Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default DC heroes you think belong at Marvel and Marvel heroes you think belong at DC

You saw the title. What characters do you feel would be better off at eachother universe's?

BANNED

The Martian Manhunter to Marvel. Hell, it couldn't hurt.

Maybe they could work out a trade with Marvel. The Martian Manhunter for Namor or someone like that. The publicity alone would sell the comics.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 01-16-2018 at 02:07 PM.

I keep thinking Mother Panic should be in Valiant but thats aboit it.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

"Better off" is tough to assert, but Captain America I think could easily pass as a DC superhero. Maybe I wish he could be in both universes or something.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post

Maybe they could work out a trade with Marvel. The Martian Manhunter for Namor or someone like that. The publicity alone would sell the comics.
    They actually wanted to do something like this when they did the Avengers/JLA crossover. At the end, one of the DC heroes would be left in the Marvel universe and vice-versa Marvel guy to the DCU for a year. In the end though they didn't do it because the couldn't make all the legal stuff work.

EDIT: On second thought I might be getting things mixed up. I think what it was was they were going to have the Avengers/JLA crossover happen in the regular titles of each team, but that's what couldn't be done for legal reasons.

They were going to have a hero from each get stuck in the other's universe during all that DC vs Marvel/Access/Amalgum stuff. I'm not sure what happen there.
    Last edited by ed2962; 01-16-2018 at 04:06 PM.

Fantastic Member

I could see Silver Surfer as a young animal title or Jessica Jones in a vertigo book.

It’s harder to think who I’d send from DC to marvel, though...

Edit: Now I’m imagining a Silver Surfer/Green Lantern crossover and how lovely that’d be.

New 52

Despite not knowing a lot about Daredevil I always thought he would fit very well in the DC universe. His entire origin of losing his sight in an accident but his other senses becoming superhuman so he sees the world very differently sounded like a very theatrical origin like DC hero origins. Also the whole Lawyer by day and crime fighter by night adds to his very old school superhero look in the same way that the Flash solves crimes by day or Superman reports on them by day.

As for a DC character to go to Marvel that is a bit harder but I do feel that Constantine would make sense since I feel that DC brought him into the main universe so they could have a cool wise talking jerk character appear in stories like what Iron Man does. I could easily imagine him being the guy in the Marvel universe that all the magic users hate but go to for loopholes in magic that only he knows and on his free time he is somehow friends with Iron Man and all the other celebrity superheros that like to drink.

Would you folks trade Wally West for Jessica Jones? You have a surplus of speedsters and Marvel has always done poorly in that area.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 01-16-2018 at 06:25 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Would you folks trade Wally West for Jessica Jones?
    Not a chance.

Would you folks trade Wally West for Jessica Jones? You have a surplus of speedsters and Marvel has always done poorly in that area.
    Heck no!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Not a chance.
    Okay, Jessica Jones for Red Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post

Martian Manhunter is the kind of character who probably would've been killed off in an event for shock value or by Bendis during his Avengers run.

Also, any kind of character with similarities to Superman in Marvel's stable generally either end up in limbo or just going off the rails.

Okay, Jessica Jones for Red Hood.
    Red Hood without the context of Batman is pretty much worthless, and Marvel already has Bucky.

That being said... DEAL. No takebacks!
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I don't think anybody has been misplaced. The characters are pretty much where they're meant to be.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Assuming the trade is temporary, and competently written? I'd pick Cyclops and Nightwing. I love Cyclops, I want him back in some capacity, and I think DC's current meta-human narrative (introduced in Doomsday Clock and Metal?) seems tailor made for a mutant perspective.

As for Nightwing, I raised the idea that it would be interesting to give him a story like the one Captain America had in the Dimension Z arc; basically, I think it would be cool to send Nightwing to some nightmare world, but there's only one thing better than that. Sending him to a different multiverse (company) altogether.

Of course, I wouldn't want any trade to be permanent.