Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by greymoon View Post
    Some people here are saying the only way WW has a chance of beating a Kryptonian is because of her skill/combat/lasso or whatever but never acknowledge that she has strength and power feats on par and above some Kryptonians like Supergirl,Power Girl, etc. Last time I checked, WW had super strength too. She easily overpowered Supergirl in N52 and has shown to go toe-to-toe with a bloodlusted going all out Superman. She has also taken hits from beings and things far stronger than Kryptonians.
    I been sayin' all this, so I gets your angst. The best part is--ya know the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    This was already settled in Superman/Wonder Woman - Diana takes on Zod and Faora without breaking a sweat.

This was already settled when Diana took out Supergirl.

This was already settled when Diana took out Power Girl.

This was already settled when Diana took out Superman in Sacrifice and in Injustice.

It doesn't work that way.

For every example of 'Kryptonian beats Wonder Woman', there are examples of 'Wonder Woman beats/ties Kryptonian.'

No single example can settle the question, which DC intentionally keeps vague so they can let the story dictate the winner
    "Hi-Five" to you, Gaelforce! I am with you.

The way I see it, Wonder Woman may be under Superman in strength a little, a tiny little, but she can certainly fight him and even win.

All the rest, especially Kryptonians and Daxamite women, Wonder Woman is stronger than them all shown so far. This includes Supergirl, Power Girl and Faora. WW is probably just a tad stronger than Zod, the same tad WW is weaker than Supes.

I believe WW to be the strongest DC female character. Superheroine #1!!

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    As gets stated here time and time again, which medium has Wonder Woman reached the most?

In this case that would be the movie. The millions of dollars and viewers that seen the movie would lend credence to this theory. We only get comic book readers in the thousands.

So, yes, it was settled on a worldly scale that a Kryptonian will destroy Diana within seconds.

I mean it is the same argument people make against my flying issue since not many people read comics to know she flys, even though she does on the animated shows all the time, post Superfriends.
    I'm really not familiar with this 'rule.'

In BvS, Diana took on Doomsday, the creature that killed Superman, without a scratch and, if Clark hadn't been bent on martyrdom, probably could have killed it with that spear and survived.

But there's no doubt Diana came out on top of that exchange as she hacked bits of it off, so Diana>Kryptonian hybrid Superman-killing beast

Thing is, in JL2? Diana could come out of the gate and beat Superman, so then she wins and if JL2 does better at the box office then Diana>all Kryptonians?

I'm not buying this particular rule.

Add to the fact the ridiculous inconsistencies in this movie (Diana speed feat at the opening of the movie, Diana not able to move during speed combat later. Superman able to resist the irresistable magic lasso, etc.) plus the fact that it was critically panned by professionals and fans alike and made the least amount of money (was seen by the least amount of people) then Wonder Woman>Doomsday>Kryptonians by virtue of more people saw her kick Doomsdays butt than saw that goofy fight in JL

Not to mention Diana was completely uninjured and fine at the end of that fight. She held him with the lasso, head butted him right back and then...vanished from the fight with Flash before Lois ended everything.

Quote Originally Posted by greymoon View Post
    Some people here are saying the only way WW has a chance of beating a Kryptonian is because of her skill/combat/lasso or whatever but never acknowledge that she has strength and power feats on par and above some Kryptonians like Supergirl,Power Girl, etc. Last time I checked, WW had super strength too. She easily overpowered Supergirl in N52 and has shown to go toe-to-toe with a bloodlusted going all out Superman. She has also taken hits from beings and things far stronger than Kryptonians.
    Yeah, also "WW wins because she has more skill" kinda only really works if you assume the Kryptonians don't have hand to hand combat skills.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I'm really not familiar with this 'rule.'

In BvS, Diana took on Doomsday, the creature that killed Superman, without a scratch and, if Clark hadn't been bent on martyrdom, probably could have killed it with that spear and survived.

