Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Tom King “Sanctuary”, DC Superheroes Dealing With the Mental Trauma of Violence

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...-sanctuary-dc/

This could potentially be amazing as King’s depiction of Mister Miracle dealing with depression has been some of the most powerful and tragic storytelling in years.

He mentioned working with Harley Quinn but said that it wouldn’t be in his Batman book. This may be the project that she’s featured in. If so it should be interesting to see her address the battered spouse syndrome that she dealt with for so many years.
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-13-2018 at 06:03 PM.

These are some weird comics DC is announcing. I like it

BANNED

That's cool, I wonder if it has something to do with the Booster Gold project he teased. Maybe Booster is the one running this Sanctuary

I think the premise is definitely interesting, and examining Superhero mental health is something I think is both appropriate in today's world and King's writing in general, though I can see it proving controversial depending on his handling of certain characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    That's cool, I wonder if it has something to do with the Booster Gold project he teased. Maybe Booster is the one running this Sanctuary
    Or he's one of the patients receiving counseling.

King teased Booster and Harley together on his twitter so I'm guessing this is something they'll both be in.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Cool concept. King's on fire right now, so I'm in.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Sounds interesting.

PTSD is something I'm always interested in seeing superhero comics explore. It's such a fitting topic, and the DCU is in a state of crisis every other day.....

If this turns out to be good, I'll definitely be recommending it to all my friends who are (or were) in the armed forces and various first response units.

And since its King, I expect it to be good. I'm not completely in love with his Batman but every other thing he's written that I've read has been phenomenal.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

While I definitely hope they don't get much focus, I do hope to see Bruce, Dick, Tim, and Jason in here. It's been a while since he's really done anything meaningful with Dick and Tim, and Jason could use the spotlight I think, but again, not too much of it, since there are tons of characters who definitely could (like Booster).

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...-sanctuary-dc/

This could potentially be amazing as King’s depiction of Mister Miracle dealing with depression has been some of the most powerful and tragic storytelling in years.

He mentioned working with Harley Quinn but said that it wouldn’t be in his Batman book. This may be the project that she’s featured in. If so it should be interesting to see her address the battered spouse syndrome that she dealt with for so many years.
    I would've much rather read this series rather than the bloated event comic that this mutated into.