BANNED

Default Why XBooks never developed Tatiana but My Hero Acadamia made Himiko so popular?!

626C762D-85CF-433E-83AB-925F2DDD0623.jpg

What a waste of a character !

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    626C762D-85CF-433E-83AB-925F2DDD0623.jpg

What a waste of a character !
    From her bio she sounds more like a manga character that would exist in a world where everyone has super powers and no diseases etc rather than the X-world where she is going to have to go around cutting people or keeping droplets of blood to use to be useful. Turn her into a vamp that keeps her mutant power and we might have something.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    From her bio she sounds more like a manga character that would exist in a world where everyone has super powers and no diseases etc rather than the X-world where she is going to have to go around cutting people or keeping droplets of blood to use to be useful. Turn her into a vamp that keeps her mutant power and we might have something.
    Also one writer. So he is definitely going to push his own creation throughout his own series, otherwise he would not have made her.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

we have mystique sooo

MHA is a lot less crowed than the Xmen
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

Because no writer was apparently interested in picking the character up and expanding on her powers or felt there was potential in them.

As the saying goes: "One man's trash, another man's treasure".

In addition to that, with the X-men franchise and Marvel Comics in general being allready overloaded with characters of various powers and roles, with new writers often throwing new ones in the ring, there will always be many who fall to the wayside.

Not helping is that characters are often introduced with or over time gain a "value" on how usefull or powerfull they are. Which can also differ between writers and readers. Hence further affecting their chance at getting used and gaining prominence.
    Basicly because a character got the value of "A-lister" they will keep being used and pushed to the front, gaining increasingly more impressive displays of their powers. While other characters get the value of "D-lister" and are treated as jokes or cannon fodder, with their powers being shown as mediocre or merely situational.

Outside the big franchise and it's fandom however writers are free to evaluate characters and powers in their own right. So when they create their own characters inspired by Marvel characters or by chance accidently similar to them, they might end up giving them a whole different level of prominence or usefullness.

There is also the overall difference in how high a writer creates the "power ceiling" and "power limits" in their respective works. What might be weak or merely usefull in one world could be a game changer in another.
    This is also why i consider "X vs Y" discussions on different franchises a pointless task, since the power ceilings and limits are often different.

So bottom line, she didn't catch on because the X-men franchise goes through many different hands, all who pick or create their favorit characters, who are valued by them and the readers alike for further usage, resulting in there being countless "untapped potential" characters who sink to the bottom of the barrel to be forgotten, used as cannon fodder or if they are lucky make a backround appearance now and again.

Meanwhile Himiko Toga is an important character in the world of My Hero Academia, because the singular writer of that work, decided to create a character for an important villain group and gave her powers which were either inspired by a very minor character from the X-men franchise or just by coincidence happens to have the same power as said character, which he percieved as usefull/powerfull for the stand alone work he creates.

It's also not the first case where a character in a manga who happens to have powers similar to that of a cape comic character, will have a far more impressive display of said powers.
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-01-2021 at 06:00 AM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Please forgive my ignorance...but...who?

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Tatiana/Catiana from the mini series NYX.
    She's part of a bunch of runaways mutants.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    It wasn't just you, I had to Google before I answered. And I read nyx.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I’ve read it and still don’t remember who this is.