But there's no doubt Diana came out on top of that exchange as she hacked bits of it off, so Diana>Kryptonian hybrid Superman-killing beast

Thing is, in JL2? Diana could come out of the gate and beat Superman, so then she wins and if JL2 does better at the box office then Diana>all Kryptonians?

I'm not buying this particular rule.

Add to the fact the ridiculous inconsistencies in this movie (Diana speed feat at the opening of the movie, Diana not able to move during speed combat later. Superman able to resist the irresistable magic lasso, etc.) plus the fact that it was critically panned by professionals and fans alike and made the least amount of money (was seen by the least amount of people) then Wonder Woman>Doomsday>Kryptonians by virtue of more people saw her kick Doomsdays butt than saw that goofy fight in JL

Not to mention Diana was completely uninjured and fine at the end of that fight. She held him with the lasso, head butted him right back and then...vanished from the fight with Flash before Lois ended everything.
    Her lasso was ineffective and she was just a passing thought in the background as Superman turned his attention to the Flash.

Her horrible showing against Superman as well as the entire league should tell us, the comic book fans, as well as all the other millions of people that saw the movie what the editors/directors and higher ups think about Wonder Woman. It's cute that her movie did so well, but so what, let's disrespect her in her follow up appearance. She sure did great against Steppenwolf (sarcasm implied)!

Once again, it is only lip service that we keep hearing about her speed, her vaunted fighting skills yet in actual practice against a powerhouse like Superman who she needs to subdue, she gets 'curb stomped'.

And explain again to me why Cyborg flys and Wondy can't? It sure as hell doesn't look like we will get that from her in her next movie if the time period is true. Just lip service, just crumbs.....

Remember, someone will try and twist my words or remark that I want her to win 100% of the time against everyone. All I want is for her to get the respect she deserves and not job out to other heroes or villains. And also all her powers, of which flying is one.

AS for the Lasso, I kinda get it not working. She called him Kal-El. A name he barely knows. It registered, because he knows that is his birth name. However, he has no real emotional attachment to the name. If she said Clark, it might have worked on him.

However, the tug of war contest should have been a lot more even. The Headbutt thing should be been better shown, and her fighting him, even if not to try and harm him should have been better choreographed. He was dangling her like she was nothing. I have a serious problem with that. If she is "The Greatest Fighter in the DCEU" then she needs to show it. And showing her as just hack and slash with that sword isn't it. She should be pulling moves out that are insanely impressive. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon/ The Matrix types of moves and speed is what she should have been shown as using.

(And it should have been stated that the Mother Box made Clark more powerful, if you wanted to show that he was WAY more powerful than her, and that it will eventually wear off.)
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    AS for the Lasso, I kinda get it not working. She called him Kal-El. A name he barely knows. It registered, because he knows that is his birth name. However, he has no real emotional attachment to the name. If she said Clark, it might have worked on him.

However, the tug of war contest should have been a lot more even. The Headbutt thing should be been better shown, and her fighting him, even if not to try and harm him should have been better choreographed. He was dangling her like she was nothing. I have a serious problem with that. If she is "The Greatest Fighter in the DCEU" then she needs to show it. And showing her as just hack and slash with that sword isn't it. She should be pulling moves out that are insanely impressive. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon/ The Matrix types of moves and speed is what she should have been shown as using.

(And it should have been stated that the Mother Box made Clark more powerful, if you wanted to show that he was WAY more powerful than her, and that it will eventually wear off.)
    Well yeah...I missed where Diana learned it since I don't think they exchanged two words in BvS, and she attended Clark's funeral.

My overall point being that the movie was panned, it was the worst selling DCEU film at the box office, and it was inconsistent as all get out across the board. I don't believe any 'rule' that says 'most seen=the way it is', especially when the whole mess was handled so poorly.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Never said it impacted her popularity. Only that the matter is settled for most people that have seen the movie versus the people that have read comic books.
    If the matter is settled (and as Gaelforce has pointed out, that's up for debate) and people are still going to see her sequel film...what does it even matter? The general audience doesn't care.

