Fantastic Member

Default Rann-Thanagar War or Day of Vengeance?

Which Infinite Crisis tie in miniseries is worth buying?

I really liked Rann/Thanagar War. If you go with it, Adam Strange: Planet Heist was a prelude that set up the major plot points, and a good story, too.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Go for Villains United, AKA the start of Simone's brilliant Secret Six run. Every other mini connected to Infinite Crisis is kinda crap, including Infinite Crisis itself. That said, I suppose Rann/Thanagar War is less crap.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Both, if you want the full impact of the event. There were no superfluous Infinite Crisis mini, imho.

But if there can only be one, it depends on your tastes. DoV deals with the supernatural, R-TW is a sci-fi story (that is better enjoyed after the previously mentioned Adam Strange mini).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Villains United and The OMAC Project were the Infinite Crisis tie-ins that were worth reading.

I liked more The RannThanagar War, but because I'm more of the sci-fi side of thereading but both miniseries are relevant for the events in Infinite Crisis.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Go for Villains United, AKA the start of Simone's brilliant Secret Six run. Every other mini connected to Infinite Crisis is kinda crap, including Infinite Crisis itself. That said, I suppose Rann/Thanagar War is less crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Villains United and The OMAC Project were the Infinite Crisis tie-ins that were worth reading.
    I'm seconding (or "thirding" I guess) these votes. If you've already read Villains United, then I'd lean toward Day of Vengeance, because the whole idea of Detective Chimp is just too much fun.

it's been forever since i've read them, but i remember liking day of vengeance more. i remember rann/thanagar war being very dull.

agreed with the other recommendations of omac and villains united.