https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...december-2017/

no scarlet spider
    troo fan or death

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    no scarlet spider
    Or RYV

10Char

Bit surprised at the lack of a sustained legacy bump for Spectacular (it had an increase just before.) And the numbers for the Miles Morales books by Bendis are pretty low. I'm worried about what will happen with that book with a less notable writer.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Two Spider-Man comics in the Top 10 and one more in the Top 20.
    Great sales for the main Spider-Man series.
    Was thinking that Spider-Man/Deadpool would have a much better placement in December sales because it´s a 25th issue and the creative team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Bit surprised at the lack of a sustained legacy bump for Spectacular (it had an increase just before.) And the numbers for the Miles Morales books by Bendis are pretty low. I'm worried about what will happen with that book with a less notable writer.
    I don't think they'll ever let Miles go without a fight. He probably continue with another well-known. He's too important at pulling in the newer, younger readers.

Well, Venom Inc. seems to have done ASM some good, though the actual Venom book not so much...

I wonder how well Marvel was expecting Spider-Men II to do?

That I don't understand. Why would ASM readers not pick up those Venom issues? They're only getting half the story that way. Readers should either skip the ASM issues or pick up the Venom issues - so their numbers should be similar. Either shops underordered Venom or they're going to have rejected ASM pulls.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    no scarlet spider

Well Novembers good showing was in large part due to the "Legacy" lenticular variant cover so it shouldn't be too surprising as i haven't seen a book yet that has benefited after that sales bump.

The book could possibly get another bump from "damnation" as well but even if it doesn't i see one more arc after that event for PAD to wrap things up. All things considered around twenty issues wouldn't bee too bad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That I don't understand. Why would ASM readers not pick up those Venom issues? They're only getting half the story that way. Readers should either skip the ASM issues or pick up the Venom issues - so their numbers should be similar. Either shops underordered Venom or they're going to have rejected ASM pulls.
    Or the ASM readers does not buy the Venom issues. I did, but in the past sometimes i refused to buy the crossover. I just read the actual series and tried to understand the whole storyline without reading the other series. Its no fun, but there are many reasons why people do that. Money, idealistic choices, dislike of certain character, missing the book because its not in the pull list, dislike of crossovers....

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Miles is getting a movie next year and Bendis has already said at editors at marvel told him they will treat his characters like riri and miles safe.

I'm more concerned about RYV's fate. But I guess as long as peter and mj get back together in the main universe, it doesn't matter that much(probably doesn't help that I'm one of the people not buying RYV, but that book just isn't that good to me, I more so liked the first arc and the premise)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    ...I'm more concerned about RYV's fate. But I guess as long as peter and mj get back together in the main universe, it doesn't matter that much(probably doesn't help that I'm one of the people not buying RYV, but that book just isn't that good to me, I more so liked the first arc and the premise)
    I hate to say this, but their rumored reunion could be another bait and switch on the part of those in charge of Marvel. After all, nothing has been said officially yet.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm more concerned about RYV's fate. But I guess as long as peter and mj get back together in the main universe, it doesn't matter that much(probably doesn't help that I'm one of the people not buying RYV, but that book just isn't that good to me, I more so liked the first arc and the premise)
    I still don't trust where Marvel and Slott are going with that. RYV is still essential if "Go Down Swinging" proves to be just a tease before yet much deconstruction.

A.K.A what Celgress just said.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 01-15-2018 at 09:06 AM.

BANNED

102 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN RENEW YOUR VOWS #14

119 BEN REILLY SCARLET SPIDER #11

121 BEN REILLY SCARLET SPIDER #12

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...-dollar-chart/

BANNED

Shame that RYV didn't retain its Legacy boost.

I get the feeling Miles is going to really struggle post-Bendis, unless they give him another high-profile writer.