Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Ron Garney in Savage Sword of Conan is great.
    Garney art is always great,and the last covers illustrated by him (The Defenders covers) were amazing.
    So i am looking forward to Savage Sword of Conan and Conan the Barbarian as well!

Quote Originally Posted by dimo1 View Post
    OK, art looks promising.
    By the way, over here in Europe we also get some adapations from various artist, too.
    Yeah some of the stories Glénat (French publisher) is going to publish looks promising and the fact that the creative team behind Ira Dei is going to work on one of those stories means it's going to be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I really would like to see Sebastian Fiumara drawing Conan.

:)

Attachment 72046
    Attachment 72047
    Amazing art! And I agree he would be perfect on Conan!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Asrar's art looks really good, there.

To answer your question...Barry Windsor-Smith. (I can dream the impossible, can't I?)
    If only, I miss Barry Windsor-Smith but who knows maybe McNiven with his new art style (inspired by Barry Windsor-Smith) could do a good job on Conan!

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso would be nice...
    Their 100 bullets series was amazing and I love Risso's art. Him drawing Conan would be great:

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    As to who I would like to see...Tom Grindberg did some beautiful work on Tarzan and was working on a Conan project with Ro Thomas for Dark Horse that fell through. He posted a bunch of Conan samples on his FB feed that were simply magnificent. I would love to see him do an arc or a book for Marvel's Conan.

Here's a couple sample Grindberg Conan images...

[IMG]https://cafart.r.worldssl.net/images/Category_17979/subcat_57727/CONAN%20001.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kvv3fcoXqVE/Srk52pReFII/AAAAAAAAFFI/P3oxUdHW8Vk/s400/Grindberg_06.JPG[IMG]

and a sample of he and Thomas' Tarzan to see some sequential (though it is a Sunday strip not a comic book)

[IMG]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5f/89/aa/5f89aa97683d3d140a3c73399a7c5a69.jpg[IMG]

I'd also welcome back Cary Nord if he ever wanted to do more Conan.

Another artist I think might do a good Conan is Chris Mooneyham, who did Five Ghosts at Image.

-M
    Amazing art, thanks for sharing! Grindberd would be perfect and I would never say no to more Conan by Cary Nord. I would also welcome back Tomas Giorello!
    I'm not familiar with Chris Mooneyham's art but I just saw some of his work you mentioned and yeah it's great. I should check this Five Ghosts series it looks interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kai "the spy" View Post
    Mark Schultz. But I doubt he'd be up for a long stint.
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mark Schultz is amazing, some of his Conan's illustrations are just gorgeous but yeah I'm not sure if he could keep up with a monthly schedule but a limited mini serie could work!
    Last edited by Hush; 10-11-2018 at 12:52 PM.

So will Conan's world be considered a part of the Multiverse, or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Panini UK could've taken care of that. They have a line of seven Marvel Collectors Editions. It would be eight, but they're not allowed to do Star Wars because another publisher has the UK licence (and has done for years - probably predates Disney buying Lucasfilm). I would certainly expect them to use the Savage Sword of Conan name for their Conan reprint mag (I assume they'll be doing one), as it was the name of an anthology back in the 70s and 80s.
    The rights in Europe are not the same as in the US. I doubt anyone would be able to stop Panini calling their book whatever they like. I want to say more but it would be full of cynicism and annoyance at something I can’t control so I will just assert that in my opinion the copyright laws in the US are crazy and should be challenged more, without out-of-court settlements which only encourage the status quo. We are only in this situation because of the lobbying of large corporations in the late nineties.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So will Conan's world be considered a part of the Multiverse, or no?
    Personally, I hope not. I would prefer they handle the Conan license the way they do Star Wars, putting good talent on it and just let it be its own thing and find its own audience rather than try to hijack into the MU proper. I have no interest in shared universes any more. They are too big and bloated to effectively tell stories about x or y character because the stories have to be about the bigger universe as a whole which lessens the individual parts of it. Conan is about his story and his world, not some other universe or other characters. Let it stand on its own.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

