The ink is not even dry on the Mickey Mouse paper (fun fact: Disney's licensing contracts really have a tiny Mickey at the bottom) but we all know Kevin Feige and his friends are already feverishly thinking about how to best introduce our merry mutants in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

One of the most important choices they'll need to make is obviously going to be the movie director. I'm not creating a poll because the choices would be too many, but I would like y'all to nominate 3 candidates and, if you want, give some reasons for your choices. I'll start below.

1) My number one pick would be the Wachowski sisters. I have no idea how they feel about Marvel, Disney and the whole lot, but they can clearly do world-building, crazy sci-fi and characters very well. Anyone who has watched Sense8 please tell me how that's not an X-Men show in disguise.

2) Sibling power strikes again with the Russo brothers. They have directed 2 of the best MCU movies so far and with Civil War they have shown they can juggle in many different characters and give everyone their due while still telling a compelling story. Injecting some soul into the X-Men movie characters is what I feel the franchise needs the most and I believe the Russos are a good choice to do just that.

3) Joss Whedon is perhaps a very predictable choice, and it's likely wounds still won't have healed by the time we get to the first X-Men movie by Disney, but I always felt Joss was the perfect choice for the muties. I believe he came close a few times at Fox but it never quite materialized. Who knows how things are going to be between Whedon and Warner and Whedon and Feige by 2021 so I wouldn't count it out just yet.