several stories, in #1, around #12 with his whole crew, a flashback #26, and then again in explanation of the M-twins, etc), but if you have to pick one villain from Generation X, he's who you pick. He even has history with Bling. I agree this story hasn't been great, and Bunn shouldn't have turned M into this garbage in the first place, but Emplate is a reasonable pick for a Gen X redo.

BANNED

I know it was done already(but really, he had several stories, in #1, around #12 with his whole crew, a flashback #26, and then again in explanation of the M-twins, etc), but if you have to pick one villain from Generation X, he's who you pick. He even has history with Bling. I agree this story hasn't been great, and Bunn shouldn't have turned M into this garbage in the first place, but Emplate is a reasonable pick for a Gen X redo.
    I feel like if he had possessed someone else someone nicer like Husk or Chamber there would've been a bigger push to remove him....it just feels like their attitude is "eh let the bitch suffer with her brother...I got students to deal with"

I feel like if he had possessed someone else someone nicer like Husk or Chamber there would've been a bigger push to remove him....it just feels like their attitude is "eh let the bitch suffer with her brother...I got students to deal with"
    lol

Fair enough.

Which is so jarringly out of character for the X-men, and especially for her old GenX teammates.

I'm going to miss this series.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/