And the number of people who viewed JL is smaller than those who saw BvS and WW, so the popular perception for most people is probably that she's on par with Superman, and is the far more experienced fighter than he was at the point of his life BvS took place, as her experience helped her avoid getting hit by Doomsday and made up for whatever power gap there was. Going forward, if Patty Jenkins or whoever wants to give her flight (even in the 80s) or show scenes of them being equal, the studio hopefully won't stop them. It's not like adhering to the continuity of a box office bomb is a high priority. Wonder Woman being active during the 80s is already kind of contradicting her last line in BvS, which was vague to begin with, so clearly just putting some good films out there is a priority. Don't give JL more power than it warrants. Popular perception always changes.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    The nebulous "truth powers" of the modern lasso are always kind of annoying, because it leads to debates like this where we don't know why the damn thing doesn't work. If it had it's pre-Crisis powers, that fight could have been over as soon as she wrapped it around him. It allowed her to stop Nam-Ek in a similar situation.

I have a theory why people don't care. Multiple generations of the general populace already knows Superman. And they already know him as the strongest superhero. That perception has never left general consciousness and convention. As silly as the scene really is, you mention Superman actually spinning the Earth in the opposite direction and everyone knows exactly what you're talking about to this day. And not just comic book fans; everyone. Those feats are ingrained, and have been for decades. So I mean its like, regardless that its a new incarnation of the character, they show this Superman is stronger than these other heroes, and its like, they already know this. Big deal. That's why I think in general, moviegoers largely don't care about Superman's ownage. She's still the same awesome character they loved from BvS and her solo. she's not just as physically strong as Superman. But no one is.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-01-2018 at 05:08 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I have a theory why people don't care. Multiple generations of the general populace already knows Superman. And they already know him as the strongest superhero. That perception has never left general consciousness and convention. As silly as the scene really is, you mention Superman actually spinning the Earth in the opposite direction and everyone knows exactly what you're talking about to this day. And not just comic book fans; everyone. Those feats are ingrained, and have been for decades. So I mean its like, regardless that its a new incarnation of the character, they show this Superman is stronger than these other heroes, and its like, they already know this. Big deal. That's why I think in general, moviegoers largely don't care about Superman's ownage. She's still the same awesome character they loved from BvS and her solo. she's not just as physically strong as Superman. But no one is.
    This is pretty much where I'm at. That single headbutt (which didn't even keep her down for long) doesn't magically erase everything else she's been in, or will be in the future.

The only people who care about this are nerds on the internet. Everyone else is pissed that the movie sucked, they don't obsess over this stuff like we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    I know she beat Powergirl in Simone's run and they seemed to be pretty much equal in terms of strength but Idk about Ursa. She did fight both Zod and Faora in the SM/WW book at the same time and was winning before superman joined in
    It was said that WW and Powergirl should be equal in strength but Simone later said in an interview that PG is not on WWs level. And that makes sense because WW has way better feats than her. Idk about Ursa but as you said, she fought Zod and Faora and held her own.

I look at it this way: Supergirl is an average strength Kryptonian woman. Power Girl is a very strong Kryptonian woman and Ursa is a strong to very strong Kryptonian woman trained in Kryptonian fighting skills.

Wonder Woman is stronger than them all.

Wonder Woman is perhaps equalled by a strong Kryptonian male like Zod, but is stronger than an average male Kryptonian.

Superman would be a very strong Kryptonian male and slightly edges out WW in strength.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The nebulous "truth powers" of the modern lasso are always kind of annoying, because it leads to debates like this where we don't know why the damn thing doesn't work. If it had it's pre-Crisis powers, that fight could have been over as soon as she wrapped it around him. It allowed her to stop Nam-Ek in a similar situation.
    Or when Deva let Diana tie her up with it just so Deva could use the connection to read Diana's memories. (this was right before the infamous scene where Deva shot Diana with a pistol)