From the January 2019 Solicitations:

CONAN THE BARBARIAN #1
    JASON AARON (W) • MAHMUD ASRAR (A)
    Cover by ESAD RIBIC
    PARTY VARIANT COVER BY MAHMUD ASRAR
    Variant Cover by GREG HILDEBRANDT
    Teaser Variant Cover by ESAD RIBIC
    PREMIERE VARIANT COVER BY ESAD RIBIC
    Variant Cover by GERARDO ZAFFINO
    Variant Cover by Daniel Acuña
    Variant Cover by Jesus Saiz
    Variant Cover by Bill Sienkewicz
    Variant Cover by John Cassaday
    Variant Cover by Kirbi Fagan
    Variant Cover by Adi Granov
    Action Figure Variant Cover by John Tyler Christopher
    VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    BLANK VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    BY CROM, THE GREATEST SWORD-AND-SORCERY
    HERO RETURNS TO MARVEL!
    From an age undreamed…hither came Conan the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet…
    Robert E. Howard’s creation returns to comics, in an epic tale as only MARVEL could bring you! Conan’s travels have brought him to the far reaches of the unkown, from his birthplace in Cimmeria to the kingdom of Aquilonia and all in between. As his fighting prowess allows him to carve his way through life, so too does it attract the forces of death!
    The all-new ages-spanning saga begins here, by writer Jason Aaron (THE MIGHTY THOR, STAR WARS) and artist Mahmud Asrar (UNCANNY X-MEN, ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS), as Conan’s destiny is forever changed!
    48 PGS./Parental Advisory …$4.99

CONAN THE BARBARIAN #2
    JASON AARON (W) • MAHMUD ASRAR (A) • Cover by ESAD RIBIC
    Variant Cover by Chris Bachalo
    Variant Cover by Ema Luppachino
    Variant Cover by Mark Brooks
    Action Figure Variant Cover by John Tyler Christopher
    BEYOND THE SAVAGE BORDER!
    CONAN finds himself beyond the Black River, surrounded by the warlike PICTS! But the tribesmen may be the least of his worries if he cannot fight his way through the demonic beasts slithering around the forest! The epic return of the mighty Conan continues…
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

Also a bunch a true believers issues:

[B]TRUE BELIEVERS: CONAN THE BARBARIAN #1
    Reprinting Conan the Barbarian (1970) #1
    32 PGS./Rated T …$1.00

TRUE BELIEVERS: CONAN — THE TOWER OF THE ELEPHANT #1
    Reprinting Conan the Barbarian (1970) #4
    32 PGS./Rated T …$1.00

TRUE BELIEVERS: CONAN —
    THE DEVIL-GOD OF BAL-SAGOTH! #1
    Reprinting Conan the Barbarian (1970) #17
    32 PGS./Rated T …$1.00

TRUE BELIEVERS: CONAN — SWORDS IN THE NIGHT! #1
    Reprinting Conan the Barbarian (1970) #23
    32 PGS./Rated T …$1.00

TRUE BELIEVERS: CONAN — CURSE OF THE GOLDEN SKULL! #1
    Reprinting Conan the Barbarian (1970) #37
    32 PGS./Rated T …$1.00

TRUE BELIEVERS: CONAN — QUEEN OF THE BLACK COAST! #1
    Reprinting Conan the Barbarian (1970) #58
    32 PGS./Rated T …$1.00

TRUE BELIEVERS: CONAN — THE SECRET OF SKULL RIVER #1
    Reprinting Savage Tales (1971) #5
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$1.00

TRUE BELIEVERS: KING CONAN #1
    Reprinting King Conan #1
    40 PGS./Rated T …$1.00

TRUE BELIEVERS: WHAT IF CONAN THE BARBARIAN WALKED THE EARTH TODAY? #1
    Reprinting What If? (1977) #13
    32 PGS./Rated T …$1.00

TRUE BELIEVERS: CONAN — RESURRECTION #1
    Reprinting Conan the Barbarian (1970) #187
    32 PGS./Rated T …$1.00

Also it looks like several Marvel comics will have some special Conan vs the Marvel Villains variants!

