Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

[
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    You beat me to it! I was going to post these scans from "Into the Void"!
    From Secret Wars #2, the 1984 series:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/5K7f35jRSv9...CqTjgV1L=s1600

Storm: "The air is thick on this world, yet easy to manipulate if one is a mutant weather-witch!..."

with all these instances of storms powers working in dimensions and planets not earth im so curious to see how guggs rationalizes her powers not working.

rut what planet were they on in the avengers scam and how long did it take for her to get attuned with the planet?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-12-2018 at 10:43 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    with all these instances of storms powers working in dimensions and planets not earth im so curious to see how guggs rationalizes her powers not working.
    Unless its an instance where Storm just needs time to adjust to this other world or there is some kind of artificial mutant power dampening field on that planet, whatever he comes up with isn't going to make sense.

BANNED

[

]

rut what planet were they on in the avengers scam and how long did it take for her to get attuned with the planet?
    I don't know which planet they were on in the Avengers scan I posted. I don't have the whole series. I just know that it was a foreign world.

Unless its an instance where Storm just needs time to adjust to this other world or there is some kind of artificial mutant power dampening field on that planet, whatever he comes up with isn't going to make sense.
    the thing that would make the first point stupid is that she had no issue with attuning to the planet with the first planet they were on upon their initial arrival to the negative zone. and I agree the last point about the planet nullifying powers could be an option. I really don't see this being the reason but time will tell.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I don't know which planet they were on in the Avengers scan I posted. I don't have the whole series. I just know that it was a foreign world.
    oh ok cool thnks

BANNED

the thing that would make the first point stupid is that she had no issue with attuning to the planet with the first planet they were on upon their initial arrival to the negative zone. and I agree the last point about the planet nullifying powers could be an option. I really don't see this being the reason but time will tell.
    It would have to have an artificial dampening field around the planet to work. The dampening field could not be the natural energy of that world otherwise Storm should be able to control it. I was thinking along the lines of some kind of alien tech set up on that world that has a negative affect on mutant powers dampening them. It could be tech left over from a long dead civilization that is still functional and activated. Anyway, I think its obvious we are not getting such a scenario, lol.

I know that Sauron one time employed tech that set up a willpower-sapping field around a large area in the Savage Land. When the X-Men crossed over into it, it sapped them of their willpower and they were unable to use their powers to stop him when he attacked because they lacked the will to do so. It was a good strategy. Anyway, this Sauron story was the inspiration for the scenario I came up with.
    Last edited by rutog98; 01-12-2018 at 10:57 PM.

It would have to have an artificial dampening field around the planet to work. The dampening field could not be the natural energy of that world otherwise Storm should be able to control it. I was thinking along the lines of some kind of alien tech set up on that world that has a negative affect on mutant powers dampening them. It could be tech left over from a long dead civilization that is still functional and activated. Anyway, I think its obvious we are not getting such a scenario, lol.

I know that Sauron one time employed tech that set up a willpower-sapping field around a large area in the Savage Land. When the X-Men crossed over into it, it sapped them of their willpower and they were unable to use their powers to stop him when he attacked because they lacked the will to do so. It was a good strategy. Anyway, this Sauron story was the inspiration for the scenario I came up with.
    agreed. these things seem plausible but based upon all his other stories I don't see him using any of these reasons. I couldn't tell though if the other mutants had powers from the preview so it's possible. we will see.

BANNED

[

]

For the second part of your question, she was able to control the forces of nature there immediately, IIRC. The scan I posted came from issue two of the series, but I recall her controlling the weather easily in issue 1 from the time she arrived on that world. In some stories, it may take her a few moments when she goes to another planet. In others, it may take her quite a while, and then in some, its immediate. So, there are inconsistencies in this regard from story to story. I don't make a big deal about it as long as she is able to eventually gain mastery over the forces of nature in whatever environment she's in.

For the second part of your question, she was able to control the forces of nature there immediately, IIRC. The scan I posted came from issue two of the series, but I recall her controlling the weather easily in issue 1 from the time she arrived on that world. In some stories, it may take her a few moments when she goes to another planet. In others, it may take her quite a while, and then in some, its immediate. So, there are inconsistencies in this regard from story to story. I don't make a big deal about it as long as she is able to eventually gain mastery over the forces of nature in whatever environment she's in.
    thank you rut.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Because canonically, she shouldn't be able to. She's connected to Earth's atmosphere and Earth's weather system. Canonically, when taken off of Earth, Storm is powerless. That's per Claremont. She may have been able to control a solar storm once, but that was a fluke at best.

Complain about Guggenheim all you want but he did his research here.

Also, I highkey wanted a "Storm alone" issue. Sigh.
    I saw this and thought..."Let me get my popcorn cause someone just fuk up."
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    So I would then assume that if AoA nightcrawler did to her what he did to Iceman, she would've been practically powerless?
    What did he do to iceman? Also who do you mean by her? Rachel or Storm, or Armor?

So did some looking up on if you get impaled and Ink should not have pulled him out. Kurt was better off with that piece of rock in there because yanking him out like that would damaged him farther. More blood loss, even if he didn't die from it. It would have been safer to teleport off when Eric got there, since it's only a foot or so, and either Eric used his tattoos to plug the hole up, or Kurt stick his tail in there.

Also, while he is immortal he can't heal like Logan, so this making Kurt into a pin-cushion is really werid and starting to get disturbing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Loving the long Storm speech. Even the rest of the xmen are thinking like "there she goes again with her speeches" lol

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Doesn’t bother me really. Storm also couldn't control the weather in Hell. She’s not an Omega elemental like Meggan or Iceman.
    Only because Aaron felt like making her use an axe for that story arc. Her powers worked just fine in the Afterworld in other stories.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Eh, ink is an awesome character. I'm glad hes getting used because he continues the whole regular human aspect of the X-Men that has long been gone for awhile. The phoenix tattoo was garbage, but his abilities are awesome and maybe some other things will happen with that tattoo artist.
    But there's nothing that expands on the whole 'human aspect'. With humans like Prodigy and Dr Rao and Stevie Hunter, Eric just looks like a lazy copout for a guy with endless powers. What was nice about his character? What makes him so exclusively interesting that any other human could be if they got the same tattoos from the mutant guy?

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    But there's nothing that expands on the whole 'human aspect'. With humans like Prodigy and Dr Rao and Stevie Hunter, Eric just looks like a lazy copout for a guy with endless powers. What was nice about his character? What makes him so exclusively interesting that any other human could be if they got the same tattoos from the mutant guy?
    I agree. Presumably every person that goes to that tattoo artist will get powers too.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!