Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    Amazing Member

Savage sword number 1 is a great read. Highly recommend

BANNED

Conan the Barbarian #1-3 were solid reads. I'm really enjoying it. Savage Sword of Conan #1 & 2 were superb, arguably superior to Jason Aaron's ongoing in my opinion. The art on both titles is truly incredible. I definitely recommend both titles to anyone who loves the character.

Astonishing Member

I have still not picked up a copy of Savag Sword of Conan#1 yet.But as somebody that enjoyed a lot the first two issues of Conan the Barbarian by Aaron i wonder if Savage Sword of Conan will be another Conan comic book that i will have in my pull list as i have Conan the Barbarian.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Conan the Barbarian #1-3 were solid reads. I'm really enjoying it. Savage Sword of Conan #1 & 2 were superb, arguably superior to Jason Aaron's ongoing in my opinion. The art on both titles is truly incredible. I definitely recommend both titles to anyone who loves the character.
    I think I would agree, that I enjoyed savage sword more than the main title. But both are off to a great start. Looking forward to Belit this month!

Amazing Member

Way back in midsummer 1970, marvel was at a crossroad, with Kirby having just walked, and Replacement artists put on ff, thor, inhumans and ka zar strips.In such a month, Conan 1 came out.I think marvel getting this single title on the stands, just might have managed to hold onto it's base.They really needed a big event at the time,and conan was it! I notice on the legacy numbering,That the mid to late 1990s conan mini series are not included. Anyway,With 25 issues to go, I think that issue 25, will come out as conan 300, and 15 of savage sword, as savage sword 250.I'll give them a try to that point.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Newest issue of Barbarian was so light on content.

Really disappointing issue, since the first 3 were dope.

Zub talking about his love of Conan, and how excited he is to write him in Avengers No Road Home:
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I was a bit down on the King Conan issue but last week's ish was a rock solid installment in Aaron's CtB.

Any thoughts?

Is Conan now officially in mainstream Marvel continuity, or is his appearance limited to No Road Home?

He'll be in savage Avengers next month, which is supposed to be in continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by karatattoo View Post
    Is Conan now officially in mainstream Marvel continuity, or is his appearance limited to No Road Home?
    God, I hope not.

At the least I hope that stuff doesn't bleed over into CtB. Just let this be a Conan book without tying it to Marvel superhero stuff.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.j. View Post
    Way back in midsummer 1970, marvel was at a crossroad, with Kirby having just walked, and Replacement artists put on ff, thor, inhumans and ka zar strips.In such a month, Conan 1 came out.I think marvel getting this single title on the stands, just might have managed to hold onto it's base.They really needed a big event at the time,and conan was it! I notice on the legacy numbering,That the mid to late 1990s conan mini series are not included. Anyway,With 25 issues to go, I think that issue 25, will come out as conan 300, and 15 of savage sword, as savage sword 250.I'll give them a try to that point.
    I been collecting the original series for a while now , trying to complete the newstand and direct copies , almost got the full direct run 18 issue's to go including the early direct , only need 1 Canadian issue and then will concentrate on newstand . Just for fun . I see on some sites they call the current series volume four , They are including the dark horse. I hope they do a 300 issue legacy .