View Poll Results: Will you be watching X-MEN in the MCU?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm ready for the new X-MEN films

88 80.73%
  • No, the last FOX film is my last X-MEN movie

1 0.92%
  • Maybe, depending on the movie lineup and casting

20 18.35%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    The poor thing’s been dangled like a carrot and then yanked away so many times by Fox. I’ll still see the movies, but I’ll be weeping into my popcorn the whole time. Makes it extra salty.
    Not just Jubilee. Look at how awful Cyclops has been depicted.

Anyway, yeah I'll watch them. I've been wanting to see someone else take a hand to the X-Men movies for a while. I'm not going to say it'll be something good, but I'm still interested.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hartttt View Post
    And also be quickly dismissed, disliked, discredited, gaged and forgotten as the rest of the MCU movies, though I do believe, the death of superhero movies will have occurred by then.
    Every time someone talks about MCU movies there's a salty person talking about the DEATH OF THE SUPERHERO GENRE OF MOVIES in the most end-of-the-world tone possible.

Then the movie makes a gazillion dollars, and they backpedal to "y-yeah, the masses have **** taste anyway! **** superhero movies and Marvel, hell yeah!". It would be funny if it wasn't pathetic.

This is a silly question. Even I with my extreme reservations about it, will watch. But we'll we stay watching? That all depends what they do with it. I said before, my gripe is that I'm not sure I'm interested in the X-Men being integrated into the current MCU. But after IW maybe we can all start fresh, so who knows.

I'm still far more eager to see when Marvel returns them to video games and cartoons than I am in their continued expansion of the shared universe machine.

Of course. We all will. I just hope they don’t mess up Deadpool and Cable and X-Force. Find a way to integrate them into the MCU as is somehow. Just establish they’ve always been there or something. Maybe they take place in the near future, after the X-men reboot and mutants are established. Whatever. Don’t screw up that beautiful R-rated corner of the X-verse which is actually working, though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Every time someone talks about MCU movies there's a salty person talking about the DEATH OF THE SUPERHERO GENRE OF MOVIES in the most end-of-the-world tone possible.

Then the movie makes a gazillion dollars, and they backpedal to "y-yeah, the masses have **** taste anyway! **** superhero movies and Marvel, hell yeah!". It would be funny if it wasn't pathetic.
    Funny that superhero saturation is mentioned just as an article is written on CBR https://www.cbr.com/superhero-movies...oint-mcu-dceu/.

But honestly what genre is successful all the time? Sci-Fi? Romantic comedies? Young Adult? Adult comedies? Action flicks? Animated movies? Dystopia?

So many films fail regardless of genre. But I am tired of superhero genre dying talk. There is no blue print for success otherwise studios would be churning out hits all the time.

Of course! would be stupid to not be excited for some change, even if I love a lot of the Fox movies.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Funny that superhero saturation is mentioned just as an article is written on CBR https://www.cbr.com/superhero-movies...oint-mcu-dceu/.
    That article is stupid.

Waaah waaah 8 out of the 700 films this year will have super heroes in it waasah waaaah
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I'm all happy for MCU taking over just for the fact the comics will be left alone(no more other teams trying to supplant the X-Men).

But has Fox tainted the X-Men franchise? Will the bad after taste hurt the MCU box office? Look at what BVS and Suicide Squad did to the box office of JL. It's possible Dark Phoenix will impact the X-Men franchise in a very negative way. Plus it's been a steady if not very underwhelming 18 years. With a few exceptions the general audience might just turn away due to previous films.
    All it takes to turn the tide is one badass X-Men MCU trailer and Disney's marketing behemoth and we'll have the tickets sold.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    All it takes to turn the tide is one badass X-Men MCU trailer and Disney's marketing behemoth and we'll have the tickets sold.

Oh! I hope Trump/the collapse of the West doesn't get us all killed before I get to see that!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Absolutely! I definitely wanna see how Marvel X-Mennfilms turn out! And I’ve been waiting for a reboot of X-Men for a while now. FoX-Men were already getting stale and in desperate need of a fresh start & new vision so I couldn’t be happier since this’ll mean we’ll get it. Though I’m still not sure if X-Men films will really be in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    This is a silly question. Even I with my extreme reservations about it, will watch. But we'll we stay watching? That all depends what they do with it. I said before, my gripe is that I'm not sure I'm interested in the X-Men being integrated into the current MCU. But after IW maybe we can all start fresh, so who knows.

I'm still far more eager to see when Marvel returns them to video games and cartoons than I am in their continued expansion of the shared universe machine.
    Starting fresh would have been for marvel studios to become independent again and take 100% control of their destiny. Am afraid it is unlikely since Thor 3 was the best chance to start fresh, maybe break into another genre legitimately like Logan did as a western but it was very similar to guardians of the galaxy , I had to scratch my head at that as there was a GOTG film in 2017 already, MCU is selling the same product twice, its more rotten than starting fresh.

if you are eager to see returns to cartoon and video games it will be a disappointment, their current efforts have been very subpar, rumours has it that the spiderman cartoon is ending and most fans are happy due to how bad it was, unappealing to them as adult fans.

I said the genre will be dead by then once the first x-men movie is out but Matt Reeves Batman is a chance for new life, we have more update on the films, will be matt reeves own personal work and not necessary set in the DCEU. this would have suited X-Men a lot better for life but it does not matter, there is always Logan and X2 when anyone wants to watch a legitimate X-Men movie. I fear X-Men MCU will be the downfall for them unless they unleash a godfather.
    Last edited by hartttt; 01-13-2018 at 02:28 PM.

It would be a wonder seeing Rogue portrayed as Rogue on the movie screen

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    That'll depend on the pitch. If it looks like another two decades of The Wolverine Show on the horizon, then probably not.
    I voted yes, but this is the truth. I'd love to see some X-movies in which other characters got a chance to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I voted yes, but this is the truth. I'd love to see some X-movies in which other characters got a chance to shine.
    Once Black Panther destroys the box office, I can't wait to see MCU's Storm!!! Fox has been sleeping on my gurl for far too long. Rogue too, for that matter, and Jubes. Bring the real Claremazons to the big screen!!!!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!