View Poll Results: Whose side do you choose in the upcoming flash war?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barry

18 24.00%
  • Wally

39 52.00%
  • Unable to decide

9 12.00%
  • a stalemate

9 12.00%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Hang on... You're telling me Wally has a Past... I'm more Surprised Wally has a past to have that in it, considering all we know about him in this timeline is that Wally was Kid Flash and is now the Flash, because as far as the DCU at large is concerned atm, Wally West only started existing after the Events of Rebirth #1
    As story goes now, Wally lived his life normally and formed the Titans until he got lost on the speed force due to Kadabra/Manhattan, whoever. Later he returned.

Due to the sliding timeline nature of comics, the period in which he was lost is going to get smaller and smaller and matters little.

However, a heart condition put in him while he was Kid Flash establishes that he's been the inferior speedster from the start opf his career till now. And that, I feel, has to go.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I'm saying that he should be held accountable because he timetraveled and had he not, New 52 wouldnt have happened. I think he should be given a light slap on the wrist, told not to do it again, the League put some safeguards in place to stop anything like Flashpoint happening again... That or destroy the Cosmic Treadmill, that would be enough to have me accept Flashpoint ruined everything and not blame Barry for it (as much)... Hell, I might even be able to accept him again and move on from Flashpoint.
    The heroes just might NEED the Cosmic Treadmill again one day...to save the Multiverse/timeline for the umpteenth time. It's kind of like the Ultimate Nullifier at this point: you're wary of having it around, but you know that you just might need it.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    The heroes just might NEED the Cosmic Treadmill again one day...to save the Multiverse/timeline for the umpteenth time. It's kind of like the Ultimate Nullifier at this point: you're wary of having it around, but you know that you just might need it.

Then put Safeguards on Timetravelling or on the Treadmill- Make it so the Treadmill requires Two People to Authorise it's use. I'll be far more willing to let go of Flashpoint if DC stop treating Barry as a saint despite it, acknowledge he messed up people's lives however accidentally it may be and do something to stop it happening again. As much as I hate the TV Show's version of Flashpoint at least Barry got some reprocussions from it.
    Last edited by Denirac; 01-14-2018 at 04:09 PM.

it would be nice if they had the balls to actually give the ball back to wally for a bit. not to say i'm expecting such. but since his return, barry has been a really awful hero. i don't think he deserves to wear the insignia anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    it would be nice if they had the balls to actually give the ball back to wally for a bit. not to say i'm expecting such. but since his return, barry has been a really awful hero.i don't think he deserves to wear the insignia anymore.
    This Guy gets it. Maybe I'm not alone on disliking Barry currently after all, I mean, I'm not sure I'd go that far as to stop him being the Flash but still, even just Barry taking a break to get himself back to the way he used to be, maybe go out on a Trip round the world helping the little guy, while doing some soul searching. Or send him back into the Speed Force and use it to help him get over his mother's death, sending him back with a similar personality to Pre-Crisis Barry
    Last edited by Denirac; 01-14-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

This Guy gets it. Maybe I'm not alone on disliking Barry currently after all, I mean, I'm not sure I'd go that far as to stop him being the Flash but still, even just Barry taking a break to get himself back to the way he used to be, maybe go out on a Trip round the world helping the little guy, while doing some soul searching. Or send him back into the Speed Force and use it to help him get over his mother's death, sending him back with a similar personality to Pre-Crisis Barry
    That went so well when they did that with Superman Pre-Flashpoint that, of course, it is the perfect idea for Flash.

