Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64
  1. #1
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    7,808

    Default Spider-Title Placements in The Top 100 For December 2017

    7. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VENOM INC ALPHA #1
    10. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #792
    13. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #793
    40. VENOM #159
    54. PETER PARKER SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #298
    61. SPIDER-MEN II #5
    69. SPIDER-MAN #235
    74. SPIDER-MAN DEADPOOL #25
    83. SPIDER-GWEN #27

    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...december-2017/

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    7. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VENOM INC ALPHA #1
    10. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #792
    13. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #793
    40. VENOM #159
    54. PETER PARKER SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #298
    61. SPIDER-MEN II #5
    69. SPIDER-MAN #235
    74. SPIDER-MAN DEADPOOL #25
    83. SPIDER-GWEN #27

    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...december-2017/

    no scarlet spider
    troo fan or death

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    7,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    no scarlet spider
    Or RYV

    10Char

  4. #4

    Default

    Bit surprised at the lack of a sustained legacy bump for Spectacular (it had an increase just before.) And the numbers for the Miles Morales books by Bendis are pretty low. I'm worried about what will happen with that book with a less notable writer.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

  5. #5
    Mighty Member whiteshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,821

    Default

    Two Spider-Man comics in the Top 10 and one more in the Top 20.
    Great sales for the main Spider-Man series.
    Was thinking that Spider-Man/Deadpool would have a much better placement in December sales because its a 25th issue and the creative team.

  6. #6
    Incredible Member frizb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Bit surprised at the lack of a sustained legacy bump for Spectacular (it had an increase just before.) And the numbers for the Miles Morales books by Bendis are pretty low. I'm worried about what will happen with that book with a less notable writer.
    I don't think they'll ever let Miles go without a fight. He probably continue with another well-known. He's too important at pulling in the newer, younger readers.

  7. #7
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    32,954

    Default

    Well, Venom Inc. seems to have done ASM some good, though the actual Venom book not so much...

    I wonder how well Marvel was expecting Spider-Men II to do?

  8. #8
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    11,645

    Default

    That I don't understand. Why would ASM readers not pick up those Venom issues? They're only getting half the story that way. Readers should either skip the ASM issues or pick up the Venom issues - so their numbers should be similar. Either shops underordered Venom or they're going to have rejected ASM pulls.

  9. #9
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    no scarlet spider


    Well Novembers good showing was in large part due to the "Legacy" lenticular variant cover so it shouldn't be too surprising as i haven't seen a book yet that has benefited after that sales bump.


    The book could possibly get another bump from "damnation" as well but even if it doesn't i see one more arc after that event for PAD to wrap things up. All things considered around twenty issues wouldn't bee too bad.

  10. #10
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That I don't understand. Why would ASM readers not pick up those Venom issues? They're only getting half the story that way. Readers should either skip the ASM issues or pick up the Venom issues - so their numbers should be similar. Either shops underordered Venom or they're going to have rejected ASM pulls.
    Or the ASM readers does not buy the Venom issues. I did, but in the past sometimes i refused to buy the crossover. I just read the actual series and tried to understand the whole storyline without reading the other series. Its no fun, but there are many reasons why people do that. Money, idealistic choices, dislike of certain character, missing the book because its not in the pull list, dislike of crossovers....

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Bit surprised at the lack of a sustained legacy bump for Spectacular (it had an increase just before.) And the numbers for the Miles Morales books by Bendis are pretty low. I'm worried about what will happen with that book with a less notable writer.
    Miles is getting a movie next year and Bendis has already said at editors at marvel told him they will treat his characters like riri and miles safe.


    I'm more concerned about RYV's fate. But I guess as long as peter and mj get back together in the main universe, it doesn't matter that much(probably doesn't help that I'm one of the people not buying RYV, but that book just isn't that good to me, I more so liked the first arc and the premise)

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    ...I'm more concerned about RYV's fate. But I guess as long as peter and mj get back together in the main universe, it doesn't matter that much(probably doesn't help that I'm one of the people not buying RYV, but that book just isn't that good to me, I more so liked the first arc and the premise)
    I hate to say this, but their rumored reunion could be another bait and switch on the part of those in charge of Marvel. After all, nothing has been said officially yet.
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    7,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm more concerned about RYV's fate. But I guess as long as peter and mj get back together in the main universe, it doesn't matter that much(probably doesn't help that I'm one of the people not buying RYV, but that book just isn't that good to me, I more so liked the first arc and the premise)
    I still don't trust where Marvel and Slott are going with that. RYV is still essential if "Go Down Swinging" proves to be just a tease before yet much deconstruction.

    A.K.A what Celgress just said.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 01-15-2018 at 09:06 AM.

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    7,808

    Default

    102 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN RENEW YOUR VOWS #14

    119 BEN REILLY SCARLET SPIDER #11

    121 BEN REILLY SCARLET SPIDER #12

    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...-dollar-chart/

  15. #15
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,563

    Default

    Shame that RYV didn't retain its Legacy boost.

    I get the feeling Miles is going to really struggle post-Bendis, unless they give him another high-profile writer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •