Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I would love to see him bring the first John Henry character into regular DC continuity. That was one of the most power parts of New Frontier. Yes, the 1960s was a time of space exploration but it was also a time of the Civil Rights movement and some of the darkest moments in recent American history.

I was thinking of Amazing Man. It is time to bring him back too.

"Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Fantastic Member

Really hope Blue Beetle and Vibe are included.

This story would be a good opportunity to promote lesser known or new character. I’m really interested in one of the Immortal Men called Ghostfist. He was the hero of Harlem in the 1920s. I love the noir Shadow-like characters.

Where did you learn this?

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Where did you learn this?
    It was in the preview sketches of the New Age of a heroes characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I was thinking of Amazing Man. It is time to bring him back too.

Amazing Man! Another totally underused character.

I would also love to see Gangbuster get brought back and mentioned in this series. Always loved the character. A character who seemed to be inspired by the teacher Jaime Escalante.
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-12-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Yeah, this could be awesome. Interesting though, how they say it will debut in Winter 2018, and we already know the releases through March. Wonder how that will work.
    See: towards end of calendar year 2018 (like maybe December).

Unless for some reason DC is defining seasons by the Southern half of the hemisphere, where I believe it's currently "summer".
    I reread the article and I'm not seeing it for whatever reason. Where did it say end of calendar year? Seem weird they'd be announcing it now if it was.
    Well, since you put out the "Winter 2018" date (I've also seen it reported elsewhere), think about it: what months make up WINTER here in the Northern hemisphere (where DC is based)?

I'm kind of surprised Black Lightning isn't in this either, especially with the TV show coming up.

Really hope Blue Beetle and Vibe are included.

This story would be a good opportunity to promote lesser known or new character. I’m really interested in one of the Immortal Men called Ghostfist. He was the hero of Harlem in the 1920s. I love the noir Shadow-like characters.

It seems Vixen is shoein to cover the Detroit era and Katana will cover the Outsiders team. So that likely lessens Vibe and Black Lightning's chances. Blue Beetle though might still have a chance since none of the announced characters cover the Teen Titans, though maybe they'll use Supergirl for that?
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Mighty Member

Well, since you put out the "Winter 2018" date (I've also seen it reported elsewhere), think about it: what months make up WINTER here in the Northern hemisphere (where DC is based)?
    When people say Winter or whatever year, they mean the first Quarter of the year. They don't mean December (if we want to get really technical only about a week or so of December is in the winter season). This is Winter 2018. Like I said, people don't typically announce mini-series a whole year in advance anyway.

So unless an article specifically said the end of calendar year, I have to assume they mean sometime before the end of March.

When people say Winter or whatever year, they mean the first Quarter of the year. They don't mean December (if we want to get really technical only about a week or so of December is in the winter season). This is Winter 2018. Like I said, people don't typically announce mini-series a whole year in advance anyway.

So unless an article specifically said the end of calendar year, I have to assume they mean sometime before the end of March.
    But as you yourself said,
    we already know the releases through March
    Also, if it were to be available that quickly, wouldn't they have to know who the artists on at least the first issue are?
    (How long do you think it takes to draw, edit, publish, and distribute a printed comic book?)

Mighty Member

But as you yourself said, Also, if it were to be available that quickly, wouldn't they have to know who the artists on at least the first issue are?
    (How long do you think it takes to draw, edit, publish, and distribute a printed comic book?)
    And comics are usually being worked on already when they are announced. John Ridley is talking about the project on a panel tomorrow. They are likely saving some information for then. Look, I could care less if you think it won't come out until December. But there is nothing that indicates that is the case.

Astonishing Member

If they said Winter 2018 (as the article mentions) I have no reason to think they don't mean December then. I mean technically we're in Winter 2017 (which just happens to go into 2018)

So it'll probably just begin sometime in December.

Astonishing Member

Generally even with a normal issue from one team it's about 3 months from solicitation to release. This hasn't actually even been solicited yet. Just announced.

Then there's that this is a prestige series which means it's a bigger size. Probably in the 80 page range.

Though not mentioned the way each character will have a spotlight makes it possible that multiple artists will work on the book and it'll be little stories that make one big story much like some 80 page giants do. Depending on the artists that can speed or or slow down production. But even if it's only one artist given it's a prestige mini series that'll take a lot more time for the artist to complete. I'm guessing it will be a multiple artist thing.

But even if it's a single artist there's a big difference in an artist having 2 issues already done for a book that's about to come out monthly that are 20 pages each. And 2 issues already done for a book that's about to come out monthly that is 80 pages each. They're usually only an issue or two ahead of what's released.

And comics are usually being worked on already when they are announced. John Ridley is talking about the project on a panel tomorrow. They are likely saving some information for then. Look, I could care less if you think it won't come out until December. But there is nothing that indicates that is the case.
    How long have you been following comic books?
    Typically, solicitations for comic books are announced about three months in advance. That's not because comic book companies are being nice.
    First, they have to let comic book shops and other businesses that place advance orders for comic books have time to get a feel for how many copies they should order and notify Diamond (or other companies that may be like them). That information from distributors like Diamond will allow DC and other publishers to gage how many copies they should initially print. When you're talking the major companies like DC, there are many people/areas involved in production of a comic book.
    It would normally take more than a week or two to create and produce a single issue of a comic book to then ship out to all the companies/locations that distribute it. And, right now, we have, what, less than a full 11 weeks until the last Wednesday in March 2018?
    Is that realistic?

This could be interesting.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Where the Jews at in this? What, just me?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Where the Jews at in this? What, just me?
    Oy vey, I'm just a dumb goy.