Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Back in the day when i was collecting Conan, Christopher Priest was writing under his pen name of Jim Owsley and wrote a damn good run with Val Semeiks on art.
    val semeiks.jpg

I'm kinda bummed about this, outside of Hellboy and Black Hammer Dark Horse was home to my favorite Star Wars, Conan, and Alien/Predator stories. Alien/Predator is still there for the moment, but I hope Dark Horse will be okay. They probably will ramp up the good horror comics, but I don't want to them to hurt badly with all these licenses gone.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Does this mean that it's going to be canon again that Red Sonja is the ancestor of Mary Jane?

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    Dark Universe has been scrapped though, and considering these are all public domain characters, there's really no need for a partnership. I guess Dark Horse could try something like it, but the loss of Star Wars, now Conan and probably Alien/Predator is too much.

Attachment 60657
    Dark Horse Aliens and Predator comics have some of my most treasured comic stories of all time, and they revolutionized how movie-based comics were written. That being said, while Dark Horse still puts out great content, I'm a little tired of the miniseries approach to the franchises, not knowing when the next story will come out. Most of the 2000s, for example, had almost no Alien or Predator comics of note.

Come to think of it, who currently owns the rights to producing Terminator comics?
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Red Sonja isn't part of the Conan license (which is weird - I would've thought that if it wasn't a part of Conan, it would be part of Marvel - wasn't it a spin-off from their old Conan series?). Dynamite publishes her.

Terminator is at Dark Horse according to Wikipedia, but it lists nothing since 2015.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Terminator_comics
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-12-2018 at 03:21 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Dark Horse Aliens and Predator comics have some of my most treasured comic stories of all time, and they revolutionized how movie-based comics were written. That being said, while Dark Horse still puts out great content, I'm a little tired of the miniseries approach to the franchises, not knowing when the next story will come out. Most of the 2000s, for example, had almost no Alien or Predator comics of note.

Come to think of it, who currently owns the rights to producing Terminator comics?
    Dark Horse really put out some great stuff for all their licensed properties. I haven't followed them too closely (just reading some stuff now after a long time), but yeah, the mini schedule is a bit weird. Although I suppose it's better to publish a story worth telling, rather than just print whatever in order to fill each month's issue.

As for Terminator, Robocop and the like, I don't know. IDW I think published the latest stuff.

I would like to see Mike Grell write it.
    "You address omnipotence. Tread carefully."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe that'll be the first, true, 616 Mary Jane solo ?
    I think this conan version will be another universe(not 616) this time and i think it will be rebooted again since dark horse rebooted conan anyway for it's own universe.

Anything not created by marvel should be in it's own universe anyway like transformers when marvel had it for example.
    That was mistake marvel did with the first marvel version of conan.
    I think they have learn their lesson hopefully.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-12-2018 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Unexpected. Just hope in the third number Marvel don't replace him with a black girl.
    LOL!

Seriously, this thing needs to be rated mature.

I cannot help some of the things people are going on about Conan under current Marvel is, no offense, just plain silly... I mean, do people really think Marvel are going to turn him into some sort of 'genderfluid Muslim'? Its just hyperbole that does neither side any good. I just don't see how he can be anything other then the bad ass Barbarian he has been since his creation. Anyway, all that said, I think this is an interesting move. I have been meaning to start reading about him, given my love of Red Sonja, so this may be a good jumping in point.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I think this conan version will be another universe(not 616) this time and i think it will be rebooted again since dark horse rebooted conan anyway for it's own universe.

Anything not created by marvel should be in it's own universe anyway like transformers when marvel had it for example.
    That was mistake marvel did with the first marvel version of conan.
    I think they have learn their lesson hopefully.
    Except one of the two pieces of art used in this promotion shows Thor and Logan. I am guessing this might be a sign that he will be put back into continuity in some way. Odd though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Except one of the two pieces of art used in this promotion shows Thor and Logan. I am guessing this might be a sign that he will be put back into continuity in some way. Odd though.
    It could be still be another universe or a crossover into each others universes or just art showing that conan is back at marvel.

Astonishing Member

Great News.
    Looking forward to new comics by Marvel.Ribic illustrating for example would be already half of a great creative team for a new Conan comic book.
    And intrigued about new Tpb´s of older Marvel stories of Conan as well.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galvanite View Post
    Back in the day when i was collecting Conan, Christopher Priest was writing under his pen name of Jim Owsley and wrote a damn good run with Val Semeiks on art.
    val semeiks.jpg
    I thought the name that he stated writing comics with, Jim Owsley, was his real name before he changed it to Christopher Priest?

There's no excuse. Marvel should hire Christopher Priest to be the main Conan writer. He did a well-received run back in the 1980s.

Marvel corporate should also look into buying the Conan character this time around. They really should have bought the character decades ago.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 01-12-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TimeCrash View Post
    I'm kinda bummed about this, outside of Hellboy and Black Hammer Dark Horse was home to my favorite Star Wars, Conan, and Alien/Predator stories. Alien/Predator is still there for the moment, but I hope Dark Horse will be okay. They probably will ramp up the good horror comics, but I don't want to them to hurt badly with all these licenses gone.
    With Disney buying FOX I'm thinking Alien/Predator will be taken from Dark Horse as well.