Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Yeah, well, were it not for Jean, Emma would be dead.

Only winner in this is Scott, who doesn't deserve it.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Hard to say, in terms of feats Jean almost always has the Phoenix slowly building inside her. I'd guess Jean has more raw untapped potential while Emma has the greater advantage in trained abilities. Heck, recently she was shown to be able to project a fake but entirely convincing Cyclops illusion to the entire world, that even fooled Magik and the Inhuman Royals.
    That is not a feat that jean can not do, or any other telepath of good level, that of Emma crazy after death of Cyclops, was abuse obscene of susu powers, and manipulating everyone for the selfish and revenge of Emma's own ends.

Red Skull with part of Xavier's brain without being a real telepath, he did something similar even more impressive than what Emma did in IV X for example.

Hhmmn. This is the way I see it:

I would say that just prior to Jean becoming Phoenix while Emma was still lurking in the shadows behind the scene (prior to issue 100), that Emma was the much stronger telepath.

After the Phoenix, Jean was the slightly more powerful telepath. However, during this time period, Jean was "dead", lost her TP, and then gained it back. Jean was also afraid of her potential and always seemed to hold back.

In the 1990's, Jean was shown to be (to me anyway) very weak in powers. But by 2000, was shown to be strong. In the years 2002-2004 just prior to her very long-lasting death, Jean was shown to be very powerful, more-so than Emma. I mean this without tapping into the PF, which was usually shown by fires around Jean's head and shoulders.

My take on this is that Jean's powers took a long time for them to reach their peak because the peak was so much higher than even the mightiest of telepaths/telekinetics. She needed time to reach this ultra-high (dare I say Ultra-Omega) level. Before her death in 2004, Jean had reached this peak. Even in the 1960's, Jean had great potential, but just not the power to back up her powers, but they were always growing and expanding.

Today, I would say Jean is the top Psychic, way above Xavier, Exodus, Stryfe, XMan, Emma, Selene, Rachel etc at this point.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 01-13-2018 at 11:48 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    That's right, Jean is infinitely superior.

Do not forget that Emma clearly said that Rachel is more powerful than Emma in Telaptia, and Rachel is very inferior to her mother.
    I don't care what so and so says. Feats are what counts. Going by feats, Emma is far above a non-PF Jean.

Well, come on now, let's see the feats!

Emmaites vs Jeannies, show us your powah!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I thought the general party line is that Jean has more raw power but Emma is more skilled and less bothered by morality. So I guess it depends on what one person deems as superior. Though I will be interested where Jean lands powerwise when she returns fully.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Jean has the edge but both are top telepaths.
    This is my take as well. I think Jean has always been the more powerful between the two. I think it is a closer contest when it comes to skill but over all raw power goes to Jean.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I thought the general party line is that Jean has more raw power but Emma is more skilled and less bothered by morality. So I guess it depends on what one person deems as superior. Though I will be interested where Jean lands powerwise when she returns fully.
    It would be interesting to see what a fully realized Jean could do without the PF, but writers always seem intent on rehashing that Phoenix storyline.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

What I say is, what Emma did in IvsX does any telepath does and more, even without much experience.

In order that Jean has so dominates the P.F is an indicative of who is superior, but Emma herself knows that she is inferior to Rachel, which in turn is very inferior to Jean.

Pay attention to Emma, she knows more than us. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    It would be interesting to see what a fully realized Jean could do without the PF, but writers always seem intent on rehashing that Phoenix storyline.
    That's what they almost did right with Jeen. But even that got bogged down eventually with Phoenix stuff.

Not even a question.

Jean. Easy. Not Even Close.

Only people who can even attempt to hang with Jean is X and maybe Nate Grey when was in his prime.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Couldn't one argue that making the Phoenix a separate entity from Jean has caused some of her feats to lose credibility? If Phoenix had still been the culmination of her psychic potential, this discussion would be over, but Marvel retcons the Phoenix too regularly. And Jeen is being used to raise a separate potential within Jean, so clearly Marvel has no idea what they want.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Emma was way powered up after Jean died. It was clear during Morrison's run and Endsong that Jean was more powerful. In Endsong it was clear that Emma was not omega level and could not contain the Phoenix. Later, she was powered up to being able to perform global telepathic feats without cerebro and to be able to match Exodus. Emma and Betsy have both been labeled omega level telepaths even though they previously were not.

Even in the early to mid-90s, Jean was shown to be able to shut down minds telepathically and to be able to psi-blast multiple people. In the late 90s, she was able to search the globe with her telepathy without cerebro.

It is generally accepted that Jean and Rachel have more raw power than Emma, although Emma is very powerful. Emma is also very skilled and less scrupulous in the use of her powers.

Further, I'm not sure I accept the idea that the Phoenix discredits Jean or her power stunts at all. Her "Phoenix Potential" as Xavier called it in New X-Men is a part of her character. It is part of her mutation to be able to access the Phoenix Force. No one has a problem with DarkStar accessing the Dark Force or argues that she doesn't have any power on her own.

Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 01-13-2018 at 12:25 PM.

rutog98:

Come on man, Jean is superior to Emma everyone knows, except the Emma fans.

For me, making a random list of telepaths that come to mind would put them like that.

Xavier >>>> CNova> SKing >>> Mr X> Jean Gray = Exodus> X-Man > Sinister> Kid Omega > Rachel >> Emma = MissSnister> 3 little Emmas> Psylocke> Danny Moostar (empowered> karma> NoGirl> Blindfold> Selne = M> Artie
    That's not even close to true. Emma and Exodus have stalemated before. Even Jean is above Exodus' paygrade. Emma's held off the Phoenix longer than Quire. She, through psychic projections alone, was able to engineer an entire war between Mutants and Inhumans, fooling even Black Bolt and Medusa.

Like many said already, even without the PF Jean is the stronger telepath, Emma maaaaybe comes close in terms of skill but raw power will always be Jean.

What I say is, what Emma did in IvsX does any telepath does and more, even without much experience.
    Even though Jean > Emma, comments like this make you lose any kind of credibility. Worldwide broadcasting is something not all telepaths can do, actually just top tier ones, so let's not even start with wolrdwide illusions, or even fulling people with high TP resistance like Magik, Storm or the Inhuman Royal Family.

So no, what Emma did in IvX is not something "any telepath" could do, let alone with "much experience".