Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'll add that people say Ben needs to be different from Peter while ignoring the fact he already has been established as being different from Peter. Ben's five years on the road forged him into his own unique character as did his later acceptance of the fact he is a clone and has to create a life of his own as best he can. I say if it ain't broke don't try to fix it.

i can agree with that.

i think the amount of ben fans out there is underestimated. got no proof, but i feel that there was a big enough base to launch from had they gone a more “classic” route
    troo fan or death

BANNED

Rich ponders why Marvel aren't cancelling their low selling units

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...elling-comics/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

If the marriage was restored, RYV could just be rebranded as Spider-Girl, with Annie as the main character. Annie can't exist in 616, at least not in her teenage form, as it would mean Peter becoming Spider-Man before the Fantastic Four existed.
    Personally, I don't care much for Peter and MJ's daughter, more so the relationship itself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Personally, I don't care much for Peter and MJ's daughter, more so the relationship itself.
    Yeah, the only reason for Annie becoming part of 616 would be to play up the will they/won't they drama of Peter and MJ, and if the marriage is coming back, there's little point in having her there so the two can reconnect and "work past their differences" in order to mentor her until her actual parents pick her up.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, the only reason for Annie becoming part of 616 would be to play up the will they/won't they drama of Peter and MJ, and if the marriage is coming back, there's little point in having her there so the two can reconnect and "work past their differences" in order to mentor her until her actual parents pick her up.
    I don't think we need more AU leftovers in the main Marvel Universe at this point.

A Spider-Girl on the Exiles might be cool though...

I wasn't suggesting Annie come to 616. Like I said, the maths won't add up for it, she'd have to revert to her 8 year old version. But it won't make sense to keep RYV as it is if the marriage is back in 616. Annie would stay in her current universe and remain an AU book, like Mayday, the original Spider-Girl, was.

Probably a moot point anyway as I think the wedding they advertised was Piotr and Kitty, in X-Men Gold #30.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wasn't suggesting Annie come to 616. Like I said, the maths won't add up for it, she'd have to revert to her 8 year old version. But it won't make sense to keep RYV as it is if the marriage is back in 616. Annie would stay in her current universe and remain an AU book, like Mayday, the original Spider-Girl, was.

Probably a moot point anyway as I think the wedding they advertised was Piotr and Kitty, in X-Men Gold #30.
    I agree that the wedding will be related to Kitty and X-Men Gold, my point was guessing slott is just bringing back the relationship. Slott said numerous times on here that Marvel is ok with Peter and MJ being a couple, they just don't want them married.

Thumbs up

I don't like Annie either at least as a teen, but that's just me.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

I agree that the wedding will be related to Kitty and X-Men Gold, my point was guessing slott is just bringing back the relationship. Slott said numerous times on here that Marvel is ok with Peter and MJ being a couple, they just don't want them married.
    I remember Slott was coyly teasing Peter and MJ would get back together eventually last year, saying something along the lines of "I envision some other writer will put them back together, but they won't be married". He probably knew back then who the new writer of ASM would be, and now he could be clearing the way for that writer to use Peter and MJ as a couple as a "favor" to him.

Remember, back when Howard Mackie was departing, he set up Peter and MJ together, but JMS specifically requested he keep them separated at the end so he could tell a better love story between them. Perhaps the new ASM writer has requested Peter and MJ be in a certain place for him to use right off the bat.

Astonishing Member

Peter Parker: The spectaculare Spider-Man selling so low is disappointing. I like that title very much and thought it would sell at least the numbers ASM is doing....

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Peter Parker: The spectaculare Spider-Man selling so low is disappointing. I like that title very much and thought it would sell at least the numbers ASM is doing....
    I really have grown to enjoy the title as well; it has become more enjoyable than ASM for me ever since PPSSM #4 but there is no way it would ever sell more than ASM on a regular basis. Having said that, this seems like an unusually sharp drop; I am sure #300 will sell very well and then let's see where the book eventually finds it's own level.

Something else to consider is that there will evidently be a new creative team on ASM at some point in 2018, so that might effect sales for PPSSM one way or the other.....

Astonishing Member

I never considered it would sell better than ASM, but maybe almost as good. The drop was hard, i cannot imagine what caused it. Its definitley a fine book. The interview with JJJ-Spidey and the issue after that were my favorit since a long time of Spidey books.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I never considered it would sell better than ASM, but maybe almost as good. The drop was hard, i cannot imagine what caused it. Its definitley a fine book. The interview with JJJ-Spidey and the issue after that were my favorit since a long time of Spidey books.
    I agree; however, it looks like most Marvel books had a steep decline in Dec. Let's see what Jan and Feb sales look like before drawing any conclusions about the title.

Astonishing Member

Yes, we have to wait, but a title seldomly regains his readership.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    102 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN RENEW YOUR VOWS #14

119 BEN REILLY SCARLET SPIDER #11

121 BEN REILLY SCARLET SPIDER #12

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...-dollar-chart/
    Arguably the two best Spider-books on the market.

Just goes to show that comic readers will always have a bias against non-616 books because they're "not real."