Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Yeah, agreed. I only rarely get a collected edition of something I have in issues, but this might be one.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Invincible Member

Finished it today. I'm surprised how little this title is talked about among fandom.

Astonishing Member

I finished reading the final issue last night. I was a huge fan of Russell's run on Prez (which was aborted when the whole "DC You" flopped) and on The Flintstones, so I had high hopes for this series too. My assessment is that Snagglepuss was: (1) way preachy, but (2) brilliantly written (it's easy to imagine the "rel life" versions of those characters making those same witty quips that the toons do), (3) very sensitive and insightful to its subject matter, (4) funny (Nikita Khrushchev throwing corn!!), (5) poignant (constantly), (6) clever (Puss's career advice to the "Clint" character on a new way to deliver his lines), and (7) overall extremely well executed, in story and in art. If this book isn't at least in the running to pick up some major awards next year, something is seriously wrong.

Oh, and the "Sasquatch Detective" second feature was a really fun treat, like an actual animated cartoon accompanying a dramatic movie!