And finally a nice big TPB:

CONAN CHRONICLES EPIC COLLECTION: OUT OF THE DARKSOME HILLS TPB
    Volume #1 in the Conan Chronicles Epic Collections
    Written by KURT BUSIEK & FABIAN NICIEZA
    Penciled by CARY NORD, THOMAS YEATES, GREG RUTH, TOM MANDRAKE & MORE
    Cover by JOSEPH MICHAEL LINSNER
    The legend returns! Conan the Barbarian stars in epic tales by comics veteran Kurt Busiek — including classics adapted from the works of original author Robert E. Howard! Whether he’s warring with the violent Vanir or meeting a Frost Giant’s daughter, Conan’s savage sword is always close at hand and ready for battle! The story of “The God in the Bowl” is presented in all its terrifying detail — introducing Conan’s notorious adversary, Thoth-Amon! But who is Janissa the Widowmaker, and what role will she play in the Cimmerian warrior’s life? Beware the Horror on Uskuth Hill — and the Thing in the Temple! And when two Nemedians walk into a bar, it’s no joking matter. Prepare for swords and sorcery of the highest order with the greatest barbarian of them all! Collecting CONAN: THE LEGEND #0 and CONAN (2004) #1-19.
    496 PGS./Rated T+ …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91590-2
    Conan ® & © 2018 Conan Properties International LLC

I am peeing myself! Can hardly wait!!!
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Personally, I hope not. I would prefer they handle the Conan license the way they do Star Wars, putting good talent on it and just let it be its own thing and find its own audience rather than try to hijack into the MU proper. I have no interest in shared universes any more. They are too big and bloated to effectively tell stories about x or y character because the stories have to be about the bigger universe as a whole which lessens the individual parts of it. Conan is about his story and his world, not some other universe or other characters. Let it stand on its own.

-M
    Last time Marvel tried to tie the timelines together it created a real mess that they would be better off avoiding this time.

so does Dark Horse retain the rights to continue to publish their era of Conan books (the TPBs, that is, at this point)... seems like that would be the right thing to do.

Is this Conan marketed toward a teen 15+ market, or are they going with the 30+ older crowd?

I never read any of the prose novels so I'm not hung up on fealty to that continuity.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Going by the January Solicits does anyone know for certain if CtB will or won't be double-shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so does Dark Horse retain the rights to continue to publish their era of Conan books (the TPBs, that is, at this point)... seems like that would be the right thing to do.

Is this Conan marketed toward a teen 15+ market, or are they going with the 30+ older crowd?

I never read any of the prose novels so I'm not hung up on fealty to that continuity.
    Dark Horse has no right to any Conan at all anymore, just like they have no rights to Star Wars when they lost the license. Marvel already solicited an Epic Collection for the Busiek Conan series Dark Horse published.

The Marvel solicits for the new books are labelled teen plus. Whether the content reflects that or not I don't know, but that is what it will be labelled.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Going by the January Solicits does anyone know for certain if CtB will or won't be double-shipping?
    CTB is coming out on the 2nd of January. The Marvel Must Haves come out on the ninth. CTB #2 comes out on the 16th. So at least for January it will double ship.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I am peeing myself! Can hardly wait!!!
    Yeah it's going to be great!!!!!!

By the way Mahmud Asrar posted his cover for the first issue of the Conan the Barbarian series:

source: https://twitter.com/MahmudAsrar/stat...90235278868481

Love it! I cannot wait. To this old fella, there has never been a hero like Conan, and I cannot wait to read more of his adventures.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Thought I would link directly to the image because it seems representative of other glimpses we have seen:

CONAN THE BARBARIAN #1
    JASON AARON (W) • MAHMUD ASRAR (A)
    PARTY VARIANT COVER BY MAHMUD ASRAR

P.S. I am not a collector, can somebody explain what PARTY VARIANT means? Is it related to retailer release parties?
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-18-2018 at 06:31 AM.