Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I don't mind Hank Pym not creating Ultron as it will give the filmmakers room to explorer other neglected avenues of the character.
    It is much cleaner to have it come from Tony. Maybe if they'd gotten Ant Man done when the project first went into development.

It also seems with the casting of a 70 year old as Hank that the character will be fairly different than what we've seen in the books. I can do without the domestic abuser with multiple personalities anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    She indiscriminately hates on anything MCU it seems like. Ultrons older and compelling in his own ways. Vision adds to it becoming the icing on the cake in Ultrons comic history IMO. Great villain and looks bad ass on that cover. Ultron is more then a robot he becomes a sentient lifeform with Convictions. His convictions just happen to be that Humans are horrible and need to be exterminated(For the most part). Tries to pass that onto an ultimate creation of his own, who questions those convictions and with the help of the Avengers develops convictions of his own. Mostly due to the fact that unlike Ultron, Vision has a Human Conscience. Ultron is also deceptive and creative in ways you don't see in terminator or any Robot based Sci-Fi for the most part. Don't know if he will be sentient in Avengers2 but I hope so. Ultron is a lot more complex then some computer program that's see humans as a threat to themselves. So the only way to protect them is to kill them or imprison them. If they go that route id be mad. I don't think they will though since the characters history is so deep and wheedon is pretty creative guy.
    Yeah, I like how human Ultron is. I do hope that the character sees Tony as it's father the way the comic book one did with Pym.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Wait just a minute.

Look at the bottom left credits, why is robert downey credited as ultron and iron man?!
    It's just the wording. Re-read it and you'll see the actual intent as:

Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, (There is no actor pictured so no name is listed) Ultron and Chris Evans as Captain America
    They don't have any actor on the page to attribute him to, so they didn't list one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Wow so you are saying Avengers is ripping off DoFP too!?

Time to boycott!
    Actualy Ultron is older then both of them, So I don't know where your going with this. DOFP is from 81 I belive and Terminator later the same decade. Ultron has been around since like 68 or 69'. Terminators story is very similar to DOFP minus some key aspects. So I see what Jorge is saying. Ultron only shares the Machines take over the wolrd aspect. Which Ultron did before Cameron and plenty of Authors did before Ultron was created. Its the depth of the character that make him great. He pretty much has a soul, it just a twisted logic based version of Hank Pyms soul.

Wow so you are saying Avengers is ripping off DoFP too!?

Time to boycott!
    PS - my daughter and step daughter are huge MLP fans. They live on their iPads making fan flicks.

Recently my son asked me what kind of a mythical creature I'd want to be. I said a Pegasus. From the back seat I hear my daughter say "Daddy's a Bronie". LOL

Actualy Ultron is older then both of them, So I don't know where your going with this. DOFP is from 81 I belive and Terminator later the same decade. Ultron has been around since like 68 or 69'. Terminators story is very similar to DOFP minus some key aspects. So I see what Jorge is saying. Ultron only shares the Machines take over the wolrd aspect. Which Ultron did before Cameron and plenty of Authors did before Ultron was created. Its the depth of the character that make him great. He pretty much has a soul, it just a twisted logic based version of Hank Pyms soul.
    I know, I am poking fun at people who claim that because Thanos is going to appear first, Darkseid will be seen as a rip-off by the public.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I think it is the Age of Ultron story arc we're talking about. Since the movie shares a name I think there might be an expectation that time correction might play a factor. I haven't personally read anything that says there is time travel.

I know, I am poking fun at people who claim that because Thanos is going to appear first, Darkseid will be seen as a rip-off by the public.
    Oh, if Darkseid is used in JLA he will absolutely be seen as a rip off by the 99% of movie going audiences who have no clue about either character outside of the films. Audiences probably won't care much - but they'll think it.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I don't mind Hank Pym not creating Ultron as it will give the filmmakers room to explorer other neglected avenues of the character.
    If we are all being honest it has never made much sense that Pym would have the knowledge to create Ultron in the first place. Even in the comics Pym was always more of biochemist and organic scientist than someone who was mechanical or tech guy
    . I know it has changed over the years but to me Stark was always the more logical one to have created something like Ultron.

Looks amazing, much better than those faceless Sentinels in Days of Futures Past. Part of what makes Ultron so great is that he has a personality to some extent. It's still robotic, but it's a personality none-the-less and one I look forward to seeing in a full-length movie.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    If we are all being honest it has never made much sense that Pym would have the knowledge to create Ultron in the first place. Even in the comics Pym was always more of biochemist and organic scientist than someone who was mechanical or tech guy
    . I know it has changed over the years but to me Stark was always the more logical one to have created something like Ultron.
    Roy Thomas science! Gotta love it! But heck, they started making lifelike androids in Marvel in the 1940s. You could probably get instructions out of the back of magazine by the 1960s.

BANNED

She indiscriminately hates on anything MCU it seems like. Ultrons older and compelling in his own ways. Vision adds to it becoming the icing on the cake in Ultrons comic history IMO. Great villain and looks bad ass on that cover. Ultron is more then a robot he becomes a sentient lifeform with Convictions. His convictions just happen to be that Humans are horrible and need to be exterminated(For the most part). Tries to pass that onto an ultimate creation of his own, who questions those convictions and with the help of the Avengers develops convictions of his own. Mostly due to the fact that unlike Ultron, Vision has a Human Conscience. Ultron is also deceptive and creative in ways you don't see in terminator or any Robot based Sci-Fi for the most part. Don't know if he will be sentient in Avengers2 but I hope so. Ultron is a lot more complex then some computer program that's see humans as a threat to themselves. So the only way to protect them is to kill them or imprison them. If they go that route id be mad. I don't think they will though since the characters history is so deep and wheedon is pretty creative guy.
    Great points but the other aspects I enjoy Ultron most is despite his singular goal of wiping out organics and claiming to be an emotionless being he's a hypocrite that still burns with a hatred against his creator while seeking to create a family of his own creation with personality of all the people that have affected him on some emotional level.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Oh, if Darkseid is used in JLA he will absolutely be seen as a rip off by the 99% of movie going audiences who have no clue about either character outside of the films. Audiences probably won't care much - but they'll think it.
    Except Darkseid has appeared in media from the 70's where Thanos barely appears in any Marvel cartoons. Not to mention Darkseid is going to appear in the full-fledged villain role before Thanos whom they are saving for Avengers 3.

For Ultron there is a serious problem that he is going to become another vanilla Marvel villain. He won't have the Antman back story so unless they transplant it to Stark...we are already at a bad point.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    It is much cleaner to have it come from Tony. Maybe if they'd gotten Ant Man done when the project first went into development.

It also seems with the casting of a 70 year old as Hank that the character will be fairly different than what we've seen in the books. I can do without the domestic abuser with multiple personalities anyways.
    I doubt neither of these traits/storylines were ever going to appear in a Marvel film anyway given the controversial nature of those issues.

I think Pym is probably a cross between reclusive mad scientist Doc Brown from Back To The Future and Liam Neeson's ex-CIA man from Taken given what we know of the plot so far.

Except Darkseid has appeared in media from the 70's where Thanos barely appears in any Marvel cartoons. Not to mention Darkseid is going to appear in the full-fledged villain role before Thanos whom they are saving for Avengers 3.
    t.
    Oh boy! You want this really bad don't you? Sure, I tap. Uncle!!!