Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

An interpretation of Diana's prowess that I always appreciated too was that in the animated JL an JLU series, the creators purposefully had Diana as the best multiple opponent melee fighter by consistently pitting her against groups of characters in the series. It's subtle, but shows up in the action pieces in the episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Yeah, Diana is definitely super-powered enough and martially-skilled enough to take on Kryptonians. It's a shame that Justice League underpowered her in that regard to promote Superman as "The Man." <sigh>

Supergirl, Superboy, and Power Girl, obviously can take on other Kryptonians, but I'd extend that other characters too, in an "any given Sunday" scenario, that they can physically stop and contain Kryptonians as well. It just makes things more interesting if Daxamites, Martians, Shazam and his siblings, Black Adam, Isis, Osiris, Maxima, Lobo, Wonder Woman, Troia, and Wonder Girl can all hold their own against one another to a certain degree.
    Yes, I agree. Even if not the exact strength level, they can hold their own, at least for a short time, against the stronger beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, I agree. Even if not the exact strength level, they can hold their own, at least for a short time, against the stronger beings.
    I have to give Lobo a bit more of an advantage over most of them, as he's constantly getting into major brawls and has a ridiculous regenerating factor. And despite his general personality, is actually quite the genius. Even has done a number on Supes a number of times. Though I give Diana the better tactical fighter.

I don't know much about Lobo, except super strong, can survive in space and can regenerate, but I don't know at which rate or from how severe an injury.

I don't know much about Lobo, except super strong, can survive in space and can regenerate, but I don't know at which rate or from how severe an injury.
    He's literally regenerated from a pool of blood. And quite rapidly too. He can't regenerate clothes (not that he cares much), but otherwise... One comic to look at what The Mask and Lobo crossover. And its as zany and out of control as it sounds. One panel even has them both as heads chatting at one another, waiting for their bodies to regenerate.

Oh, and Lobo is immortal. He's been banned from both Heaven and Hell for being too much of a troublemaker. So, he's alive until the end of time. Or erased from reality. Even claims to have a certificate to prove it.

Thanks, Jackalope.

Is Lobo chain magical or made of some sort of special metal?

Czarnians are naturally super-strong and have amazing regenerative powers. But, they were killable. Lobo isn't.

Lobo has been around long enough to have developed considerable skill as a melee fighter, even if he's not a proper martial artist. which WW should be.

But wait when the movie came out they called Diana the best fighter in the DCU. But it doesn’t matter. I wonder what about her white suit area ? By that I mean should Diana still know Kung fu?

Thanks, Jackalope.

Is Lobo chain magical or made of some sort of special metal?
    Just really strong metal, I believe.

Also to note; he's not all bad. He has a thing for space dolphins. They're about the one thing throughout time and space he will go out of his way to protect. In fact, in Justice League of America, he and Black Canary actually go to their homeworld to help them out. Revealing a bit of Lobo's past as well.

Some people here are saying the only way WW has a chance of beating a Kryptonian is because of her skill/combat/lasso or whatever but never acknowledge that she has strength and power feats on par and above some Kryptonians like Supergirl,Power Girl, etc. Last time I checked, WW had super strength too. She easily overpowered Supergirl in N52 and has shown to go toe-to-toe with a bloodlusted going all out Superman. She has also taken hits from beings and things far stronger than Kryptonians.
    Last edited by greymoon; 05-01-2018 at 06:26 AM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

This was already settled in the Justice League movie. Kryptonian wins in a matter of seconds. Not even close!

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    This was already settled in the Justice League movie. Kryptonian wins in a matter of seconds. Not even close!
    This was already settled in Superman/Wonder Woman - Diana takes on Zod and Faora without breaking a sweat.

This was already settled when Diana took out Supergirl.

This was already settled when Diana took out Power Girl.

This was already settled when Diana took out Superman in Sacrifice and in Injustice.

It doesn't work that way.

For every example of 'Kryptonian beats Wonder Woman', there are examples of 'Wonder Woman beats/ties Kryptonian.'

No single example can settle the question, which DC intentionally keeps vague so they can let the story dictate the winner

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    This was already settled in Superman/Wonder Woman - Diana takes on Zod and Faora without breaking a sweat.

This was already settled when Diana took out Supergirl.

This was already settled when Diana took out Power Girl.

This was already settled when Diana took out Superman in Sacrifice and in Injustice.

It doesn't work that way.

For every example of 'Kryptonian beats Wonder Woman', there are examples of 'Wonder Woman beats/ties Kryptonian.'

No single example can settle the question, which DC intentionally keeps vague so they can let the story dictate the winner
    As gets stated here time and time again, which medium has Wonder Woman reached the most?

In this case that would be the movie. The millions of dollars and viewers that seen the movie would lend credence to this theory. We only get comic book readers in the thousands.

So, yes, it was settled on a worldly scale that a Kryptonian will destroy Diana within seconds.

I mean it is the same argument people make against my flying issue since not many people read comics to know she flys, even though she does on the animated shows all the time, post Superfriends.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Being defeated by a Kryptonian in a movie in one scene doesn't seem to have negatively impacted her popularity in any way. Even if the matter is "settled" we are still getting a franchise for her.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Being defeated by a Kryptonian in a movie in one scene doesn't seem to have negatively impacted her popularity in any way. Even if the matter is "settled" we are still getting a franchise for her.
    Never said it impacted her popularity. Only that the matter is settled for most people that have seen the movie versus the people that have read comic books.