View Poll Results: Will you be watching X-MEN in the MCU?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm ready for the new X-MEN films

88 80.73%
  • No, the last FOX film is my last X-MEN movie

1 0.92%
  • Maybe, depending on the movie lineup and casting

20 18.35%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post

BUT! But, I say! I do have concerns the movies will Re-invent The Wheel, be super repetitive and redundant, only feature the most famous characters, and have low "stakes". And also tame down the more mature or provocative story themes. I HOPE I AM WRONG ABOUT THESE THINGS! But, I do have concerns.

You are not wrong. MCU has already confirmed this is how they will make their xmen movies but as it is 5 years away it will not matter anymore, MCU would have burnt out totally and the backlash will have reached critical mass for them. already on their way. Better effects because of huge budgets will not compensate for the loss of the substance. it's the fastest killer of them all.

I keep getting this flashes of Kids and themes in X-Men movies. first X23 in Logan, then Jason' illusion in X2, Kids matching to death camps along with adults in DOFP. you think the serious themes of kids and the loss of their innocence Due to the brutal nature of the xmen world will be in an MCU movie? of course not. At this point it is literally impossible for MCU XMEN to make anything substantially better than fox has.

Astonishing Member

I am on vacations. Tried to watch Homecoming during the flight and I thought it was rubbish. I dropped it when the "bully" character told Peter he couldn't be a friend of Tony Stark.
    My idea of Spider-Man isn't a spastic youtuber kid with Tony Stark as his most admired person.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hartttt View Post
    You are not wrong. MCU has already confirmed this is how they will make their xmen movies but as it is 5 years away it will not matter anymore, MCU would have burnt out totally and the backlash will have reached critical mass for them. already on their way. Better effects because of huge budgets will not compensate for the loss of the substance. it's the fastest killer of them all.
    Let's ignore the fact that 3 biggest super hero movies of 2017 are MCU movies and that they have very good reviews.
    right?

I keep getting this flashes of Kids and themes in X-Men movies. first X23 in Logan, then Jason' illusion in X2, Kids matching to death camps along with adults in DOFP. you think the serious themes of kids and the loss of their innocence Due to the brutal nature of the xmen world will be in an MCU movie? of course not. At this point it is literally impossible for MCU XMEN to make anything substantially better than fox has.
    They will be better because at least their movies will be about x-men.
    They will be able to create better characters(overall).

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

I'm afraid I can't resist the siren song of flesh and blood X-Men. So, yes. MCU or whatever.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    I'm afraid I can't resist the siren song of flesh and blood X-Men. So, yes. MCU or whatever.
    70 looks better than the 69 it's been stuck on. Ty for voting
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I am on vacations. Tried to watch Homecoming during the flight and I thought it was rubbish. I dropped it when the "bully" character told Peter he couldn't be a friend of Tony Stark.
    My idea of Spider-Man isn't a spastic youtuber kid with Tony Stark as his most admired person.
    the appeal of spiderman was his independence, right of passage and brains, let's just leave it as, the kid in spiderman homecoming is not spiderman. what troubles me is , kids in high school were not also portrayed realistically in the movie. I like Spiderman 1 better in that aspect Harry and Peter felt like actual outcast. it didn't feel I was watching a disney TV run.

You think X23 can be in an MCU X-Men movie or Kid Magneto in Nazi Germany? that is like MCU having Damian Wayne in a Batman movie. it just will not happen. Am not sure they can even have Bruce Wayne as a kid seeing his parents die, they could put it there but will just have Thomas Wayne make jokes as he dies in front of his son to ease the seriousness and turma of the moment for Bruce. MCU cannot do better, it is impossible. We take great rest that we can always watch Days of future Past once the first MCU X-Men comes out and is a substantial disaster.
    Last edited by hartttt; 01-14-2018 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    The question still remains, will the movie be showing the essence of the Black Panther character and its mythos? Or will it be just another slick action flick?
    Well, what is the essential power of the Black Panther mythos? I'd say it's a matter of showing an empowered Black African culture, with mystical and technological prowess, vibranium, and some political intrigue. Judging from the trailers and Civil War alone, the MCU has already knocked that out of the park.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Of course I will. I love X-Men and have emotional investment in them for a big chunk of my life.

To some extent my defense of the FOX films may be a defensive rationalization to try to make myself feel like the way the XMen are being handled is good already. Who knows. Maybe I will genuinely prefer the Disney-made movies when they come out in years. I am sure the effects will be a lot better due to the huge budgets. And it will be nice for sure not to have to get into CONSTANT negativity with people critical of the films.

BUT! But, I say! I do have concerns the movies will Re-invent The Wheel, be super repetitive and redundant, only feature the most famous characters, and have low "stakes". And also tame down the more mature or provocative story themes. I HOPE I AM WRONG ABOUT THESE THINGS! But, I do have concerns.
    That kind of self-reflection is rare to see in such a forum. Thank you for your honesty. I can also understand your concerns, and they are warranted, but I think overall there will be a net gain from this Disney acquisition and MCU redo.

I sat through the Fox shitshow, why the hell would I miss the rebooted upgrade? Anyway I don't see them making their debut until like half a decade from now at least so the whole 'over saturation' issue is moot. Marvel has a plan for their existing slate, they'll wait until the deck is cleared.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Yeah i'm ready, been ready for a long time now. The only thing i may miss is the recent T.V. shows LEGION and Gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Yeah i'm ready, been ready for a long time now. The only thing i may miss is the recent T.V. shows LEGION and Gifted.
    Legion was vaguely interesting, but so far off of base with actual David Haller(and who the hell were all those other random characters?), I'd be fine if we don't see all that much more from that universe(season 2 is coming anyways). It's off in its own pocket anyways.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Legion was vaguely interesting, but so far off of base with actual David Haller(and who the hell were all those other random characters?), I'd be fine if we don't see all that much more from that universe(season 2 is coming anyways). It's off in its own pocket anyways.
    I would have liked for them to embrace his multiple personalities more and the problems that arise from him not being fully in control all the time.

BANNED

I wonder who voted no

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I would have liked for them to embrace his multiple personalities more and the problems that arise from him not being fully in control all the time.
    I had just read the New Mutants debut of Legion a few months before watching the show. There are so many nuances and specifics(the three main personalities/powers) that are really interesting and topical in Claremont's version. The show just took the concept of the Astral Plane and Shadow King and made up everything else from there. It was well done, but it was baaaaaaarely Legion. Maybe it's more reflective of modern Legion(as I didn't read that series) but still. Honor the roots.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Absolutely! I definitely wanna see how Marvel X-Mennfilms turn out! And I’ve been waiting for a reboot of X-Men for a while now. FoX-Men were already getting stale and in desperate need of a fresh start & new vision so I couldn’t be happier since this’ll mean we’ll get it. Though I’m still not sure if X-Men films will really be in the MCU.
    Man, a short mean little Wolverine fighting a huge Sabretooth will take me back to the 90s, when I first got into the animated series and comics.

My vote is to reboot everything except Deadpool and its characters. Just treat them as though they’re already in the MCU, and the first two DP films are a little bit in the future (after the X-men reboot establishes mutants in the MCU). Boom. Perfection.