Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Superwoman'18 ( Final Issue)

So Lana is depowered for good now. Between Lex returning to villainy and this, the road to Doomsday Clock seems paved with resets.

Still, it was an alright issue, liked that Lana's position as science writer inspired a young girl, and we even have confirmation that Lois somehow was Superwoman herself in the post-Reborn timeline
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 01-12-2018 at 10:12 AM.

It was said that Lois was Superwoman, but DC decided to write comics about a character despite the fact that New 52 Action Comics was sold better only when Lana was replaced. Where is the logic?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Just read this issue, so Lois still remembers being superwoman after new 52 superman died? I wonder if they are ever going to explain this in continuity.

Also I'm glad Lana and Steel are still together, I wonder what is next for them two. Personally, I would like a Steel ongoing but I worry DC may feel it wouldn't sell well.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 01-12-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Also I'm glad Lois and Steel are still together
    Hope Clark will not find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Hope Clark will not find out.
    thanks for that catch haha

This wouldn't be that bad a move if I had any confidence that any writer would use her in the way a writer like Greg Pak used her in the New 52. But I have a hard time believing that. I'm betting she'll go back to being pretty much the nothing she always was post-Crisis, so I'm not a fan of depowering her for good.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I don't like it too. They could have kept her as Superwoman. They rarely use Steel. But he is there. Similarly, Lana would have been around and she could have helped from time to time. Without Superwoman, she would fade into the background seeing that non powered characters/supporting characters are rarely seen nowadays.

BANNED

John and Natasha can build her a suit to "hero up",so all is not lost.

Linda Danvers or Karen Starr,there is a opening for the name Superwoman

After saw the preview, I imaginated the ending... GOODBYE powers..

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I don't like it too. They could have kept her as Superwoman. They rarely use Steel. But he is there. Similarly, Lana would have been around and she could have helped from time to time. Without Superwoman, she would fade into the background seeing that non powered characters/supporting characters are rarely seen nowadays.
    It's weird, it seems like dan jurgens was attempting to make a super family a few issues ago, but since then, Lex became evil and Lana lost her powers. Wonder how much plans have changed in editorial in the past year.

BANNED

They will continue to slowly make the Super universe feel or look like the pre Flashpoint super universe,so when doomsday clock is over it can be a smooth change

Well, an ignominous end for a Rebirth title which had had a great start and devolved into the terrible after Reborn. I guess at least Lana has enjoyed some years in the spotlight, and can now return to irrelevance ? It's such a shame that Subterranea was given up when PAK left, she would have had a great role there, I'm sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    They will continue to slowly make the Super universe feel or look like the pre Flashpoint super universe,so when doomsday clock is over it can be a smooth change
    I sense the same thing. And that's a damn shame.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

The Superman Family book/idea is likely to still happen. Lana as Superwoman might've been a bit tainted due to the whole Lois fake out that seems like it ended up being a bigger deal than I thought. I imagine that was part of the reasoning behind depowering her. But a proper Superman Family book has been floated around for a while, and now that DC has an open slot for such a book, I doubt they'll fill it with another solo Superman book or even a Jon Kent Superboy book.

You guys remember the "Super Team" solicitations that were replaced by Last Days of Superman a while back? Or how The Supermen of America at the close of Grounded? I'd say expect that idea to become a book soon. They've been looking to get this idea off the ground for a while it seems. Probably expect to see Ulysses, Steel, Nat, Lana, and maybe even Super-Chief. Frequent appearances by Superman, Superboy, Supergirl, Super-Man (I suspect this was where he would've gone had his book not been revived), and Conner (depending on his status).
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-13-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I highly doubt that Ulysses will be acknowledged in the future and I really couldn't see him joining Superman, I mean sure, he only interacted with New 52 Superman, but I don't see any reason for him to change his attitudes.