View Poll Results: Who's The Better Character?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batman

64 48.48%
  • Wolverine

68 51.52%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Poll: Who's Better? Batman Or Wolverine?

Hey guys wanted to see what the good folks here at Comic Book Resources felt was the better character: Batman or Wolverine? I'm going with Batman because IMO he's one of the greatest characters in not just comic books but in fiction. He's up there with Sherlock Holmes and James Bond in terms of being that icon everyone knows and Batman has so many great stories, great rogues gallery, great supporting characters, and his mythology is so vast that I have to go with him.

Let's see what you guys have to say!
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-15-2018 at 08:58 PM.

I like them both the same but since thats not an option i voted Wolvie. Mostly because it became cool to hate Wolverine because how popular he became in the 90s to early 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I like them both the same but since thats not an option i voted Wolvie. Mostly because it became cool to hate Wolverine because how popular he became in the 90s to early 2000s.
    You could literally substitute Batman in there for Wolverine, and still not change a single other word. Remember the DC Animated Universe? Yeah. Exact same time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    You could literally substitute Batman in there for Wolverine, and still not change a single other word. Remember the DC Animated Universe? Yeah. Exact same time frame.
    I dont recall it ever becoming a hip thing to hate Batman though

BANNED

Batman has more mythology behind him, a whole world and mythos separate from the other DC universe stuff that spins off directly from him with hundreds of characters all with their own stories. Wolverine, despite having that on a smaller scale, is forever tied to the X-Men franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I dont recall it ever becoming a hip thing to hate Batman though
    This 100% it was never cool or popular to hate Batman iv known some people not to be big fans or like him all that much but it was never a trend to hate him he's kinda like Spiderman in a way he's allweys had a following and very few haters.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    This 100% it was never cool or popular to hate Batman iv known some people not to be big fans or like him all that much but it was never a trend to hate him he's kinda like Spiderman in a way he's allweys had a following and very few haters.
    Wolverine it became cool to hate because he was so popular so fast. Yea marvel over saturated him but the character didnt take a dive its just became a cool thing to hate the "Cool" character. Ive always found Wolverine to be a very layered charatcer especialy in his solos amd hes ties with Batman in my top 5 supesheroes

1.Black Panther
    2/3 Hulk and superman no real order
    4/5 batman and wolverine

BANNED

There has never been an X-Man that I cared very much about.

Batman is more iconic, which is why I voted for him. But I like Wolverine more in the comic books.

Batman, no contest.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Batman is more iconic, which is why I voted for him. But I like Wolverine more in the comic books.
    Well if its whos more iconic then Only Superman can beat Batman. spidey if we are talking about with kids. I love both character but i do seem to find more of what i like with Wolvie. I will say Wolverine is a trifecta of Cliches though. Reluctant warrior/Sin eater or lethal Enforcer/ dickish loner with a heart of gold. So i can see why some poeple dislike him but most his hate was a bandwagon cool thing to do once he became too popular. Im actually enjoying The current old man logan run. I read on Marvel Unlimited so its delayed but its not bad. Couldnt get into X23 wolverine title i tried though. Im patiently waiting for the day they bring back 616 Wolverine. And then hopefuly dont put him on every team in the marvel U
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-16-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Batman or Wolverine?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Batman. And it's not even close
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

X-Men stories over Batman stories (mainly because of the Claremont run) but Batman over Wolverine.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Batman has a larger world and is a far more versatile and iconic character, but for actual depth of character and personality, I find Wolverine to be far better defined and more interesting as a person.