I think that Williamson is doing a great job in getting Barry back to his old self and undoing the damage that previous writers have done.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    I think that Williamson is doing a great job in getting Barry back to his old self and undoing the damage that previous writers have done.
    Manapul and Booch also wrote a nice Barry, but their hands were kind of tied, sadly.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Oh I blame Eobard for Barry's Mother's Death. But I dont blame him for Flashpoint because in that story he never ACTIVELY does anything wrong- Barry's Mother was already dead and we knew that from Flash Rebirth, its not like Thawne killed Nora in that story- The Point is that Barry Allen messed with the Timeline to do undo something WITHOUT thinking about how it would affect the future and it ruined lives. Eobard when he killed Nora, knew exactly the consequences of his actions and planned for them to occur.
    Lol the whole bit that Eobard knew what he was doing makes no sense. the mere fact that Eobard went back and made such a drastic changed should have Flashpointed the DCU from the first Flash-rebirth like season 1 of the Flash tv series, but no they let him kill Nora like that wasnt a huge change in Barrys life.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

There have been numerous time travel stories in The Flash going way back into the silver age and carrying into Wally’s run. Never once was there massive problems until Geoff Johns decided to write his stupid Flashpoint story. No,
    Barry Allen should not be blamed for that garbage and this is coming from someone who grew up with and loves Wally West.
    Flashpoint was not meant to change the entire DCU, if you read Flashpoint in its entirety, no were did the book hint at a reboot or merging on timelines that was literally tacked on at the end.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

In the latest issue, in fact, Barry spoilers:
    looks and sounds like his classic Silver Age self, right down to wearing a bow tie!
    end of spoilers

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Flashpoint was not meant to change the entire DCU, if you read Flashpoint in its entirety, no were did the book hint at a reboot or merging on timelines that was literally tacked on at the end.
    I understand that and I did read it but it’s sort of a mute point because it did lead to rebooting the DCU.

I'm on Wally's side because Barry's Flashpoint cost him so much so I can get why he's angry. However if it were an option I'm on Thawne's side for this battle. Because Thawne didnt 'do' anything to cause Flashpoint or this little family dispute. Barry ruined Wally's Life when he messed with Time- Like an Amateur and saved his Mother, so if this is Wally holding him accountable for the fact that Barry erased his family then I'm very happy to finally see that happen
    Sorry, Barry did exactly what he was supposed to do.

Time-traveling superheroes are not supposed to go into the past and "fix" events that they disapprove of (Lincoln's assassination, the burning of the Library at Alexandra) - except in one case: if an evil time-traveling supervillain goes into the past and changes the timeline from what it was (especially to introduce horrific events that did not happen the first time around), time-traveling superheroes are supposed to go back and reverse those malicious changes, restoring the timeline to what it was. That's their job. Time-traveling superheroes, including the Flash, have been doing this for decades.

The ugly alternative is that supervillains get to mess around in the timeline in any repulsive way they want, and heroes can't do a thing about it. That's nihilistic, not superheroic.

In the case of Barry Allen, the fact that these changes to the past - the murder of his mother, the framing and imprisonment of his father - had a personal impact is just icing on the cake. He should have gone back to restore the timeline even if that happened to somebody else's family.

The fact that DC "changed the rules," so that the Reverse-Flash's changes couldn't be changed back, and that trying to do so - as a superhero should - "breaks time," is neither his fault, nor something that he could know about. And as a hero, his job is to overcome even that obstacle (with the help of his friends, if necessary) - not to turn his back and say, welp, guess there's nothin' we can do about this travesty!

Barry had no idea that trying to fix and evil change to the past caused by a time-traveling supervillain "just couldn't work and would mess up time," and he certainly had no idea that it would impact Wally's family. Yet people seem to want to treat him as if he did this on purpose, or even recklessly, neither of which is true.

No, it's not Barry Allen's fault. He was trying to do exactly what he was supposed to do. The DCU is just written that way, unfortunately.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

I can't answer this question until I know what the conflict is about.

But I have to say that this isn't a direction I want these characters headed in. (Of course, the Justice League, including Barry, just spanked the Titans, including Wally, for making mistakes of the kind every member of the League has made multiple times. So pointless conflict between them is already in the air.) Maybe it will be a great story, but for me it's starting out with a deficit.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What?!? You sound like you're thinking like me!

(There might be negative consequences for doing that around here.)
    well what do you know you must be mr. stupid for hanging around a thread you think is stupid or maybe you're interested in a debate on the topic no matter how much you think DC is stupid for having a flash war and as for context its clear from interviews we won't have to wait for long as the flash annual at the end of month is going to provide some clues and context which you are asking for. if you do take that into account you won't find it so premature that I made this thread.