Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Superwoman'18 ( Final Issue)

So Lana is depowered for good now. Between Lex returning to villainy and this, the road to Doomsday Clock seems paved with resets.

Still, it was an alright issue, liked that Lana's position as science writer inspired a young girl, and we even have confirmation that Lois somehow was Superwoman herself in the post-Reborn timeline
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 01-12-2018 at 10:12 AM.

It was said that Lois was Superwoman, but DC decided to write comics about a character despite the fact that New 52 Action Comics was sold better only when Lana was replaced. Where is the logic?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Just read this issue, so Lois still remembers being superwoman after new 52 superman died? I wonder if they are ever going to explain this in continuity.

Also I'm glad Lana and Steel are still together, I wonder what is next for them two. Personally, I would like a Steel ongoing but I worry DC may feel it wouldn't sell well.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 01-12-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Also I'm glad Lois and Steel are still together
    Hope Clark will not find out.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Hope Clark will not find out.
    thanks for that catch haha

This wouldn't be that bad a move if I had any confidence that any writer would use her in the way a writer like Greg Pak used her in the New 52. But I have a hard time believing that. I'm betting she'll go back to being pretty much the nothing she always was post-Crisis, so I'm not a fan of depowering her for good.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    So Lana is depowered for good now. Between Lex returning to villainy and this, the road to Doomsday Clock seems paved with resets.

Still, it was an alright issue, liked that Lana's position as science writer inspired a young girl, and we even have confirmation that Lois somehow was Superwoman herself in the post-Reborn timeline
    Because I haven't read comics for a few years with notable exceptions such as the Batman 66' and Wonder Woman '77 related stuff, I found the series to be sort of a kaleidoscope or sensory overload of either too much information or unexplained information, assumed knowledge by the writers.

That said, it was interesting although I was disappointed because I bought the first two trades and felt the cover of the first one implied Lois Lane was going to be Superwoman and she was definitely secondary.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

I'll miss this series. The Jimenez run is among my favorite Super stories.

I enjoyed the Perkins run, but it was disappointing with loads of problems. Can't blame her for most of that though since she was stuck with rewrites from her first issues onward. It got so bad that one arc skipped an entire issue.