Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

If someone can get something worthwhile out of this concept, it's King.

Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    dont take the bait.
    just ignore the trolls.
    Yep.

Just keep on truckin'.

This sounds fantastic. With King it can be something for years. I am in.

I'll check this out. I'm a big fan of King's writing. After reading Sheriff of Babylon, I think he can tackle this type of story with the respect and insight it deserves. Considering King's military background, I'm sure he's well informed on the subject. So I look forward to this one.

Count me in. I'd like to see a nice reflection of what violence inflicted by and to the hero means and does to the hero.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

You can count me in as well. This sounds like it could be really fascinating.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I rarely disagree with you, but I think a book like this is a good thing. It certainly shouldn't be the only way to do stories, but occasional realism can make for a great story. Some fans want deeper meaning and adult ideas. Some want to settle for light hearted fluff. I like the idea that every Wednesday I can get a small pile of very different types of stories.

Although I do get funny looks at my LCS when i buy Squirrel Girl and Snagglepuss at the same time.
    Lol. I can imagine.

With it being Tom King, it should be fine, though. He does really good with characterization.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Donna Troy could definitely use this series. Given her history...it's long overdue.

BANNED

I hope by the end every hero that goes in cries by the time they go out.

Emo heroes will make great stories

Yes I'm going in thinking this is a bad idea,but I will check it out and give it a shot,just don't make every hero a whiney,self conscious,mess ok

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by batfan08 View Post
    Nobody’s forcing you to read it, last time I checked. It’s not like this book is going to result in the cancellation of Super Sons or anything. Or is it just the idea that it exists that bothers you?
    Probably that.

Anyway there is nothing wrong with a book like this. Especially from the "business" side of it.

Much like with Love is Love & the 911 book that feature various guys be it other companies or one company-they are guaranteed SELLERS.

Because some school or library will order it. Because SOMEONE is going read it and probably benefit from it.

And if you wanted to introduce someone to your characters a book like this works. Because whoever you use, you are showing a different SIDE of him or her.

Lets say you use Duke Thomas-who would be a good choice with his parents. Someone reads takes an interest in Duke and now you get someone buying that Batman & Signal trade and probably other books.

Same if you use Cyborg or Jessica Cruz.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

This is a concept I think a lot of people would dig. Hope the execution pays off, look forward to checking it out.

It's an interesting to flesh out the DC universe and a flip on the JLU idea.

Swiss army nerd

Very interested in this book, and had always thought a DC hospital-based comic would be a great idea. Dealing with superhuman PTSD is a solid high concept. I also like what King said about how the facility was set up by Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. I like that he recognises their leadership role and almost parental role to the rest of the superhuman community. It'll get very interesting if we see those three get some treatment also.

And as for this "mentally defeated" crap I've seen above - bullshit. Having PTSD or any other form of mental health issue is not being mentally defeated. Overcoming these issues is, however, a massive feat of mental strength. King is just exploring another facet of heroism here. If you think people with PTSD can't be heroes, please, go down to your local veterans centre or talk to ex-servicemen and women and see how long it takes before you get punched in the face. And I'm saying this as someone who's vaguely anti-military worship.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Many of the greatest soldiers in our own history have suffered with PTSD, so it's nonsensical to think superheroes wouldn't have to deal with it. If it's done right, I'm more than okay with it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...-sanctuary-dc/

This could potentially be amazing as King’s depiction of Mister Miracle dealing with depression has been some of the most powerful and tragic storytelling in years.

He mentioned working with Harley Quinn but said that it wouldn’t be in his Batman book. This may be the project that she’s featured in. If so it should be interesting to see her address the battered spouse syndrome that she dealt with for so many years.
    I would've much rather read this series rather than the bloated event comic that this mutated into.