All-New Member

Default Looking for advice, helping my father sell his collection.

Hello, my father has a sizable collection, approximately 9000 comics and as the title states he has decided it is time to sell. We have been looking through some and checking completed listings on ebay to see where prices are but the idea of dealing with hundreds or thousands of ebay listings is not something I look forward to. Ideally we could find someone who would make an offer on all of it. However what someone is willing to offer and what my dad thinks is fair may be two very different number. Any advice on how to go about selling off something like this? I have been thinking we could sell the more valuable stuff on ebay, then maybe large lots to a store or swap meet? I have attached a few of his hand written lists.

Thank You

Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

All-New Member

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Hello. My advice would be to pick out key issues (like New Mutants #97, 98 & 99) sets and runs, and sell them on Ebay.

Then take the rest of the bulk of the comics and ship them to Lonestar Comics. They will put your comics on their site and when they sell, they'll take a small fee and send you the rest of the money. You can find out more details about how they do it on their website.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Lonestar has close dealers around if you look on website that will come and look at the comics. I'd suggest you also contact local dealers and shops to see if they will buy wholesale. Don't expect to see them pay huge prices for fill in issues of non-key issues though. Some shops will only pay so many cents on the dollar. But good luck selling.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.